Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Supplements..

Old 11-08-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Supplements..

..what do you use and why? What's your favorite? Where do you buy? I'll start off:

I usually go with Gaspari, Muscle Milk or ON for protein powder. For pre workout I usually go with VPX NO Shotgun or Jack3d. Thinking of switching to MusclePharm but haven't tried their stuff yet, they seem to have quite good reviews. I also go with ON Optimen for my multi-vitamin. I purchase 99% of my stuff thru bodybuilding.com.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:49 PM   #2
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
muscle milk is good. I dont use creatine or any other pre workout supplement.

Work out and eat healthy and youll see results and gains that will be easier to maintain.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:50 PM   #3
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Jack3d for pre
ON Whey
Animal Pak or Orange Triad for multi
xtend for intra <- works really well for recovery
Old 11-08-2010, 09:10 PM   #4
USFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Medical
Name: Jeff
USFCON's Tacoma Gallery
GNC Amplified recovery blend - post cycling
Accelerade - during
Old 11-08-2010, 09:42 PM   #5
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
I work out consistently and vary it up between heavy weights, low reps, low weight high rep, HIIT, and kick boxing. I eat over 3000 calories a day, over 200 grams of protein, 200 grams of complex carbs and less then 100 grams of fat per day (keeping the fat to the unsaturated stuff). I'm trying to nail my diet right now and see where it all needs to be at. I have remained at a pretty much consistent BF percentage of 5-6% at 180 lbs...I consider myself a hard gainer. What do you guru's think of weight gainers and which ones are your favorites?
Old 11-08-2010, 09:53 PM   #6
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
I don't use any pre workout yet... For my post workout shake, I have been using ON 2:1:1 recovery and creatine. I just switched to ON platinum hydro whey though to cut out my fats and sugars. Before bed I take ZMA and Casein. My multi V is AST multi pro 32X. You can take this info for what you will, but all I will say is that from Sept 22 until now, I have gone from 193 lbs to 204 currently with much better definition. I am 6'3" and a very hard gainer.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:01 PM   #7

Law Enforcement:
ON Platinum is one of my favorites. I always order the largest size I can get. I made the mistake of ordering strawberry thinking it would taste great...eh its not the best. Turbo Chocolate is the best!!
Old 11-08-2010, 10:17 PM   #8
outlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FO on the OP
Name: Brandon
outlaw7's Tacoma Gallery
For protein I use optimum nutrition nitrocore 24 in the am platinum whey post wo and casien before bed. I take aminos and caffeine and creatine monohydrate pills 60 mins out l-arganine and beta alinine 20 mins out and glutamine creatine and aminos again right after my workout. I lift heavy low reps for 8-10 weeks and take a week off do that 3 or 4 cycles then lift low weight high reps for 10 weeks,week off and start over again. I'm 5'8 215 about 14%bf I eat every 3hrs.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:14 PM   #9

Law Enforcement:
Whats the ZMA do? I've seen it and read about but never took or talked to anyone that has..
Old 11-08-2010, 11:29 PM   #10
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
The ZMA is supposed to be like an anabolic precursor or sorts. It is simply zinc magnesium and b6 (I believe). Supposed to shorten recovery times and increase muscle strength. It was developed originally to be a sleep aid, so its good for a god nights rest too. I have been trying all new things lately so I can't really attribute anything specific to one single supp. To its credit, I have been sleeping great though, so if nothing else...
Old 11-09-2010, 04:59 PM   #11
meantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
meantaco's Tacoma Gallery
if you are really interested in gaining mass you should try serious mass ive gained 8lbs on a 12lbs bag of that stuff (consider me a hard gainer )really cheap to you can get the 12lbs bag for like 40 dollars on amazon by the way don't expect to notice gains if you don't train hard, eat right , and sleep
Old 11-10-2010, 12:53 AM   #12

Law Enforcement:
I train hard all the time and I eat right....cept around Halloween lol. Does serious mass mess with your stomach? I've tried a few powders and they mess with me real bad. One of the other things I have issues with is sleep...my schedule and such makes it difficult to get on a good sleep schedule but I get around 6-7 hours on works days. I'm pretty satisfied with where I'm at right now, just wanted to hear from ya'll about what you find works good for you!
Old 11-10-2010, 01:20 AM   #13
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
both gaspari and mhp make very good bulk supplements. gaspari's size on is awesome. creatine based, with complex and quick digesting carbs. i personally like mhp's dark matter. great post workout supplement.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:27 AM   #14

Law Enforcement:
I've checked into dark matter a few times but never bought it. I water loss pills from MHP though.

