Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

The Official Gym / Fitness Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #2621
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guy's I just got back from a run, the first time really running in about a year, and ended up doing a 10:40 mile. I'm pretty happy with it and am going to try and keep it under or around that time for about a week or so then try to step it up to a quicker pace. I'm hoping and will be working towards a comfortable 7-8 minute mile by the end of February. My lungs are screaming for mercy but I reckon that's a good thing.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:10 PM   #2622
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
no video...
Works for me?
Old 01-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #2623
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 225nontypical View Post
one more thing, supplements what is the best? i know there are lots of opinions on this. but for what i am trying to do (lose fat, gain or maintain muscle), what is the best? i am out of my protein powder and i need to buy some new stuff. i am very ignorant on this subject and i was using amplified wheybolic from GNC but it is expensive stuff and i am sure there is some better bang for the buck out there.

right now i am just taking the above mentioned protein powder, a multivitamin and omega 3.

anything else you guys would suggest? i would like to keep it simple.

thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!
I use iso100 clean, fair priced and tastes great!
Multivitamin- reviva. Tastes like grit punch, sugar free, and has fiber. Get this or another clean liquid multi vit.
Omega 3-w/e from Wal-Mart honestly
BCAA-Powershock. White grape tastes great.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:14 PM   #2624
MPG? LOL

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosupreme54 View Post
Yeah, and see that's one thing I haven't done; adjusted my diet very much. I mean I did when I was bulking up, by eating a ton more meals, and healthy meals at that. But I've always had trouble giving up delicious food, so I guess that's why I've always had trouble getting abs, haha! I by no means eat McDonalds or anything of the sort, ever. If I do eat "junk" I try to make it the best junk I could eat, lol. But I'm not exactly a carb counter. My rest periods are at about 30-45 seconds, sometimes less, just depending on the lift. But I keep my workouts very fast paced and intense, I never leave not sweating. I already lift 5x a week, so I don't want doing the Intensity and working out make me wither away.
Diet/cardio man
Old 01-30-2012, 05:16 PM   #2625
MPG? LOL

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
Hey guy's I just got back from a run, the first time really running in about a year, and ended up doing a 10:40 mile. I'm pretty happy with it and am going to try and keep it under or around that time for about a week or so then try to step it up to a quicker pace. I'm hoping and will be working towards a comfortable 7-8 minute mile by the end of February. My lungs are screaming for mercy but I reckon that's a good thing.
Nice. Soon for cardiovascular levels will increase and you won't be sucking for air as much. Keep up the great work man. Give 110% and don't short change yourself, because at the end of the day you get out what you put in.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #2626
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
When do you get your lax pinny?
Old 01-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #2627
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Lol its a bro joke...just make sure you don't wear all of them at one time with all the collars popped!

Old 01-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #2628

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post

im no bro, but i lax for sure
anybody got a solution for protein farts? as of now i just crop dust but it would be nice to not get them at all
What kinda protein do you drink?
Old 01-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #2629

Law Enforcement:
In regard to the vid, some of these youtube vids are so comical, they could actually attempt to be comedians.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #2630

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
whey
No shit lol, brand name?
Old 01-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #2631

Law Enforcement:
Try Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex. Its got great taste, awesome protein content at 60g per 74g serving.

It doesn't affect me at all.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #2632
Blasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blasphemous's Tacoma Gallery
What would you guys suggest as 3 day a week workout for someone who is just getting into it? Right now I am doing a routine that works every muscle group every day of the 3 day workout, and I don't feel like I am seeing results (it has only been a week and a half).

I am struggling to up the weight at all. Am I being a little too impatient?

I should also add that I am working out from home with only dumbbells.

At the moment with my work schedule and available gyms in the area it is nearly impossible to get into a gym. That may change within the next 6 months, but I am not going to wait for that.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:26 AM   #2633

Law Enforcement:
What weight is your heaviest DB?

I'd go for a 3 day split if I were on a 3 day a week schedule. Something that works the chest and arms one day, legs the second day and back and shoulders the third day.

Any access to a pull up bar of any kind? Or perhaps and barbell?

