Supplements..

Old 11-14-2010, 03:30 PM   #21
671born is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 254 RED HORSE Squadron, Guam Air National Guard
Name: Patrick
671born's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron1mcc View Post
NO Shotgun is about the best pre workout supplement that I have tried...it combines NO with VPX Redline fat burn technology. It creates a good pump and drive for me to work out. I take NO Synthesize post work out as well. I have used Power Shock and I did like it but its not near what the combination of NO Shotgun and NO Synthesize is. I had a few rounds with NO Xplode and wasn't impressed. Wasn't impressed with Jack3d either...it takes 3 scoops of Jack3d to get where NO Shotgun gets me with one scoop. I always take the suggested one scoop of NO Shotgun and the effects never have felt decreased nor does my body get used to the product. If your doing crossfit or other cardio intense work outs I wouldn't recommend a pre work out supplement other then a fast acting whey protein.
Wow! I'd be pretty scared to try NO Shotgun then...1 1/2 scoops of Jack3d is all I need to get pumped. I'll probably check some of my buddies and try it just to see how I feel. I starting using N.O. Xplode and Jack3d when I was lifting and I just kept using it when I switched to circuits and crossfit. It keeps me more focused and makes me want to workout. How long have you been using NO Shotgun? Once I get to my desired weight I'm going to start rotating heavier lifting sessions in my weekly workout.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:39 PM   #22
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 671born View Post
Why won't you be using N.O. Xplode again? I don't know if you've ever tried Jacked or not but if you're looking for a preworkout, it's pretty hard to beat, then again, I've never tried N.O. Shotgun. I also take CLA and L-Carnitine, as my main goal is fat loss, but I honestly don't know if they're helping any.
Couple reasons for no longer wanting to use no xplode. First is the taste. Just awful. I've tried 2 different flavors and both are awful. I don't really feel any effects from it and it is messing with my GI system.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:04 PM   #23
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I've been using NO Shotgun for about 2 months. I was on Jack3d before and Superpump 250 and my body just got used to them too fast. I haven't felt any negative side effects and the taste is not horrible at all...slightly grainy but if you let it dissolve that goes away. Don't shake it too hard or else it gets foamy. I usually swish it around in about 8 oz of water and chug it...I live about 10 min from base and half way there I get the tingly sensation and the focus and excitement amps up. Its good stuff.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:00 PM   #24
671born is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 254 RED HORSE Squadron, Guam Air National Guard
Name: Patrick
671born's Tacoma Gallery
Cool man. I'll try that once my current supply of Jack3d runs out. It's always goods to try new things, especially something that comes highly recommended from others. Thanks.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:02 PM   #25
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
I just ordered some MusclePharm Assault and Recon...and some protein powder from the same company..its gotten very very high reviews so I'm gonna try that stuff. I'll let ya know how it goes.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:29 PM   #27
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron1mcc View Post
I work out consistently and vary it up between heavy weights, low reps, low weight high rep, HIIT, and kick boxing. I eat over 3000 calories a day, over 200 grams of protein, 200 grams of complex carbs and less then 100 grams of fat per day (keeping the fat to the unsaturated stuff). I'm trying to nail my diet right now and see where it all needs to be at. I have remained at a pretty much consistent BF percentage of 5-6% at 180 lbs...I consider myself a hard gainer. What do you guru's think of weight gainers and which ones are your favorites?
isomass by ultimate nutrition its one of the best gainers i have ever used and i'm very endomorphic so i drop weight quick! and every cm. of muscle on me was hard fought with smart weight training and a good diet. this stuff will put on lean muscle not fat i love it.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:12 PM   #28

Law Enforcement:
How's that isomass on the stomach? MuscleTech always hits the gut like Burger King but Monster Milk, BSN Syntha 6, ON Whey, and Gaspari Myofusion never messed with me.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:51 PM   #29
theUtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Sean
theUtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I used to take Jacked but I felt that your body adapts to it rather quickly. A very solid alternative pre workout formula is 200mg caffeine, 3 grams L-Tyrosine, 1.5 Grams Sci-fit Kre-Alkylyn and 2 Grams Beta-Alanine. This combo kicks a** and you will notice results within a couple weeks. Ive been using it for the past few months and its feels the same now as the first time I used it.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:35 PM   #30
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
As for pre workout, hopped on the the NoXplode wagon a few years ago. Did the Muscle Milk thing for a few months. One jug of Hypershock. But, I always come back to Gaspari SuperPump.
As for protein powders, I've tried more than I can list.

My current arsenal:
Pre- Gaspari SuperPump
Intra- Scivation Xtend
Post- Gaspari Myofusion
Bedtime- Optimum Nutrition Casein
Multi-Vitamin- Animal Pak
Throughout the day- Optimum Nutrition Whey or Myofusion

I buy all my supps for a local dealer. His prices beat bb.com even before shipping.

