Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

The Official Gym / Fitness Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-20-2014, 08:20 PM   #21801
www.ecgfabrication.com
StealthTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedStealthTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedStealthTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedStealthTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedStealthTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedStealthTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedStealthTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedStealthTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedStealthTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedStealthTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedStealthTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alec
StealthTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalden2 View Post
I got that as a trial, too. Keep forgetting to try it.

Favorite preworkout I've had so far, and I've tried a lot haha
Old 06-20-2014, 09:00 PM   #21802
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthTaco View Post
Favorite preworkout I've had so far, and I've tried a lot haha
I'll try to remember it tomorrow.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:05 AM   #21803
taco is in repair :(
Poe101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoe101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoe101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoe101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoe101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoe101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoe101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoe101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoe101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoe101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoe101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jordan
Poe101's Tacoma Gallery
If you haven't heard of it, check out Blackmarket Labs AdreNOlyn cuts/bulk.
Those guys make excellent pwo's and are very dedicated to their product.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:54 AM   #21804
a.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
a.smo's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys! Just saw this thread and figured I might as well get in it as I am a lifter myself. Just going to throw some info out there about me. I am 22 years old. I have been lifting on and off, mostly on though, for 8 years. I'm sitting at 203 as of this morning at about 5'7 or so.
Pr's are as follows:
Bench-365
Squat- 500 with knee wraps, 465 w/o
Power clean- 315
Deadlift- 465

My bench and squat have been in the past year, PC and deads were set when I was 18. I haven't had the opportunity go PC that heavy, though I have done 275 for easy reps about 1.5 years ago. Deads I did 405 for a few just a few months ago too.

About assult, I have personally loved it. I've tried a bunch a pwo's and that was one I always found that gave me a great pump.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:33 AM   #21805
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.smo View Post
Hey guys! Just saw this thread and figured I might as well get in it as I am a lifter myself. Just going to throw some info out there about me. I am 22 years old. I have been lifting on and off, mostly on though, for 8 years. I'm sitting at 203 as of this morning at about 5'7 or so.
Pr's are as follows:
Bench-365
Squat- 500 with knee wraps, 465 w/o
Power clean- 315
Deadlift- 465

My bench and squat have been in the past year, PC and deads were set when I was 18. I haven't had the opportunity go PC that heavy, though I have done 275 for easy reps about 1.5 years ago. Deads I did 405 for a few just a few months ago too.

About assult, I have personally loved it. I've tried a bunch a pwo's and that was one I always found that gave me a great pump.
good numbers

Just curious why your deads are low (for someone with a 365 bench and 500 squat)?
Old 06-21-2014, 01:51 AM   #21806
a.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the sheda.smo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

a.smo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
good numbers

Just curious why your deads are low (for someone with a 365 bench and 500 squat)?

In high school, I was taught by a power lifter who didn't really like deads. He was my mentor for years and I listened to him greatly. I still talk to him whenever I need advice about power lifting. He was the reason my PC was so high. I had nearly perfect form. My clean and jerk was 285 and snatch was 245. I used to do all sorts of crazy exercises to increase those numbers. But because he was never into deads I never got into them. Once I get a new job(hopefully soon), I'm going to get back into them and I want to raise it a good bit.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:58 AM   #21807

a.smo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamerMan View Post
Oh damn. I don't go to that one but I have a buddy that lives like 2 minutes away from that one
Which LA do you attend? I go to a few, 67th and peoria, 91st and northern, 83rd and union, 55th and bell.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:52 AM   #21808
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
How to kip a push-up: http://youtu.be/D0n2_y3omwo
Old 06-21-2014, 11:54 AM   #21809

a.smo's Tacoma Gallery
Idk about you guys, but kipping I think is a joke.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:02 PM   #21810
Jordemo805@yahoo.com
JordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JordanSmith127's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Idk about you guys, but kipping I think is a joke.
Why is that? Everything has its purpose if done right. I wouldnt perscribe kipping to a body builder. But for someone wanting to add intensity i think there awsome (if done right) everyone hates on kipping stuff. A kipping pullup is an exercise and its completly diffrent than a pullup just like theres a diffrence beetween a pullup and a chin up. People need to stop saying shit like "fake pullups" or "cheating pullups" there a completely diffrent exercise compared to a pullup. End of rant.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:07 PM   #21811
Eat right, be fit, die anyway
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
zacharypaul89's Tacoma Gallery
What's up, ladies?
Old 06-21-2014, 02:30 PM   #21812
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
making chicken....

decided to keep on a light macro cut, and to try keep cardio high while trying for gainz

gonna be a rough couple months

need a new pre though, the assault amazon sent me is complete shit
Old 06-21-2014, 02:31 PM   #21813
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
i haven't ran in years, i don't think my body knows how to run anymore. i skip sometimes when im drunk.

