1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Supplements..

Discussion in 'Health' started by KodiakToyTRD, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Nov 8, 2010 at 7:46 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    ..what do you use and why? What's your favorite? Where do you buy? I'll start off:

I usually go with Gaspari, Muscle Milk or ON for protein powder. For pre workout I usually go with VPX NO Shotgun or Jack3d. Thinking of switching to MusclePharm but haven't tried their stuff yet, they seem to have quite good reviews. I also go with ON Optimen for my multi-vitamin. I purchase 99% of my stuff thru bodybuilding.com.

2. Nov 8, 2010 at 7:49 PM
    Andrew H

Andrew H What is this "search" you speak of?

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    muscle milk is good. I dont use creatine or any other pre workout supplement.

Work out and eat healthy and youll see results and gains that will be easier to maintain.

3. Nov 8, 2010 at 7:50 PM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    Jack3d for pre
    ON Whey
    Animal Pak or Orange Triad for multi
    xtend for intra <- works really well for recovery

4. Nov 8, 2010 at 8:10 PM
    USFCON

USFCON Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Melbourne, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner SR5 Off Road
    FLM URD Short Shifter Debadged Gate 4 D-ring add on Weathertech floor mats Sport Wheel Swap Color matched Grill Bed lights Air freshner mod AAL Bilstein x 4 Tacolean Spacer Tins Bike Fork Mount Sexy Tires Blacked out Valence
    GNC Amplified recovery blend - post cycling
    Accelerade - during

5. Nov 8, 2010 at 8:42 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    I work out consistently and vary it up between heavy weights, low reps, low weight high rep, HIIT, and kick boxing. I eat over 3000 calories a day, over 200 grams of protein, 200 grams of complex carbs and less then 100 grams of fat per day (keeping the fat to the unsaturated stuff). I'm trying to nail my diet right now and see where it all needs to be at. I have remained at a pretty much consistent BF percentage of 5-6% at 180 lbs...I consider myself a hard gainer. What do you guru's think of weight gainers and which ones are your favorites?

6. Nov 8, 2010 at 8:53 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    I don't use any pre workout yet... For my post workout shake, I have been using ON 2:1:1 recovery and creatine. I just switched to ON platinum hydro whey though to cut out my fats and sugars. Before bed I take ZMA and Casein. My multi V is AST multi pro 32X. You can take this info for what you will, but all I will say is that from Sept 22 until now, I have gone from 193 lbs to 204 currently with much better definition. I am 6'3" and a very hard gainer.

7. Nov 8, 2010 at 9:01 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    ON Platinum is one of my favorites. I always order the largest size I can get. I made the mistake of ordering strawberry thinking it would taste great...eh its not the best. Turbo Chocolate is the best!!

8. Nov 8, 2010 at 9:17 PM
    outlaw7

outlaw7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    PacNorWest
    Vehicle:
    2010 trd sport
    For protein I use optimum nutrition nitrocore 24 in the am platinum whey post wo and casien before bed. I take aminos and caffeine and creatine monohydrate pills 60 mins out l-arganine and beta alinine 20 mins out and glutamine creatine and aminos again right after my workout. I lift heavy low reps for 8-10 weeks and take a week off do that 3 or 4 cycles then lift low weight high reps for 10 weeks,week off and start over again. I'm 5'8 215 about 14%bf I eat every 3hrs.

9. Nov 8, 2010 at 10:14 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    Whats the ZMA do? I've seen it and read about but never took or talked to anyone that has..

10. Nov 8, 2010 at 10:29 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    The ZMA is supposed to be like an anabolic precursor or sorts. It is simply zinc magnesium and b6 (I believe). Supposed to shorten recovery times and increase muscle strength. It was developed originally to be a sleep aid, so its good for a god nights rest too. I have been trying all new things lately so I can't really attribute anything specific to one single supp. To its credit, I have been sleeping great though, so if nothing else...

11. Nov 9, 2010 at 3:59 PM
    meantaco

meantaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andres
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prerunner. Gone,but not forgotten.
    Retrofit,bull bar,hellas and color matched grill.
    if you are really interested in gaining mass you should try serious mass ive gained 8lbs on a 12lbs bag of that stuff (consider me a hard gainer )really cheap to you can get the 12lbs bag for like 40 dollars on Amazon by the way don't expect to notice gains if you don't train hard, eat right , and sleep

12. Nov 9, 2010 at 11:53 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    I train hard all the time and I eat right....cept around Halloween lol. Does serious mass mess with your stomach? I've tried a few powders and they mess with me real bad. One of the other things I have issues with is sleep...my schedule and such makes it difficult to get on a good sleep schedule but I get around 6-7 hours on works days. I'm pretty satisfied with where I'm at right now, just wanted to hear from ya'll about what you find works good for you!

