1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Running for a fat guy

Discussion in 'Health' started by SteelRain, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Nov 16, 2010 at 9:11 PM
    671born

671born Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Guam
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab 5-Lug
    Audio, Blacked out Badges
    Yeah, I agree with what everyone says about starting out with low-impact. Maybe walking, biking, even swimming then build up to jogging and running. I have lost 40 lbs. twice in my life(Went from 220 to 180 in 6 mos. and then went from 230 to 190 in a little over 3) because of regular exercise and good eating. I also gained a lot of it back because I also had periods of inactivity and binging but keeping the weight off is another battle. And as someone here said before, diet is just as important, maybe even more so, than exercise. But the important thing you have to do is get out there and do something. Find a sport or activity that you like doing and join a club or a gym. When you get up to it, run 5Ks on the weekend when they have it. And make sure you're eating wholesome foods throughout the day. What do I recommend? A mixture of cardio, circuits(crossfit, P90X) and heavier strength training throughout the week. Mix it up. It doesn't really matter what you do, since your main goal is fat loss, just get up and sweat.

Products Discussed in

To Top