Results have been great.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:08 AM   #31
ImthePrez has much to be proud ofImthePrez has much to be proud ofImthePrez has much to be proud ofImthePrez has much to be proud ofImthePrez has much to be proud ofImthePrez has much to be proud ofImthePrez has much to be proud ofImthePrez has much to be proud of
ImthePrez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
Jack3d for pre
ON Whey
Animal Pak or Orange Triad for multi
xtend for intra <- works really well for recovery

haha never seen many people take Jak3d...thats some badass stuff! I take it before workouts and talkin about the energy boost!

I love Muscle Milk and for protein I drink ON.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:47 AM   #32
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab08 View Post
What flavor do you like? When I was working out, I also used the xtend but I could not make my self drink that stuff. I got the watermelon thinking that it was gonna taste great from the reviews, but there is just something about that taste (and texture since it does not dissolve at all) that I just could not handle. I even tried mixing it with about every flavor of Gatorade and still got sick off it. But I used jack3d, ON After max, and when I could stomach it the xtend.
trick with xtend is to make sure you're using enough water. I go with at least 8oz for every scoop of xtend. only tried watermelon so far and like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthePrez View Post
haha never seen many people take Jak3d...thats some badass stuff! I take it before workouts and talkin about the energy boost!

I love Muscle Milk and for protein I drink ON.
stopped jack3d recently after it stopped having an effect on me. didn't want to use more than 3 scoops, and wound up just giving it to a friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
The ZMA is supposed to be like an anabolic precursor or sorts. It is simply zinc magnesium and b6 (I believe). Supposed to shorten recovery times and increase muscle strength. It was developed originally to be a sleep aid, so its good for a god nights rest too. I have been trying all new things lately so I can't really attribute anything specific to one single supp. To its credit, I have been sleeping great though, so if nothing else...
I'm a huge fan of zma!
Old 12-22-2010, 08:03 PM   #33
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jaxchrisfla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jaxchrisfla Send a message via Yahoo to jaxchrisfla
on a side note, how do you guys spend on month on your stash? im starting fresh for the new year and ive been looking around to get an idea of what everyone is using, Im just worried about the cost. I dont really have a habit like smoking or drinking that im trying to kick, so I dont really have anything to offset the price cut Im looking to endure. Just want to get an idea before i start ordering and wasting money on useless stuff.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:23 PM   #35

Law Enforcement:
Look into buying supplements that give you a servings amount per container that will last you about a month...that way you only have to dish out cash once a month. I go with a protein powder that gives me around 40 servings per container, a MRP product that has about 20 packets in it, pre workout supp with about 28 servings and post workout supp with the same and I'm set for the month...I top it all off with a good diet and plenty of water. Bought a water filter for my house so I'm spending less on bottled water. Bottom line, price varies on what you buy and where you buy it. Buy online from bodybuilding.com and its way cheaper then going to your local GNC or Vitamin World even with shipping. They also have more product available!!
Old 01-23-2011, 10:43 PM   #36
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm assuming everyone has seen the issues with the NFL and the new coach for the raiders with the company he was connected with. That company distributes IGF-1. Wondering what your thoughts were on this particular substance or if you would be willing to try it.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:09 PM   #37

Law Enforcement:
I've always been interested in trying an natural HGH or testosterone booster of some kind. I bought MusclePharm's Battle Fuel, and ZMA from ON and both seem to be working quite well so far. I recommend MusclePharm too, they have some very decent products. When I get to my cut phase I'll be trying their SHRED Matrix...combined with a lean diet and cardio I'm sure I'll be able to get to where I wanna be!
Old 01-23-2011, 11:31 PM   #38

It's a very tempting product to try since it is almost impossible to detect. I wouldn't mind taking some kind of HGH either. For me I have to be careful with what I take because I compete and some of those products contain ingredients that are banned. Granted I'm not competing on a high enough level yet that I would be tested. But I know that NO-Xplode contains a banned substance. It's hard to find products that the body doesn't get use to quickly. That's why IGF-1 is looking good.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:37 PM   #39
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Im taking Hemo Rage right now and that stuff is potent. especially with a scoop or two of GABA powder.

Ive taken alot of stuff in my days, if anyone wonders about Gaspiri or BSN products let me know. I can give you my personal experiences.

I always take Aminos throughout the day and before i work out take about 2g's of arginine.

As for protein, im pretty basic with that stuff, to me its all the same just different names, some of it has creatine in it. I just take basic stuff i find and i always order my stuff off bodybuilding.com
Old 01-23-2011, 11:37 PM   #40

Is it safe to take 2 products that promote a boost in testosterone levels? But those products have definitely caught my eye now.

If SHRED Matrix is anything like Ripped Fuel then it is worthless. For me anyways. But It will be a long time before I reach the leaning out phase. I've been trying to gain 15 lbs for years with no results.