Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

The Official Gym / Fitness Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #7921
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
All right time to report in, chest and shoulder day today, im finally feeling the effect of this cut, i can still put up the same weight i just lost some reps, no biggie i'll get it back when i bulk up. Also after my workout today in the locker room i wasn't paying attention, took off my shirt then all of a sudden, "oh shit is that abs?" im starting to see a faint outline of up upper 4 abs in just the right lighting when i suck it the fuck up lol , hell of a motavation for me.

Anyway here is the workout

Dips drop set of 5 10-6reps
incline press prymid sets 60-100lb DBs 6-10 reps
decline flys 50lb db 4x10
flat db flys 45lb db 3x10
DB shoulder press prymid sets 60-100lb DBs 6-10 reps
delt flys 25lb db 4x10 22.5lb db 1x20
weight plated bench machine, 140lbs 3x10 120lbs 3x10
clean and press 45lbs x20 135lbs 6 sets of 4
.........WTF haha I havent seen abs at all! When I suck in I can see 6 but shit I still have a stomach!

I did cleans today maybe I should add in presses. Cause I did OHP as well and I'm weak as shit in my shoulders

Also what do you guys think about rock climbing for cardio? I'd do it like 2-3 times max a week
Old 04-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #7922
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettb View Post
.........WTF haha I havent seen abs at all! When I suck in I can see 6 but shit I still have a stomach!

I did cleans today maybe I should add in presses. Cause I did OHP as well and I'm weak as shit in my shoulders

Also what do you guys think about rock climbing for cardio? I'd do it like 2-3 times max a week
oh i have a stomach, i said i can see a faint outline of my top 4 abs when i suck in, keep in mind i've never see anything close to this in my life.

rock climbing is not really cardio but as long as its burning calories you can do anything, running and biking is only needed if you need to burn some calorie off, if your macro is met and you've lifted weights there is no reason to do it. matter of fact cardio makes muscles flat, thats why for cardio i just crank up the intervol to max and walk on the treadmill.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:06 PM   #7923
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
oh i have a stomach, i said i can see a faint outline of my top 4 abs when i suck in, keep in mind i've never see anything close to this in my life.

rock climbing is not really cardio but as long as its burning calories you can do anything, running and biking is only needed if you need to burn some calorie off, if your macro is met and you've lifted weights there is no reason to do it. matter of fact cardio makes muscles flat, thats why for cardio i just crank up the intervol to max and walk on the treadmill.
Wait.... To lose fat in a good way shouldn't I keep calories the same as I am and the macros? In the video thats what he said. Get all the macros but add cardio to cut calories. And I definitely sweat when I climb. I do it more to gain forearm muscle and keep heart rate up.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:21 PM   #7924
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Wait.... To lose fat in a good way shouldn't I keep calories the same as I am and the macros? In the video thats what he said. Get all the macros but add cardio to cut calories. And I definitely sweat when I climb. I do it more to gain forearm muscle and keep heart rate up.
lets say you take in 800 cal of carbs 800 cal of protein and 540 cal of fats thats 2140 calories. thats 200g of carbs 200g of protein 60g of fats lets say your BMR burns 1140 calories, that leaves you 1000 calories for activities, say you burn 200 calories just doing your daily routines(walking between class shit like that) that leaves you 800 calories to burn in the gym, so if you burned 600 calories lifting weights, then you have no need to do cardio since you'll have 200 calories surplus to bulk. thus making you in a calorie surplus state while meeting your macros and not doing cardio. This is the last time im gonna say this lol feel like i've been repeating myself for ever
Old 04-06-2013, 10:57 PM   #7925
Thank you to all our miltary personnel for serving
TyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
TyT's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys hope everyone is still busting their ass at the gym!
Its been a LONNNNNNNGGGG time but Im back!

anyone trying any new supplements or workout routines that are just super kick ass?
Old 04-07-2013, 01:00 AM   #7926

