Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

The Official Gym / Fitness Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #7781
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Good, i only strap when i'm in the 275-335 range of weight! Work those forearms
So far ive made it to 255 and I'm not going to lie its pretty hard to hold on to the bar by the 5th rep. Usually just 4 fingers holding the bar up
Old 03-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #7782
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
Is fasted cardio suppose to hurt so much??? Lol I've never been much of a runner.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #7783
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettb View Post
So far ive made it to 255 and I'm not going to lie its pretty hard to hold on to the bar by the 5th rep. Usually just 4 fingers holding the bar up
use alternating hook grip, one hand facing you one hand facing the wall. and use your thunb as a hook.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #7784
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hey sean how do you do your deload week, just did a chest workout today deload style, i felt like i was doing yoga and lifing heavy ass weights at the same time, long rest, heavy weight, low reps, low intensity.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #7785
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
use alternating hook grip, one hand facing you one hand facing the wall. and use your thunb as a hook.
This hand positioning is so awkward for me.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:54 PM   #7786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post
This hand positioning is so awkward for me.
then use chalk
Old 03-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #7787
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey sean how do you do your deload week, just did a chest workout today deload style, i felt like i was doing yoga and lifing heavy ass weights at the same time, long rest, heavy weight, low reps, low intensity.
Just a few sets for each body part..prob do them again around Apr/May...just keep the blood flowing.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:46 AM   #7788

EMS:
Old 03-23-2013, 05:40 PM   #7789

Fuck i swear i've been getting more bruisies in the gym than gains lol im one big clumsy motherfucker
Old 03-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #7790
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is fasted cardio suppose to hurt so much??? Lol I've never been much of a runner.
Are you talking about running on empty stomachs and shit? Best thing to do. Nothing left in your system but fat so you are gunna burn it.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #7791
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
^^^Post workout does the same.resuming you've depleted ur glycogen levels.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:26 PM   #7792

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Are you talking about running on empty stomachs and shit? Best thing to do. Nothing left in your system but fat so you are gunna burn it.
Yup, as soon as you wake up. Get up and go.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:29 PM   #7793

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean266 View Post
^^^Post workout does the same.resuming you've depleted ur glycogen levels.
Yeah, I noticed my fasted cardio hurts more when I wake up in the morning. And I can go longer post workout.... I think I may have some left over glycogen

Hey Sean,

I did an arm routine you posted a couple pages back. I didn't know what 1:1:1 meant.... Can you explain?
Old 03-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #7794
Joshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joshua
Joshua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Fasted cardio seems to be a big controversial subject.

I hate starting an argument, so please just take this as my input.

When I did my first cut, I did fasted cardio about 3 times a week while in a caloric deficit. All was good, I saw almost all my fat gone after about 4 months. Thus, I was a big believer in fasted cardio.
Then, I went on a bulk, gained some fat.

I got into some discussions with different bodybuilders, eventually the topic of cutting came up. I asked about their take on fasted cardio. They laid it out pretty simply to me:
If you were to take two generalized people, put one on a fasted cardio workout routine with caloric deficit, put the other on a workout routine ignoring when to do cardio (basically eat whenever, and do cardio whenever), they will end up losing close to the same amount of fat.

So I mentioned that doing anything in a fast would make your body tap into its fat reserves for energy.
They told me that the amount of fat used would not even matter, compared to the amount of fat you would burn off just being in a caloric deficit alone. It made sense. So I researched it. The science behind their claims seemed to back it all up.

So I decided to experiment. I needed to go on a cut anyway to get ready for summer. But the science behind fasting is beneficial, if used correctly. Eventually, it lead me to IFing.

Since November 28th, I have gone down from 215 to 190 as of today. Without cardio.

The bottom line being that I don't see fasted cardio as very necessary. Going for a run whenever you want is fine. One of the main benefits of cardio is that it spikes your metabolism, which over an extended period of time, will burn off more fat.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:32 PM   #7795
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thats what I do
Old 03-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #7796
MPG? LOL

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, I noticed my fasted cardio hurts more when I wake up in the morning. And I can go longer post workout.... I think I may have some left over glycogen

Hey Sean,

I did an arm routine you posted a couple pages back. I didn't know what 1:1:1 meant.... Can you explain?
Tempos/ Eccentric (negative): Contraction or stretch: Concentric (positive) (1:1:1 is just a straight set at a regular pace)
Old 03-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #7797

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean266 View Post
Tempos/ Eccentric (negative): Contraction or stretch: Concentric (positive) (1:1:1 is just a straight set at a regular pace)
Oh I see. Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #7798
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
So last summer I was weighing 155 lbs. and could barely squat 135 about 8 times

At this point I'm at 167 lbs and today I managed to squat 175 lbs for 10 reps did 5 sets. but on the 3rd set I only managed 8, rested a few seconds and pumped out the last two. Same for the last 2 sets.

took a long unforgiving Christmas break that kind of set me back. Started incorporating more leg work outs on leg day.

Most of the weight gain has been on my legs. My shorts and pants fit a little tighter in the thighs.

Even a relative who I only see once every few months told me my legs look thicker. That compliment made my day. hahahha

I've been increasing the weight very slowly on the squats, once a month I go up 10 lbs and use the entire month to get used to it, then I up it.

Hoping to be squatting 200 by mid summer. But I probably won't have access to a squat rack as I use the one in school and I'll be taking this summer off. : /

I'd be happy enough at 200 lbs. at 10 reps.

How's everyone progressing so far?
Old 03-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #7799
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery

Products Discussed in this Thread