1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Official Gym & Fitness Thread

Discussion in 'Health' started by TyT, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Aug 22, 2013 at 4:19 PM
    dpK9

dpK9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport
    White
    lol yall crack me up. I overtrain and thats the reason i look the way i do and you guys the way you do. And do not fall for those tv scams or anything people sell....just eat clean food and work your ass off! there is no special workout to burn fat. its cardio and clean food...period.

2. Aug 22, 2013 at 4:24 PM
    dpK9

dpK9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport
    White
  3. Aug 22, 2013 at 4:34 PM
    zacharypaul89

zacharypaul89 Eat right, be fit, die anyway

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2019 Quicksand Trd Offroad
    You're going to find people who over train and get great results and you're going to find people who don't over train that get great results. It's all about how your body responds to it. I like to do burnouts to failure on the last workout for each muscle sometimes, so, in a sense, that's over training. My body doesn't respond well to 3 hour gym sessions, though, so I don't do them.

And I agree with you: eating clean and hard work gets you in shape.

4. Aug 22, 2013 at 4:41 PM
    dpK9

dpK9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport
    White
    exactly sir. just gotta find what works for you and stick to it. all about consistency

5. Aug 22, 2013 at 5:24 PM
    rmb_crew

rmb_crew My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Jacksonville, FL 30.243103, -81.591007‎
    Vehicle:
    2010 F150 XLT SuperCrew 4X4
    Access larado tonneau, magnaflow exhaust
    I overtrained my chest and tris when I did that century workout. I did it on monday and today I am still sore.

6. Aug 22, 2013 at 5:39 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    :rolleyes:

7. Aug 22, 2013 at 5:47 PM
    brettb

brettb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Laramie, Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    '99 Tacoma
    No problems with whey. When you guys talk about eating whites, do you just fry the egg till the yokes hard and just not eat it? Always have eaten the whole egg.
    Ill probably cut the cheese. And tortilla for now. Im assuming you get whole wheat bagels? :puke:

If you do it day after day after day with no breaks, is it really overtraining for you?..... I feel like if your body can handle it, its not over training. This is in your perspective only, not anyone else.

8. Aug 22, 2013 at 7:06 PM
    SpeedoJosh

SpeedoJosh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access cab, Base, 4x4
    Everyone's seen the CT Fletcher's rambles about over training. Everybody also knows that the guy takes steroids like skittles. Whatever, to each their own. But thinking or trying to suggest what he does and his results can be accomplished simply by eating healthy and training everyday is ridiculous.

They probably separate it before cooking. Either with an egg separator or just using the shell. You can also use a bottle and suck the yoke in pretty easily.

No whole wheat for me. No grain actually. Meat and veggies sums up my diet.

9. Aug 22, 2013 at 7:13 PM
    malander

malander Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    max
    Vehicle:
    01 limited trd 4x4
    deck plate mod,jba cat back,bilstein 5100's,ome 883 springs, Allpro expos, allpro U-bolt flip kit, 10" Bilstien 5150 shocks, custom lower shock mounts
    No no carbs and fats help keep your ATP up. Protein can through glycogenisis (sp?) but that is essentially the definition of catabolism.

10. Aug 22, 2013 at 7:18 PM
    SpeedoJosh

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    Why do you say 6-12 eggs is too much cholesterol? Where's your data? Not some half-assed study, but actual science on how it's all taken in proving that cholesterol from eggs is bad?

You do know that cholesterol is produced in your body?
    You do also know that testosterone is made from cholesterol?

Stop reading junk studies put on by pharmaceutical companies and General Mills, and start looking at research. The actual science behind it all. It's all out there, and it's all free. Anybody can turn the results of a 100 person test group to benefit their hypothesis.

11. Aug 22, 2013 at 7:22 PM
    TeamSarcasm

TeamSarcasm Flawless Escalation to the Ludicrous

Member:
    The better coast
    I fry them or separate them before cooking depends on how lazy I am. Separating them after cooking is a bit easier, but you can burn your self if you not patient...which I am not patient :eek:

Hard boiling works nicely to and lets you stock up pretty well so you can get home and make a sandwich or pop a few before hitting the shower.

easiest thing for me is to just buy egg whites even thought I like fresh eggs better.

12. Aug 22, 2013 at 7:23 PM
    SpeedoJosh

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    Are you talking about converting protein to glucose?