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyT View Post
hey guys hope everyone is still busting their ass at the gym!
Its been a LONNNNNNNGGGG time but Im back!

anyone trying any new supplements or workout routines that are just super kick ass?
Welcome back brother!! new routine: lift till i can't lift no more new supps: Craze WATERMELLON!!!!! i know shit is fucking good, myo blitz by ronnie coleman shit gives me so much pump it hurts, MTS whey new red valvet cake flavor is the bomb
Old 04-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #7927
LVTheMadness11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTheMadness11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTheMadness11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTheMadness11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTheMadness11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTheMadness11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTheMadness11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTheMadness11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTheMadness11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTheMadness11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTheMadness11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Shari
LVTheMadness11's Tacoma Gallery
soooooooooo
I'm not sure if this is something that any of you would be interested in, but I figured I would pass along this opportunity to you. There is a new company about to launch with a new innovative supplement system. Looking at some of the things they have managed to do, I am interested. Several Important people in the fitness industry have chimed in with their support. Jennifer Nicole Lee even dropped her sponsorship with BSN to get on board with this. BodyFX is the name of this new company. This could be something as small or as big as you want, the options are kinda in your court! I suck at explaining things but I am going to give you a few links that will most likely answer any question that you do have! I have been participating in conference calls for a few weeks and I am getting excited. I fully plan on being a founding charter coach! And of course, if this is not something that you are interested in after looking at the details, listening to archived calls, and learning about these new products, no big deal...ignore this....I just want to spread the word. But if you are, there is a link where you can sign up too! (free until monday i think!)
www.bodyfxinfo.com
www.bodyfxuniversity.com
http://bodyfxprelaunch.com/ShariNadine

Thanks boys...
Old 04-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #7928
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's terrible lol sorry but thats not optimal at all, brett i would just do cardio at a seperate time, some people can't handle it after weights, i use to do my weights at the gym and do cardio before bed in my appartment's treadmill.
why is it not optimal? i dont want to run for very long because i'll get my heart rate too high and burn too many calories. i'm no scientist, so i could be wrong. i just run short and fast to get a little cardio in and rest my muscles in between my workout. i'll add that i'm currently gaining weight, not trying to lose
Old 04-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #7929
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys,

I'm starting to get back into the gym after being out for 6 months due to school. I usually go in the afternoon, but I also want to start going in the morning also hitting the gym twice a day then, 3x week doubling up on supersets (morning and evening weights), and the other 3x a week doing morning weights and afternoon cardio.

What do you recommend for a morning workout friendly breakfast? Should I also start taking a pre-workout so I can hit the gym with a higher intensity? I'm thinking Muscle Pharm assault.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #7930

brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Stoked to hit the gym again tomorrow. Hopefully the incline + DB bench press will increase my bench.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #7931
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Stoked to hit the gym again tomorrow. Hopefully the incline + DB bench press will increase my bench.
Floor presses will increase your bench.

Incline DB presses, dumbbells held with palms facing each other, dumbbells pressed against each other.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:25 AM   #7932
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Do any of you guys drink coffee? I had given up coffee for lent, and used to only drink a cup pretty much every morning. Had one this morning, dang! I had forgotten how good a cup of coffee can make you feel sometimes. Stupid caffeine!!!

What are y'alls opinions on one cup every morning and exercise? I usually exercise after 1 pm. Or any opinions over coffee for that matter.

When I went off it for lent, I was feeling all the withdrawal symptoms of caffeine for a few days. Then I just felt less energetic than usual for the rest of lent but I didn't notice it anymore towards the end, felt pretty good.

