Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

The Official Gym / Fitness Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2014, 08:42 PM   #21681
Internet Winner
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
need to make some cardio gainz.
more giggity.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:42 PM   #21682
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacharypaul89 View Post
It's like doing reverse grip on anything: curls, triceps pull downs, bench press: it just hits different parts of the muscle and uses slightly different muscles

Targets lower lats
Old 06-11-2014, 08:43 PM   #21683
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
I have a hard time targeting my lats too

Use a D-handle on a seated row (one arm at a time) and pull past ur body
Old 06-11-2014, 08:43 PM   #21684
Eat right, be fit, die anyway
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
zacharypaul89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean266 View Post
Targets lower lats

^thaar ya go
Old 06-11-2014, 08:44 PM   #21685
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Use a D-handle on a seated row (one arm at a time) and pull past ur body

Did these yesterday for the first time. Worked great. Also did one arm lat pull downs and they were good, too
Old 06-11-2014, 09:07 PM   #21686
Internet Winner
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's like doing reverse grip on anything: curls, triceps pull downs, bench press: it just hits different parts of the muscle and uses slightly different muscles
Quote:
idk everytime i use reverse grip i feel it in my back a whole lot more, with normal grip i feel like my forearm is working too much and it's hard for me to drive with the elbows.
Quote:
Targets lower lats
got it, still the wide grip or skinny grip?

Quote:
I have a hard time targeting my lats too
At least you have lats
Old 06-11-2014, 09:14 PM   #21687
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post

At least you have lats
I feel like narrow reverse grip hits my lats more. It might be one of those exercises that works better for some than others...but that's one that burns my (lack of) lats more than anything else.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:07 PM   #21688
MPG? LOL

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Did these yesterday for the first time. Worked great. Also did one arm lat pull downs and they were good, too

Start at the top with palm down and finish the movement with palms up, and squeeze the lats....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post

Close grip
Old 06-11-2014, 11:48 PM   #21689
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
closer the grip more lats you hit, the wider the grip more rear delts you hit. that's why exercise like this build lats the best.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:05 AM   #21690

Quote:
closer the grip more lats you hit, the wider the grip more rear delts you hit. that's why exercise like this build lats the best.

My niqqa Arnold
Old 06-12-2014, 10:06 AM   #21691
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My niqqa Arnold
Old 06-12-2014, 02:06 PM   #21692
BabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Infantry
BabyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Talked to a legit trainer today. 2 degrees, 10 years of training and didn't give 2 shits if he got clients. He just loves lifting weights, talking weight lifting and having arms bigger than my head . He helped me out on bench by taking a pencil and putting it in the middle of my chest. We loaded 225 and he spotted to make sure I was going slow. If I went to fast he pushed down a bit, to slow and he helped some. All he said was to close my eyes and focus on pinching the pencil. Don't think about anything but pinching that damn pencil. Tore my chest up!

I did that pencil trick the first year I really started getting into lifting and since have forgotten about it.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:22 PM   #21693

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTaco View Post
Talked to a legit trainer today. 2 degrees, 10 years of training and didn't give 2 shits if he got clients. He just loves lifting weights, talking weight lifting and having arms bigger than my head . He helped me out on bench by taking a pencil and putting it in the middle of my chest. We loaded 225 and he spotted to make sure I was going slow. If I went to fast he pushed down a bit, to slow and he helped some. All he said was to close my eyes and focus on pinching the pencil. Don't think about anything but pinching that damn pencil. Tore my chest up!

I did that pencil trick the first year I really started getting into lifting and since have forgotten about it.
I gotta try that!

Just finished day 4 of my new workout: Legs

leg press: 10 sets of 3 @ 515 lbs
front squats: 6 sets of 5 @ 135 lbs (I fucking hate front squats b/c they're so damned awkward and I suck at them)
glute bridge with 1 sec pause: 5 sets of 6 @ 185 (by far the most awkward workout I've ever done. Look it up)
laying down leg curls: 2 sets of 15 @ 35 lbs on the 1st set and 25 lbs on the 2nd set
one-legged leg extensions: 1 set of 30 (ascending reps: 2, 2, 4, 4, 6, 6, 8, 8, 10, 10)

was supposed to to tabata, but my legs were too sore.

was supposed to do 25 mins LISS, but I'm lazy
Old 06-12-2014, 03:03 PM   #21694
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
glute bridge is akward but its still a good movement to do.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:27 PM   #21695
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
"Take THAT air!
and THAT!
and THAT!
and THAT!"
Old 06-12-2014, 03:58 PM   #21696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post

Oh, I definitely felt it

Quote:
"Take THAT air!
and THAT!
and THAT!
and THAT!"

I felt like I needed to buy the air dinner afterwards
Old 06-12-2014, 04:12 PM   #21698
Jhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Jhodgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i need new workout bros

the guys I lift with suck
Check out bodybuilding.com it's got more then you'll ever need. And you can use the app to track your workout
Old 06-12-2014, 04:44 PM   #21700
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhodgman View Post
Check out bodybuilding.com it's got more then you'll ever need. And you can use the app to track your workout
lol i mean my friends suck

refuse to change their fucking routines then complain about no gains
refuse to accept any criticism

wont even take a fucking form check vid for me "Ill just tell you what you're doing wrong....Oh sorry, wasnt paying attention"

"I dont do front squats because i need to work on my glutes, not my quads. We don't even squat three plates yet, we don't need to do front squats"

Products Discussed in this Thread