13. Aug 22, 2013 at 7:29 PM
    TeamSarcasm

TeamSarcasm Flawless Escalation to the Ludicrous

Member:
    The better coast

Actually I have taken many anatomy and physiology classes not to mention a "exercise physiology class" :)

cholesterol is made in your body but in very limited amounts. It is good to have some, but cholesterol is one of those things where there is a fine line between enough and to much. One yolk is more than enough

Testosterone is produced from cholesterol, but you might as well take dhea or better yet androstenediol or androstenedione, both which are banned in professional sports, I believe dhea is as well.... The amount of testosterone that actually gets converted to is pretty dismal. In other words you will clog your heart before you see any gains in performance ;)

Here is a picture

14. Aug 22, 2013 at 7:42 PM
    SpeedoJosh

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    The picture provides no numbers or science, just simply suggest processes with arrows.

A&P classes :cool:

Here's a good read. Then go on to google LDL, LDL-P, etc..... The stuff they briefly touch in the basic exercise science type program is just to cover ground rules and something to use for the masses. Move on from there and you will get into more depth instead of the CYA answers.

http://chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy

On a side note, if you want to discuss more, we should take to PM, as to not clog the workout thread. :threadjacked:

15. Aug 22, 2013 at 7:53 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    I like how fast this thread goes from

"haha you're all doing everything wrong because look at me"

to
    "what I really meant was different things work for different people"

:rofl:

16. Aug 22, 2013 at 11:32 PM
    KCDuran

KCDuran Stormtrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    Icon/TC Mid Travel Kit, Kenwood Deck, Helix Audio System, BHLM (With Tinted Reflectors), Tinted Taillights, Satoshi Grill (color matched to super white), Stormtrooper sticker, Air Force sticker HUA! Re colored gauges (White numbers and ODO with Blue Needles) Magnaflow Glasspack Muffler, Stainless steel exhaust tip, 8k HIDs, LED Satoshi, Eye Lids, ARB locker (4.10 Gears), 8k FOG HIDs, LED Head Lamp, Tonneau Cover
    Proteins are, essentially, amino acids. When you digest proteins they become amino acids which is then absorbed into the bloodstream. This process is also done by the digestion of carbohydrates and fats. All of which you find in the egg. The egg is slowly digested which keeps you fuller longer. Which allows your body to stay anabolic (which is the body's way of growing... Which if you want muscle mass this is what we strive for) rather than catabolic which is your body's way of breaking down of muscle mass and decrease of health.

Glycogenesis is the process of glycogen storage a way to achieve this is through the use of a high carb meal. It replenishes ATP and helps convert the proteins as well.

17. Aug 23, 2013 at 6:08 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Moderator Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Elon
    Actually, cardio is not always the answer and I know many other competitors who have done ZERO cardio for BB and came in very dry, and conditioned. Some need it (like me) and some can go without it.

Also- 'clean food' is a widely used term that is defined differently from many.

There is ZERO benefits for a natural athlete to overtrain...doing so WILL lower (or crash) your natural testosterone levels, and only inhibit any 'gains' you think you are making....especially if you're under eating.

Edit: I unsubd from this thread months ago b/c of all this bro-sci talk..and came here to point our a few things. Best of luck to you...let me know how HRT treats ya. It's not fun.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  18. Aug 23, 2013 at 7:04 AM
    zacharypaul89

zacharypaul89 Eat right, be fit, die anyway

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2019 Quicksand Trd Offroad
    I just don't like the taste of the yolk, so I don't eat them unless they're mixed in with the white. I like boiled, scrambled, and fried.

And yeah, whole wheat bagels FTW. They're not that bad if you can mask them with peanut butter or cream cheese or something...or throw your egg and some hot sauce on there.

19. Aug 23, 2013 at 7:48 AM
    chadderkdawg

chadderkdawg Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..

Member:
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    09 FX4 F150
    In the process of eradicating one bro we seemed to have gained another... We miss your expertise in here Sean. I'll admit, I didn't even read this thread for a few months for the same reasons though.

20. Aug 23, 2013 at 7:51 AM
    PLC721

PLC721 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Chandler, Az
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmax ProKiller
    Kings, Toyos, Baja Designs, TC, SDHQ
    Sean's back!!! <3

Products Discussed in