LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Gym/workouts

Old 08-19-2013, 09:28 PM   #9661
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
What if I told you...

those meme's are wrong lol!
IMO. Overtraining is when someone starts working out for the first time and tries to push big weights and big sets. But if your body is use to going to the gym everyday then theres no way you can overtrain unless you push yourself to the point of injury
Old 08-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #9662
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpK9 View Post
hell ya i overtrain and lovin it too. good thing the wife is the exact same way or else we would never see eachother. and ya sorry i forgot about before work i eat 2 cups of oatmeal with 3 tablespoons of peanut butter in it. i definitaly get my carbs in by the end of the day.
yes! now im not alone!
Old 08-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #9663
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMoose View Post
IMO. Overtraining is when someone starts working out for the first time and tries to push big weights and big sets. But if your body is use to going to the gym everyday then theres no way you can overtrain unless you push yourself to the point of injury
there is overtraining in the sense of central nerve system, like if you go 90% max all day everyday for a month you are over training your CNS. overtraining muscle is pretty much impossible.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:51 AM   #9664
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum View Post
what weights?
I was doing 40lbs for bench press machine and 30lbs for cable crossovers than in the middle of all that was 3x35 smith machine and incline and that was 105lbs and 3x failure dips

The whole workout was to train both fast and slow twitch muscle fibers as well and endurance so the smith machine had some negatives and fast and slow reps.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:14 AM   #9665
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
overtraining muscle is pretty much impossible.
Then why not train every muscle every day?
Better yet, just do 1000 burpee pull-ups every day for a month, then see if you find this "impossible" task.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:18 AM   #9666
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
there is overtraining in the sense of central nerve system, like if you go 90% max all day everyday for a month you are over training your CNS. overtraining muscle is pretty much impossible.
This makes absolutely no sense.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:29 AM   #9667
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
Most of the things he says make no sense.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:56 AM   #9668
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post

+1
Old 08-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #9669
Eat right, be fit, die anyway
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
zacharypaul89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
If you only weigh 135 lb's at that height you need to only do compounds and eat, then eat some more, then continue eating.
^^^this. Food = GAINZZZ
Old 08-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #9670
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

From my personal experience, you can overtrain. Going to the gym 4 days a week for 45 mins is gonna show better results than going 7 days a week for 2 hrs. Working out for too long is going to put you in a caloric deficit, which equals no gains. That's why those bitches you see on the treadmill for 2 hrs look like they're from Kenya
Old 08-20-2013, 09:20 AM   #9671
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacharypaul89 View Post
^^^this. Food = GAINZZZ
I just get so damn full!!

I've started adding 2 cups of whole milk with 2 scoops of protein to my diet each day. Close to 600 cals, we'll see if that helps.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:26 AM   #9672
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I've started adding 2 cups of whole milk with 2 scoops of protein to my diet each day. Close to 600 cals, we'll see if that helps.
Have you tried coconut milk from the can? Easy way to add calories there.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #9673

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post
Have you tried coconut milk from the can? Easy way to add calories there.
I've tried it in the sense that I have tasted it... I would rather lick my own armpit that drink coconut milk....
Old 08-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #9674

Quote:

I'm a hard gainer, too man. When I started out, I weighed 145 and I'm 195 now @10 % bf. Get off just whey protein and get a mass gainer. I use Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass, but there is other good stuff too (BSN True Mass). I do 2 shakes a day. Those 2 shakes alone give you 75g of protein and 1640 calories. If you're a hard gainer, you gotta try it. It packs on the weight like crazy, as I need about 4000 calories per day to gain anything.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:31 AM   #9675

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacharypaul89 View Post
I'm a hard gainer, too man. When I started out, I weighed 145 and I'm 195 now @10 % bf. Get off just whey protein and get a mass gainer. I use Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass, but there is other good stuff too (BSN True Mass). I do 2 shakes a day. Those 2 shakes alone give you 75g of protein and 1640 calories. If you're a hard gainer, you gotta try it. It packs on the weight like crazy, as I need about 4000 calories per day to gain anything.
Damn dude those are some sweet gains, good work.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #9676

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post
Then why not train every muscle every day?
Better yet, just do 1000 burpee pull-ups every day for a month, then see if you find this "impossible" task.
10 scoops of citrulline malate with creatine and glutamine, plus an 10000 calorie diet. that person will make crazy gains.
Quote:
^talking about gainz all day, make no gains
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post

+1
do yall even?
Old 08-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #9677

Quote:
Damn dude those are some sweet gains, good work.
Haha thanks. That's over a 3 year period though. A lot of people wanna gain 20 lbs of muscle a year, but that is impossible...unless you go the A-Rod route
Old 08-20-2013, 10:01 AM   #9678
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
do yall even?
Do I even what? Pretend I'm Arnold, post useless shit, and troll what used to be a good thread? No. Do I lurk and try to get ideas to mix things up on my workout to achieve the goals I want? Yes.

And because fuck you

I'm 5'10"....2.5 months after ripping every ligament and tendon in my AC joint, dislocating my clavicle, reconstructive surgery, 10mm cut off my clavicle, and some dead guy's tendon screwed in to put my shit back together....I was down to 142 lbs:

As of Sunday...I'm 158 lbs and I had my MCL arthroscopicly repaired 6 weeks ago too which put me out of the gym for 3 weeks.

Meanwhile...this is you after coming back from China:

Old 08-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #9679

haha you mad
Old 08-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #9680
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Do I even what? Pretend I'm Arnold, post useless shit, and troll what used to be a good thread? No. Do I lurk and try to get ideas to mix things up on my workout to achieve the goals I want? Yes.

And because fuck you

I'm 5'10"....2.5 months after ripping every ligament and tendon in my AC joint, dislocating my clavicle, reconstructive surgery, 10mm cut off my clavicle, and some dead guy's tendon screwed in to put my shit back together....I was down to 142 lbs:

As of Sunday...I'm 158 lbs and I had my MCL arthroscopicly repaired 6 weeks ago too which put me out of the gym for 3 weeks.

Meanwhile...this is you after coming back from China:

Products Discussed in this Thread