Results also don't only come from exercise, they come from diet and exercise combined. How's the diet?
Old 01-31-2012, 09:21 AM   #2634
Blasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
What weight is your heaviest DB?

I'd go for a 3 day split if I were on a 3 day a week schedule. Something that works the chest and arms one day, legs the second day and back and shoulders the third day.

Any access to a pull up bar of any kind? Or perhaps and barbell?

Results also don't only come from exercise, they come from diet and exercise combined. How's the diet?
DBs go all the way up to 45.

I have access to a pull up bar and a barbell.

Diet = eat everything in sight. I am tall and very lean, and have always eaten like a horse. It doesn't help that my metabolism is quicker than a cheetah with a shuttle rocket attached to it.

Based on my tracking for the last month I ingest ~3400 calories a day.

I imagine with working out I will need to up that even more, but I will probably find that very difficult to do...
Old 01-31-2012, 12:03 PM   #2635

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
DBs go all the way up to 45.

I have access to a pull up bar and a barbell.

Diet = eat everything in sight. I am tall and very lean, and have always eaten like a horse. It doesn't help that my metabolism is quicker than a cheetah with a shuttle rocket attached to it.

Based on my tracking for the last month I ingest ~3400 calories a day.

I imagine with working out I will need to up that even more, but I will probably find that very difficult to do...
How old are you?

I'm 26, 6'1" and around 180-185. I have to eat over 5000 calories consisting of carbs and protein if I want to gain weight. I'm guessing you will have to do the same.

I like to eat everything in sight also, but its not gonna do any good for your body if its not good food. Enough on diet.

You won't build muscle if you don't have enough weight and if you aren't lifting right. Get bigger DB's!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 12:12 PM   #2636
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
How old are you?

I'm 26, 6'1" and around 180-185. I have to eat over 5000 calories consisting of carbs and protein if I want to gain weight. I'm guessing you will have to do the same.

I like to eat everything in sight also, but its not gonna do any good for your body if its not good food. Enough on diet.

You won't build muscle if you don't have enough weight and if you aren't lifting right. Get bigger DB's!!!
20, 6'3 165. I lost 30 lbs after I had my lung surgeries, and I am looking to put it back on. Eating hasn't been able to suffice so far, I haven't put one lb back on since I lost all the weight.

I can hardly lift the 45s at the moment! Lost a lot of strength with all that weight.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:27 PM   #2637
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

10:37 mile tonight. I also did some old baseball agilities started with 4 20 yard sprints and 2 20 yard lunges. I'm trying to convince my Mom to get me a membership to the local Anytime fitness it's a 24 hour 7 day a week gym but at a high price of 30 a month student discount included I know a girl who works there and am going to talk to her about maybe getting a little more of a discount, her family signed up with her employee discount which brings it to around 20 a month. IMO 30 a month doesn't seem to bad but I won't be the one paying it until I hopefully get the job at the local country club.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:37 PM   #2638
Will The Thrill

Quote:
thats a good workout there, must be great to get a mile improvement already!
i think im gonna lifeguard at ymca over the summer so i can use their weight room and treadmills. if you get a country club job maybe that will give you access to a gym?
Nah no gym but free golfing and pretty decent fishing for the area I'm in.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:45 PM   #2639
MPG? LOL

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
10:37 mile tonight. I also did some old baseball agilities started with 4 20 yard sprints and 2 20 yard lunges. I'm trying to convince my Mom to get me a membership to the local Anytime fitness it's a 24 hour 7 day a week gym but at a high price of 30 a month student discount included I know a girl who works there and am going to talk to her about maybe getting a little more of a discount, her family signed up with her employee discount which brings it to around 20 a month. IMO 30 a month doesn't seem to bad but I won't be the one paying it until I hopefully get the job at the local country club.
Is there a 24hr Fitness near you? I paid $315(?) for a Pre-paid 2 year membership from Costco. Came down to $13.88/month
Old 02-01-2012, 01:01 PM   #2640
Will The Thrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean266 View Post
Is there a 24hr Fitness near you? I paid $315(?) for a Pre-paid 2 year membership from Costco. Came down to $13.88/month
Yes, it's called Anytime Fitness but it is $30 a month for 1 year with my student discount.

Products Discussed in this Thread