1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Official Gym & Fitness Thread

Discussion in 'Health' started by TyT, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Aug 3, 2014 at 4:36 PM
    Supra TT

Supra TT Supercharged Lifter

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2000 SAS D60 F/R Supercharged
    Supercharged on One Tons
    All this for $75 :D

Supplements_zpsbb078439_4f1de6dbe86f63137dd3a2eec1eb42b167ce8241.jpg

Well... And a free T-shirt... I guess I cut that part off with my SS...

2. Aug 3, 2014 at 4:38 PM
    t4r4life

t4r4life poptard and protein farts

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    East Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    1998 Toyota 4runner
    panty dropping mod
    that's good focus right there, i usually need some good music to get emotionally ready to lift some heavy ass weights. also my gym plays popcrap.

3. Aug 3, 2014 at 4:50 PM
    Jhodgman

Jhodgman ...

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    13 4x4 DCLB tacoma V6 TRD Sport
    5100 Bilstiens set at 1.75, progressive leaf pack, BFGs, All-Pro rear Bumper(white), Storm troopered out
    Mine to, it sucks. I'm pretty sure it's mostly due to the blood leaving my head and going into the muscles.

4. Aug 3, 2014 at 5:09 PM
    Supra TT

Supra TT Supercharged Lifter

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2000 SAS D60 F/R Supercharged
    Supercharged on One Tons
    Ridiculously important. I wouldn't even lift without it anymore. Only days I don't do music is when I'm with my trainer.

5. Aug 3, 2014 at 5:11 PM
    t4r4life

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    East Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    1998 Toyota 4runner
    panty dropping mod
    Yes! it's so important to me that if i drive 20 mins to the gym, enter the parking lot and see i have no music with me, i'll drive back to get it.

6. Aug 3, 2014 at 5:13 PM
    ink junky

ink junky I love tacos too!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)
    Super long post :eek::p but...

Something interesting happened in the gym today. :)

About a month ago I started deadlifting for the first time ever and after some awesome feedback from you guys I corrected my form (no video yet) but I still felt very weak in both my deadlifts (I know I just started deadlifting) and my squats.

A bit past mid July I kind of stopped squatting and deadlifting because I always felt like crap when doing those lifts. I never went past 135lbs on my deadlifts because I felt so weak on them, I could barely even get 8-10 reps . :eek:

I think the fact that I haven't had any progress on my squats for the past few months didn't help with my motivation either. haha

So just around that time when I stopped both of those exercises I started doing the single arm farmers carry exercise. I should have started light but I felt confident with the 45 lb plate. Walked the length of the gym 3 times back and forth. Well the next day I couldn't even turn my head to the left side or tilt it either. I'm guessing that new exercise really did a number on me. :laugh:

I let it recuperate for 4 days. Did it again the next time, again with the 45 lb plate, this time 4 times back and forth the length of the gym. No problems at all the next day.

I've been doing that for a few weeks now and I decided to deadlift and squat today for the first time in a few weeks. Holy craps on the deadlift!!!

I started with 135 and did 10 reps with no real effort, I felt like I could have done 20 without much struggle but I didn't. :cookiemonster:
    Kept adding 20lbs for 4 different sets and managed to do 215 lbs with awesome form.

135x10 (didn't count this as a set)
    155x10
    175x8
    195x6
    215x4 (didn't struggle near as much as I though I would)

I asked the guy next to me and he was doing like 400+lbs on his dead lifts with good form, like in the video Cody posted a while back.

That may not be much weight for most of you guys on here, I know that. :laugh:

But after more or less 2 weeks of no leg exercises and coming back and managing to do that! I really impressed myself. Y'all should have seen my dumbass grin leaving the gym! :rofl:

I guess the single arm farmer's carry was really beneficial to my core strength and stability.

What do you guys think?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  7. Aug 3, 2014 at 5:24 PM
    t4r4life

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    East Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    1998 Toyota 4runner
    panty dropping mod
    Good job man, deadlift is a very CNS intense lift, but if you keep doing them and keep ading weight and volume slowly you'll be doing 300+ lbs for reps in no time.

