Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

The Official Gym / Fitness Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2011, 10:00 PM   #41
tommelleo22 has a spectacular aura abouttommelleo22 has a spectacular aura abouttommelleo22 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Joe
tommelleo22's Tacoma Gallery
i've been training and doing competitions for about 4 years now and if you need any help bro just PM me
Old 01-31-2011, 10:02 PM   #42
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Ive been working up to bench 300. Just did 265 the other night.
...I weigh 155lbs, and run 6 and 8 mile xc races.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:04 PM   #43
x ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tony
x ynot's Tacoma Gallery
monday legs
tuesday chest
wednest back
thursday sholders
friday arms
sat and sun 4 wheeler rider or something thats my rest days
Old 01-31-2011, 10:04 PM   #44
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Been doing my 3 day a week workout routine for 3 weeks now...was shitty on all lifts. Now I'm up to 5x5 bench at 225, 5x5 squats at 275, and one rep max at 345. It's only gonna get better!!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:07 PM   #45
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
what's a gym?
Old 01-31-2011, 10:08 PM   #46
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
what's a gym?
Its this place where theres lots of guys, very few girls, people are yelling at metal and sweat abounds.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:10 PM   #47
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
I have been lifting for about 5 months now... Started at about 190 and now weigh a solid 210. I am 6'3" with a pretty skinny athletic build. I am trying to get about a cut 215 is my goal. I have been following the Men's Health hard body plan for the entire time and I am pleased, but I have plateaued really bad here these last few weeks
Old 01-31-2011, 10:10 PM   #48
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron1mcc View Post
Its this place where theres lots of guys, very few girls, people are yelling at metal and sweat abounds.
and locker rooms with old men
Old 01-31-2011, 10:13 PM   #49

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Thats the worst part dude lol. I see some really old dudes in there too! I swear some of them don't workout at all they just sit in the locker room or only shower and use the sauna! Funny old people..
Old 01-31-2011, 10:14 PM   #50
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
hmmm... sounds like the place i work at
Old 01-31-2011, 10:14 PM   #51
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Thats the worst part dude lol. I see some really old dudes in there too! I swear some of them don't workout at all they just sit in the locker room or only shower and use the sauna! Funny old people..
yeah!! and they just sit on the benches naked, it kills my work out pump when i have to walk by that just to pee!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:16 PM   #52

Law Enforcement:
Take MusclePharm assault and nothing will kill your pump haha.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:19 PM   #53

Quote:
i tried that stuff. good energy but it pissed me off how much it clumped up. didnt mix well even in my blender bottle
Old 01-31-2011, 10:22 PM   #54
Quote:
you clearly havent been to my gym then haha
Old 01-31-2011, 10:23 PM   #55
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Just started to workout again, this thread gave me some tips thanks to you pros.

I have always been stalky and carried my weight very well. I have mostly kept my shape from HS football. 5'7" 225 Fullback and ran 40's in between 4.8 and 5.3. Not the best but I got the job done

Now Im weighing in at 208 (less muscle mass) and doing BJJ for recreation and fitness (maybe comp soon).

I will utilize some of the regimen's you guys have left and see what happens. For now I want to lose some weight and tone up.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:26 PM   #56
Thank you to all our miltary personnel for serving
TyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
TyT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommelleo22 View Post
i've been training and doing competitions for about 4 years now and if you need any help bro just PM me
Thanks bro I probably will soon !

Ty
Old 01-31-2011, 10:29 PM   #57
TmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TmecTaco79's Tacoma Gallery
I would say the best thing you can do if you're trying to cut down on the lbs is control your portions, eat 3 meals a day with small snacks twice a day and at least 20 minimum of cardio 3 times a week. But as far as what to eat goes, you should cut carbs out at dinner because your body will not use them at night while you are asleep and will store the sugars as fat which is not good. It also might be a good idea to do a colon clense if your diet has been lacking proper nutrition. Lack of proper nutrition can create excess waste in your small intestine and actually affect the intake of proper nutrients. Be smart and use common sense when it comes to diet and workouts. You want to push your body during your workouts but NOT to the point of injury. You also want to be careful and make sure you are doing the exercises correctly to help avoid injury.

As far as supplements go that is kinda hard to give advice on because peoples bodies react differently to them. Some fat burner or pre-work supplements contain ingredients that are stimulants that can make you feel nauseous if taken in the wrong dosage or if your body just simply doesn't agree. I would stay away from creatine as there can be many negative side affects. All the facts of creatine are still not completely known yet as well. Better to stay away from it. As far as protien supplements go, you'll want to take something that doesn't contain many "fillers". I would recommend lean pro matrix because it yields 34 grams of complex protien, very low calories, very low fat, and low carbs. Protien is an important part of your diet tho even if you're not going for bulk because the more lean muscle you have the more effectively your body can use and burn calories and fat.

I know this is long but I hope the info helps. Good luck with your workouts and remember that results are not instant so stay motivated and stick with it
Old 01-31-2011, 10:41 PM   #58

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
i tried that stuff. good energy but it pissed me off how much it clumped up. didnt mix well even in my blender bottle
REALLY!?!?! That shit does not clump up at all for me. I pour a full scoop into 8-10 oz of water and shake it like a shake weight lol and drain the bottle. Haha first time I took it I was like hmm this is a waste of cash then it kicked in...I was fuckin going crazy in there. People were staring like I was a crazy person. It almost has the same effect every time I take it but I have learned to control my 'roid rage.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:44 PM   #59

Quote:
REALLY!?!?! That shit does not clump up at all for me. I pour a full scoop into 8-10 oz of water and shake it like a shake weight lol and drain the bottle. Haha first time I took it I was like hmm this is a waste of cash then it kicked in...I was fuckin going crazy in there. People were staring like I was a crazy person. It almost has the same effect every time I take it but I have learned to control my 'roid rage.
well damn, sounds like i got ripped off. i tried it right when it came out, so about a year ago. maybe they have imporved something...IDK

looks like i need to give it another go around. i try to not take alot of supps but lately i've been draggin ass and need that energy boost before i work out.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:49 PM   #60

Law Enforcement:
My pre workout sup consists of Muscle Pharm Assault and Battle Fuel. Or USP Labs Jack3d. I've also had great success with VPX No Shotgun. I think I'll go back to that too and stack it with the NO Synthesize. Those plus ON Pro Complex Gainer and ON Multimen and ON ZMA are all the sups I take. Everything else is FOOD!!!

Products Discussed in this Thread