1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

medical/california cannabis

Discussion in 'Health' started by GotLift37, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Jan 5, 2011 at 11:39 AM
    GotLift37

GotLift37 [OP] Bangers Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    North East AL
    Vehicle:
    07 4Runner 4WD
    2.5" front lift (leeper coilover) 1" body 16" Dick Cepek DC1 Black/polished 295/75/16 General Grabber AT2 Tinted Taillights 5% tint OEM Acura TSX HID Retrofit White LED dash light conversion WMW roof rack
    who uses it? who needs it? is it legal in your state? Just trying to get some useful info on it. How does it work in cali now? just fill me with info if you have it. thank you.

2. Jan 1, 2012 at 3:24 PM
    ryguy

ryguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Riley
    Central California
    Vehicle:
    06 Silver Double Cab 4x4 TRD Sport
    There is a great documentary called the Union. Its on netflix and it explains the whole industry society and lifestyle behind Cannabis.

But just a little info to hold you over.
    I live on the central coast of california. anywhere in California you can be issued a "medical marijuana card" which in most cases isn't really a card, but more of just a piece of paper with you picture, name, etc. as well as both you and the "care giver" that you have chosen to go through. I believe the only other state that has joined cali is colorado. These care givers are very easy to find almost anywhere in california. Prices for a medical card range, around my area prices range anywhere from $70-$250. The price differences are accounted for by the amount of cannabis you are permitted to cary on you at any time, as well as the amount of plants you may grow. If you do not choose to grow your own plants, there are many "Clubs" that card holders can go to and purchase their buds.
    Now to get to your Who uses it, who needs it part of the question:
    This "medical" label that the government has put on marijuana in my opinion is not good. Yes there are many people in and out of california that absolutely need to consume cannabis either by smoking the buds or by consuming edibles. They also make lotions and such that can be applied to the skin for the same affect. There is a great example of this in the Union. So for these people the medical tag is good, however for everyone else who chooses to consume marijuana for their own personal reasons such as to relieve stress or unwind after a hard day or as a social get together with friends, are now forced to tell themselves and their caregiver/ the government that they have some medical condition just to be able to enjoy the consumption of cannabis.

I could go on for hours but im assuming you are just curious so i will stop there. but if you are more interested i would check out the union.

Products Discussed in

To Top