LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Getting a vasectomy

Old 08-13-2010, 11:22 AM   #1
jester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jester156's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to jester156
Getting a vasectomy

so today I called the urologist to set up a consultation for a vasectomy. the wife and I have decided 2 is enough, she does not want to go on birth control and I will now do my part.
Come to find out, its scheduled in 2 weeks with consultation and procedure in the same visit. The office is sending me a packet of info.
Just wondering what I can expect as far as recovery from any TW members who have had the procedure.

jokes welcomed, its easy to joke about what scare you then actually say your feelings...sometimes
Old 08-13-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, I applause you, I would never let a scalple get that close to my goods.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:25 AM   #3
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Do it during final four (first week) so you got something to do!!!

Hahaahaa
Old 08-13-2010, 11:26 AM   #4
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbah57 View Post
Wow, I applause you, I would never let a scalple get that close to my goods.
x1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000
Old 08-13-2010, 11:27 AM   #5
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
I've been considering this too. I'm 22 with a 3 year old and I do not want another. My fiance (not the mother) wants a kid eventually but we decided on adopting because she is too scared to have one herself.

How old are you? I heard the doctors give you a hard time if your young?
Old 08-13-2010, 11:28 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Yikes, good luck to you man! my dog just got snipped, are they going to give you a cone so you can't get at your junk?

Jokes aside, hopefully all goes well and you have a quick recovery.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:29 AM   #7
For the Retards, Im a Female
ToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
ToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ToyTaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallyman89 View Post
I applaud you for doing it rather than expecting your wife to do the surgery.
+1
Old 08-13-2010, 11:29 AM   #8
bailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ex-navy, IT Contractor
Name: Cody
bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x2
Old 08-13-2010, 11:31 AM   #9
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyTaco View Post
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bailerc View Post
x2

x3 I have been considering this as well. How old are you?
Old 08-13-2010, 11:31 AM   #10
jester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Quote:
+1
Quote:
x2
we had said before #2 was born, if she happened to have a C-section then she would get the surgery, otherwise it was my turn. Well, she went all natural, 2nd time, and here I go with my end of the bargain.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:34 AM   #11
Taco Lover
tegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester156 View Post
so today I called the urologist to set up a consultation for a vasectomy. the wife and I have decided 2 is enough, she does not want to go on birth control and I will now do my part.
Come to find out, its scheduled in 2 weeks with consultation and procedure in the same visit. The office is sending me a packet of info.
Just wondering what I can expect as far as recovery from any TW members who have had the procedure.

jokes welcomed, its easy to joke about what scare you then actually say your feelings...sometimes
Its not that bad, same deal two was enough for us & I hate raincoats. Whole thing took 45 minutes a little sore next day o/w no big deal. As far as the "I would never BS", as women age the risks from birth control increase greatly, any "real man" would take a day of discomfort over putting the mother of his children @ risk of death from stroke IMO. Buy some frozen peas get some good movies & plan to spend the day on the couch, props to you for not being a pussy & putting your wife's welfare ahead of your comfort.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:37 AM   #12
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbturner47 View Post
I've been considering this too. I'm 22 with a 3 year old and I do not want another. My fiance (not the mother) wants a kid eventually but we decided on adopting because she is too scared to have one herself.

How old are you? I heard the doctors give you a hard time if your young?
Honestly if the doctor gives you a hard time, I would search for another one. His job is to inform, advise and perform. He is responsible for giving you the informartion to make an informed decision, and not giving you a hard time.

To the OP, props for your decision.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:39 AM   #13
I am the one who knocks
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
sockmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
oh, yeah
as soon as we knew our twins were healthy, born in aug '00, i had it done in dec '00.

i was tender for about 2 weeks. but i was at work, walking around gingerly.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:40 AM   #14
Dang liberals.
tacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomaprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Rep to you for being a man about it. Good luck!
Old 08-13-2010, 11:46 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
I will be 34 tomorrow.
guess i will be off the Mt bike for a few weeks. not that it gets any love, but now there is NO chance.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:48 AM   #16
LostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LostRebel's Tacoma Gallery
It's not really a big deal. A few days of discomfort = years of worry free sex.

Schedule it for a Friday and spend the weekend with ziplock bags of finely crushed ice surrounding your nuts. The stiches are the most annoying part of the surgery and keeping the swelling down goes a long way towards alleviating the discomfort. If all goes well, you'll be fine for work on Monday. If all does not go well, the worst that can happen is your dick falls off and your a eunuch.

And make sure you snap a picture of your black and blue balls and post it up here to prove you you went through with the surgery. No homo.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:50 AM   #17
Token
Fluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fluffymonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
+1
Quote:
x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post

X4. My girlfriend has already decided that i'll be getting one when the time comes, since she has to go through that whole giving birth thing
Old 08-13-2010, 11:55 AM   #18

its scheduled for a saturday as thats when the office does them.
i know just the place for that picture
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostRebel View Post
It's not really a big deal. A few days of discomfort = years of worry free sex.

Schedule it for a Friday and spend the weekend with ziplock bags of finely crushed ice surrounding your nuts. The stiches are the most annoying part of the surgery and keeping the swelling down goes a long way towards alleviating the discomfort. If all goes well, you'll be fine for work on Monday. If all does not go well, the worst that can happen is your dick falls off and your a eunuch.

And make sure you snap a picture of your black and blue balls and post it up here to prove you you went through with the surgery. No homo.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:58 AM   #20
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Honestly if the doctor gives you a hard time, I would search for another one. His job is to inform, advise and perform. He is responsible for giving you the informartion to make an informed decision, and not giving you a hard time.

To the OP, props for your decision.
Yes, and no. Lots of young folks end up regretting/changing their mind later (you know,meet a new person, decide 1 kid isn't enough, etc). By delaying it several years, you prevent a second operative procedure, with the attendant risks. It IS surgery, with anesthesia, the risk of complications, and like it or not, sometimes you can't reverse the procedure.

They do the same thing for young women - it's not necessarily they're pushing their beliefs on to their patient.