8. Aug 3, 2014 at 5:38 PM
    JordanSmith127

JordanSmith127 Jordemo805@yahoo.com

Member:
    First Name:
    JORDAN
    SAN LUIS OBISPO & MARIN
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB 4X4 TRD SPORT
    ICON / LSK
    probably the most important thing to complement lifting for me, id take my headphones over my water bottle personally if i had to forget one haha

9. Aug 3, 2014 at 5:43 PM
    ink junky

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)

:woot: thanks man!

300lbs doesn't sound so impossible now. haha

10. Aug 3, 2014 at 6:36 PM
    GEORGE STRAIT

GEORGE STRAIT (Not the real George Strait)

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Da Magic City, AL
    Vehicle:
    Smart Fortwo '10 Hybrid
    300 lb bench press today. Been dirty bulking for a couple months and it's finally paid off!!!

11. Aug 3, 2014 at 7:00 PM
    ink junky

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:

Wow that's awesome man!

I haven't touched a bench in years. All I do is pushups/pushups with a weight vest and cable flies.

12. Aug 3, 2014 at 7:33 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    hmmmm

how'd you like em? looks generally the same

I was gonna get adipowers, but since these are local I can size them perfectly, and they're a little cheaper....

but I'd be wearing crossfit branded stuff omgz

13. Aug 3, 2014 at 7:39 PM
    Konaborne

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    apparently the heel isn't rigid

fuck

14. Aug 3, 2014 at 8:24 PM
    t4r4life

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    East Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    1998 Toyota 4runner
    panty dropping mod
    I like them, but they are for a certain people, if you have a narrowish feet you'll like these, i got a size 12 foot wide as a lunch box. so these are a little bit tight for me. looks nice and feel pretty good.

15. Aug 3, 2014 at 8:25 PM
    t4r4life

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    East Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    1998 Toyota 4runner
    panty dropping mod
    the heel is not a problem, unless you are squatting 500+ they aren't gonna compress. i felt them compressing a little bit when i did my core bracing exercise with 605

16. Aug 3, 2014 at 8:57 PM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    What aminos do you guys use? Last one I got was MP 3:1:2. Wasn't bad. Watermelon tasted great. But...I'm almost out and I'm tryin to figure out what to get next.

17. Aug 3, 2014 at 9:21 PM
    JordanSmith127

Member:
    First Name:
    JORDAN
    SAN LUIS OBISPO & MARIN
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB 4X4 TRD SPORT
    ICON / LSK
    none :p

haha personally i think just by eating a good diet you shouldn't need any supplements, thats why there called supplements there supposed to fill gaps in your diet but they'll never make up what food does, if somethings lacking just a bit then i understand it but why spend the cash if you can just add a small thing to your diet? to me there like skin care products they sell so easy and make so much money because the hype and the price margins on what they sell for and how much it is to produce is like 1000% its all about money.

not gona hurt you to use it but id be willing to bet its not helping you that much or at all, try not being on it for a while and see if you notice a difference, like i said not gona hurt yah but could save yah some cash $$$

i used to spend hundreds at BB.com on glutamine, BCAA's, ZMA, gainer, pre workouts, amino acids, then i had blood work done and my shit was all over the place. cut it out and it went back to normal and i was still seeing the same progress

ill use sups i don't get in my diet like fish oil i think everyone should take and then ill take creatine and beta alanine just because you don't find it in food, and of course protein shakes i think everyone will agree on. i personally don't take a multi but i probably should, i take probiotics because i have stomach issues but thats just me

not agains supplements at all. just skeptical about a lot of them and believe in getting everything you can out of your diet

18. Aug 3, 2014 at 10:02 PM
    Konaborne

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    I mean, I was talking about the reeboks as far as the heel compressing

I had forgotten about the powerlifters

looks like the main difference between them and the adipowers is rigidness and elevation

19. Aug 3, 2014 at 10:10 PM
    t4r4life

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    East Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    1998 Toyota 4runner
    panty dropping mod
    adipower was too much heel lift for me, i think you'll like the powerlift 2.0 plus they look fly, swag>function

20. Aug 3, 2014 at 10:12 PM
    JordanSmith127

Member:
    First Name:
    JORDAN
    SAN LUIS OBISPO & MARIN
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB 4X4 TRD SPORT
    ICON / LSK
    try and find the lifters i have. there the original ones probably will be way cheaper too the heal is rigid as shit and there more low pro then the newer style lifter shoes

*edit heres what i got
    http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=16409996

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014

Products Discussed in

To Top