After reading back on everything I missed while at the beach, THIS was the best thing of all!

There wasn't a gym where we went, but I rented a bike and rode a few miles a day. I've got some ass-busting to start on Monday.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:34 PM   #21814

a.smo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanSmith127 View Post
Why is that? Everything has its purpose if done right. I wouldnt perscribe kipping to a body builder. But for someone wanting to add intensity i think there awsome (if done right) everyone hates on kipping stuff. A kipping pullup is an exercise and its completly diffrent than a pullup just like theres a diffrence beetween a pullup and a chin up. People need to stop saying shit like "fake pullups" or "cheating pullups" there a completely diffrent exercise compared to a pullup. End of rant.
Keywords bolded. Most "crossfit" is a bunch of crap IMO. Now for the true people who do it, I'm jealous. I can't put my body through that because I don't know how to do it right. I won't take classes that teach me how to because most crossfit people have no idea what they are doing. I personally never do kipping. It looks painful to me. I do believe there is use for crossfit and some of the techniques if you're into that. There's just a lot of idiots out there teaching people wrong. I saw a video of a crossfit gym teaching people to deadlift a power clean. You held it reverse grip, and power cleaned it up to your stomach or as high as you could, then change your grip to overhand and pulled it up. Makes absolutely no sense on why to do that.

Once again, for the serious people (such as the competitors) crossfit is great. Its a great workout and awesome for burning fat. But most gyms/people don't understand it.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:37 PM   #21815

a.smo's Tacoma Gallery
http://youtu.be/M8up6A4QesU
Old 06-21-2014, 03:13 PM   #21817

a.smo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
lol that video... every time
Right??
Old 06-21-2014, 03:22 PM   #21818

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qnjYyfkcaNI
Old 06-21-2014, 03:25 PM   #21819
Jordemo805@yahoo.com
JordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JordanSmith127's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Keywords bolded. Most "crossfit" is a bunch of crap IMO. Now for the true people who do it, I'm jealous. I can't put my body through that because I don't know how to do it right. I won't take classes that teach me how to because most crossfit people have no idea what they are doing. I personally never do kipping. It looks painful to me. I do believe there is use for crossfit and some of the techniques if you're into that. There's just a lot of idiots out there teaching people wrong. I saw a video of a crossfit gym teaching people to deadlift a power clean. You held it reverse grip, and power cleaned it up to your stomach or as high as you could, then change your grip to overhand and pulled it up. Makes absolutely no sense on why to do that.

Once again, for the serious people (such as the competitors) crossfit is great. Its a great workout and awesome for burning fat. But most gyms/people don't understand it.
I agree with most of that. Its too easy to get ur level 1 which allows you to coach a crossfit class. When i got mine it was kinda a joke to obtaine, $1000 dollars and a weekend seminar gets you one. Granted the test ur required to pass i thought was harder than any nasm, acsm or issa CPT exam iv done but they teach u everything u need to know for the test in the days prior. There followup course which is another 1000 bucks ofcourse is 10x better it actualy is the coaches prep course class and i dont think people shuld be allowed to train others untill they do that course. I think crossfit trainers shuld also have to have a CPT cert but thatll never happen. I do crossfit compotitions, coach, and i love it but i hate Crossfit HQ and reebok and how all they wana do is turn crossfit into a brand to make as much money as possible, i have freinds that competed at regionals this year and they didnt get payed, insted they pay to compete. Crossfit is a great program when done correctly with good coaches and when people dont post about it everyday on there facebook page, but with bad coaches and the cult following its easy for people to hate it. And i usualy dont blame them

Products Discussed in this Thread