Edit: I took Super Pump 250 and Size On Pre and Post workout, gave me the runs. Cut the Size On out and it quit so...I have a bucket of size on gathering dust on my shelf..lol
Old 11-11-2010, 04:07 AM   #15

Law Enforcement:
I'm about to do an order from bodybuilding.com here as soon as we get paid...gonna try the musclepharm stuff...it has gotten very good reviews! Also gonna go with some meal replacement powder packets from MHP. Speaking of bodybuilding.com, I have never had any issues with them at all. If you guys can wait for shipping they have lower prices and extremely good service..also a better selection then most other places that I've seen.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:20 AM   #16
671born is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 254 RED HORSE Squadron, Guam Air National Guard
Name: Patrick
671born's Tacoma Gallery
Right now I'm in my off-cycle of Jacked. I love it! I can't wait to get back on. I used to take N.O. Xplode and I felt the pumps but it gave me diarrhea and I had to wait awhile before I actually worked out. I use pre workouts to get me to the "hill" as opposed to using it solely for increasing performance because sometimes it's just hard to get motivated. I used to go heavy with the weights but now I do mostly crossfit and circuits. I see that most of the people on this thread have a hard time gaining but I havealways had a hard time losing the weight.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:57 PM   #17
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 671born View Post
I used to go heavy with the weights but now I do mostly crossfit and circuits. I see that most of the people on this thread have a hard time gaining but I havealways had a hard time losing the weight.
There is a thread here on crossfit if you are interested.

My supplement list currently includes Optimum Whey Protein, NO xplode (which I won't repeat after this bottle), NO-Synthesize (post workout), and kre-alkalyn (creatine). My next pre workout will be NO shotgun. During the off NO cycles I'll use After Shock for my recovery drink.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:23 AM   #18
671born is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 254 RED HORSE Squadron, Guam Air National Guard
Name: Patrick
671born's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFanTRD View Post
My supplement list currently includes Optimum Whey Protein, NO xplode (which I won't repeat after this bottle), NO-Synthesize (post workout), and kre-alkalyn (creatine). My next pre workout will be NO shotgun. During the off NO cycles I'll use After Shock for my recovery drink.
Why won't you be using N.O. Xplode again? I don't know if you've ever tried Jacked or not but if you're looking for a preworkout, it's pretty hard to beat, then again, I've never tried N.O. Shotgun. I also take CLA and L-Carnitine, as my main goal is fat loss, but I honestly don't know if they're helping any.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:26 AM   #19

Law Enforcement:
NO Shotgun is about the best pre workout supplement that I have tried...it combines NO with VPX Redline fat burn technology. It creates a good pump and drive for me to work out. I take NO Synthesize post work out as well. I have used Power Shock and I did like it but its not near what the combination of NO Shotgun and NO Synthesize is. I had a few rounds with NO Xplode and wasn't impressed. Wasn't impressed with Jack3d either...it takes 3 scoops of Jack3d to get where NO Shotgun gets me with one scoop. I always take the suggested one scoop of NO Shotgun and the effects never have felt decreased nor does my body get used to the product. If your doing crossfit or other cardio intense work outs I wouldn't recommend a pre work out supplement other then a fast acting whey protein.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:40 AM   #20
jab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud of
jab08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
Jack3d for pre
ON Whey
Animal Pak or Orange Triad for multi
xtend for intra <- works really well for recovery
What flavor do you like? When I was working out, I also used the xtend but I could not make my self drink that stuff. I got the watermelon thinking that it was gonna taste great from the reviews, but there is just something about that taste (and texture since it does not dissolve at all) that I just could not handle. I even tried mixing it with about every flavor of Gatorade and still got sick off it. But I used jack3d, ON After max, and when I could stomach it the xtend.