13. Nov 10, 2010 at 12:20 AM
    jr114

jr114 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Truck
    Icon Ext travel CO, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Maxtrac Spindles, Icon RR rear w 2"aal.
    both gaspari and mhp make very good bulk supplements. gaspari's size on is awesome. creatine based, with complex and quick digesting carbs. i personally like mhp's dark matter. great post workout supplement.

14. Nov 10, 2010 at 12:27 AM
    KodiakToyTRD

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    I've checked into dark matter a few times but never bought it. I water loss pills from MHP though.

Edit: I took Super Pump 250 and Size On Pre and Post workout, gave me the runs. Cut the Size On out and it quit so...I have a bucket of size on gathering dust on my shelf..lol

15. Nov 11, 2010 at 3:07 AM
    KodiakToyTRD

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    I'm about to do an order from bodybuilding.com here as soon as we get paid...gonna try the musclepharm stuff...it has gotten very good reviews! Also gonna go with some meal replacement powder packets from MHP. Speaking of bodybuilding.com, I have never had any issues with them at all. If you guys can wait for shipping they have lower prices and extremely good service..also a better selection then most other places that I've seen.

16. Nov 11, 2010 at 3:20 AM
    671born

671born Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Guam
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab 5-Lug
    Audio, Blacked out Badges
    Right now I'm in my off-cycle of Jacked. I love it! I can't wait to get back on. I used to take N.O. Xplode and I felt the pumps but it gave me diarrhea and I had to wait awhile before I actually worked out. I use pre workouts to get me to the "hill" as opposed to using it solely for increasing performance because sometimes it's just hard to get motivated. I used to go heavy with the weights but now I do mostly crossfit and circuits. I see that most of the people on this thread have a hard time gaining but I havealways had a hard time losing the weight.

17. Nov 12, 2010 at 10:57 PM
    AvsFanTRD

AvsFanTRD Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Off Road Black
    rear suspension TSB, sockmonkey bed decals, weathertech floor liners, TRD seat covers, tailgate pop n lock, rear diff breather relocation, center console lock, Viper Alarm, extra D-rings in bed, 5100's on all 4 corners
    There is a thread here on crossfit if you are interested.

My supplement list currently includes Optimum Whey Protein, NO xplode (which I won't repeat after this bottle), NO-Synthesize (post workout), and kre-alkalyn (creatine). My next pre workout will be NO shotgun. During the off NO cycles I'll use After Shock for my recovery drink.

18. Nov 13, 2010 at 11:23 PM
    671born

671born Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Guam
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab 5-Lug
    Audio, Blacked out Badges
    Why won't you be using N.O. Xplode again? I don't know if you've ever tried Jacked or not but if you're looking for a preworkout, it's pretty hard to beat, then again, I've never tried N.O. Shotgun. I also take CLA and L-Carnitine, as my main goal is fat loss, but I honestly don't know if they're helping any.

19. Nov 14, 2010 at 7:26 AM
    KodiakToyTRD

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    NO Shotgun is about the best pre workout supplement that I have tried...it combines NO with VPX Redline fat burn technology. It creates a good pump and drive for me to work out. I take NO Synthesize post work out as well. I have used Power Shock and I did like it but its not near what the combination of NO Shotgun and NO Synthesize is. I had a few rounds with NO Xplode and wasn't impressed. Wasn't impressed with Jack3d either...it takes 3 scoops of Jack3d to get where NO Shotgun gets me with one scoop. I always take the suggested one scoop of NO Shotgun and the effects never have felt decreased nor does my body get used to the product. If your doing crossfit or other cardio intense work outs I wouldn't recommend a pre work out supplement other then a fast acting whey protein.

20. Nov 14, 2010 at 7:40 AM
    jab08

jab08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    02 T4R 4wd
    What flavor do you like? When I was working out, I also used the xtend but I could not make my self drink that stuff. I got the watermelon thinking that it was gonna taste great from the reviews, but there is just something about that taste (and texture since it does not dissolve at all) that I just could not handle. I even tried mixing it with about every flavor of Gatorade and still got sick off it. But I used jack3d, ON After max, and when I could stomach it the xtend.

Products Discussed in

To Top