Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

I quit smoking....

Old 01-28-2011, 08:30 PM   #1
I came. I saw. I conquered.
steved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
steved411's Tacoma Gallery
I quit smoking....

My wife and I quit smoking on Monday... it been a hard / long week.. but now that the weekend is here, argh it's been even harder.

And I really want a beer, but if I drink I know I'm going to smoke... so I had to give up the drinking part too....

Argh... sorry, just ranting..

Maybe if I go to sleep I can focus better tomorrow... (chants to self... tomorrow is a new day...)
Old 01-28-2011, 08:32 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Great job guys! I hate smoke. Just chew on some gum and play some online games.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #3
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
Hang in there man. My mom smoked for 30 years, and has been smoke free for the last 4 years. She had help through a doctor though. You have to change the way you do EVERYTHING. From eating to drinking to socializing. Mix things up. Congratz on making the decision to quit.

e: we even had to re-arrange the house, so that nothing was the same as when she smoked.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:37 PM   #4
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Keep it up!
Old 01-28-2011, 09:06 PM   #7
Pay it Forward
Graham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant future

Graham's Tacoma Gallery
This thread depresses the f out of me ! I am so addicted to tobacco. I love the feel after a fine smoke. I just moved back inside minutes ago off the back porch where I just enjoyed the fuzzy haze of a late night tobacco fix. I need to quit, I know all of the medical reasons, I'm just to relaxed by the detachment that a smoke brings me. Some day
Old 01-28-2011, 09:08 PM   #8
Pay it Forward
Graham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant future

Graham's Tacoma Gallery
I never smoke in my taco, I love it too much I want to step into a fresh, clean cabin. My driving experence is focused on the road and not my needs. If I need a smoke, I pull off the road and smoke
Old 01-28-2011, 09:14 PM   #9
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
congrats man! keep it up, once you're over the hump, it's over. just gotta push to the very end!
Old 01-28-2011, 09:17 PM   #10
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopDoctor View Post
congrats man! keep it up, once you're over the hump, it's over. just gotta push to the very end!
That's true and another good tip todo is find a hobby to
Old 01-28-2011, 09:39 PM   #11
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
This thread depresses the f out of me ! I am so addicted to tobacco. I love the feel after a fine smoke. I just moved back inside minutes ago off the back porch where I just enjoyed the fuzzy haze of a late night tobacco fix. I need to quit, I know all of the medical reasons, I'm just to relaxed by the detachment that a smoke brings me. Some day
This didn't help the OP's situation AT ALL LOL. Hell, it made me want to light one up, and I've never smoked. . .
Old 01-28-2011, 09:45 PM   #12
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxRacer190 View Post
This didn't help the OP's situation AT ALL LOL. Hell, it made me want to light one up, and I've never smoked. . .
Old 01-29-2011, 04:26 AM   #13
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Keep it up. Ive been smoke free for 14 months.

Key is keep your mind busy with something else. Seeds, gum, candy and just keeping busy. Try not to think about it. I know its hard.

Just think of all the money you will save.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:47 AM   #14
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats!! My father smoked over 50 years.he is very Sick now in and out of the hospital because of the smoking.it's horrible to watch him suffer like this because of these stupid things. He had a bypass done.had to have multiply stints put in his legs.his main aorter( no clue how to spell that lol) is clogged solid from the smoking.almost had to cut off his legs(it's still possible).now depression has sunk in really bad now.from all of the surgeries he had some kidney damage.dialysis might be in the future 3 days a week. Just stay strong cuz its a shitty road when you get to the end. People never think it will happen to them.besides who wants to pay $8 a pack??? FUCK THAT!!!
Old 01-29-2011, 04:58 AM   #15
scott504 will become famous soon enough
scott504's Tacoma Gallery
Great job, keep it up. As the others have said, keep yourself busy so the habit doesn't kick in.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:23 AM   #16
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Stay with it!!! You guys CAN AND WILL stop somkeing!! Chew gum, pick up a hobby, go for walks, rent movies, stay busy so you don't think about it. Good luck.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:25 AM   #17
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Remember nothing worth having is easy.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:52 AM   #18
I came. I saw. I conquered.
steved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
steved411's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
I've never drooled over the thought of a cigarette before....
Old 01-29-2011, 05:57 AM   #19
Ride On
JM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
JM76's Tacoma Gallery
don't let those bastards (the cigarettes) win. Your will has to be stronger than that. Good luck, a couple more days and the nicotine will be out of your system. I quit seven years ago, and haven't looked back, I just look down at my BELLY But I won't have to worry about the smell, the cough, the thought of being oxygen dependent, the waste of money, etc. Stay strong brother!
Old 01-29-2011, 06:27 AM   #20
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
congrats guys,keep it up.