Then I went and had a cup this morning! Whoooo!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:48 AM   #7933
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVTheMadness11 View Post
soooooooooo
I'm not sure if this is something that any of you would be interested in, but I figured I would pass along this opportunity to you. There is a new company about to launch with a new innovative supplement system. Looking at some of the things they have managed to do, I am interested. Several Important people in the fitness industry have chimed in with their support. Jennifer Nicole Lee even dropped her sponsorship with BSN to get on board with this. BodyFX is the name of this new company. This could be something as small or as big as you want, the options are kinda in your court! I suck at explaining things but I am going to give you a few links that will most likely answer any question that you do have! I have been participating in conference calls for a few weeks and I am getting excited. I fully plan on being a founding charter coach! And of course, if this is not something that you are interested in after looking at the details, listening to archived calls, and learning about these new products, no big deal...ignore this....I just want to spread the word. But if you are, there is a link where you can sign up too! (free until monday i think!)
www.bodyfxinfo.com
www.bodyfxuniversity.com
http://bodyfxprelaunch.com/ShariNadine

Thanks boys...
I don't know.... The guys in the videos don't look very fit... Lol
Old 04-08-2013, 06:52 AM   #7934
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink junky View Post
Do any of you guys drink coffee? I had given up coffee for lent, and used to only drink a cup pretty much every morning. Had one this morning, dang! I had forgotten how good a cup of coffee can make you feel sometimes. Stupid caffeine!!!

What are y'alls opinions on one cup every morning and exercise? I usually exercise after 1 pm. Or any opinions over coffee for that matter.

When I went off it for lent, I was feeling all the withdrawal symptoms of caffeine for a few days. Then I just felt less energetic than usual for the rest of lent but I didn't notice it anymore towards the end, felt pretty good.

Then I went and had a cup this morning! Whoooo!
I fuckin love coffee! But ever since I've been taking thermogenic pills I had to cut down on drinking it. Also it's very acidic.

Too be honest I think it's a great natural preworkout (if you drink it black)
Old 04-08-2013, 07:00 AM   #7935
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post
I fuckin love coffee! But ever since I've been taking thermogenic pills I had to cut down on drinking it. Also it's very acidic.

Too be honest I think it's a great natural preworkout (if you drink it black)
Well I will never take anything pre workout for other reasons. Just me though. : D
Old 04-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #7936
96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

96Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2Queens6 View Post
Hey guys,
e gym with a higher intensity? I'm thinking Muscle Pharm assault.
That shit is like crack. Way too much intensity for me.

I had one of their sample packs which came with my last supp order. No denying that it works.. probably wouldn't want to get dependent on it for a good workout. Thats the problem with pre-workouts, its easy to mentally think you need it. Then if you don't take it you don't push as hard.

I find once you push thru the first 10 minutes and get a good sweat going you don't need a pre-workout. 10 minutes on the stair climber or stationary bike to get the heart rate up and a sweat on before lifting works good for me. Just gotta push thru that laziness feeling.

NO Xplode is kind of fun for the pumps. Again, don't want to get addicted to it to feel you NEED IT for your workout.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #7937
TyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TyT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Welcome back brother!! new routine: lift till i can't lift no more new supps: Craze WATERMELLON!!!!! i know shit is fucking good, myo blitz by ronnie coleman shit gives me so much pump it hurts, MTS whey new red valvet cake flavor is the bomb
Im working at gnc now for about the past 7 months and we just got that craze in ! I have been wanting to try it real bad! especially since Im stuck on C4 right now!
Does the craze have beat aline or niacin in it?
Old 04-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #7938
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Im working at gnc now for about the past 7 months and we just got that craze in ! I have been wanting to try it real bad! especially since Im stuck on C4 right now!
Does the craze have beat aline or niacin in it?
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/dr...rts/craze.html
Old 04-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #7939

TyT's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Matt!

Anyone got any good plans besides eating right working out and maybe taking a fat burner to get down to a certain body fat percentage? Im trying SO hard right now to get in the air force and I have to either lose 4-5% BF or almost 25lbs! anyone care to help? or just some awesome work outs besides HIIT I always hear about?

Thanks to anyone in advance
Old 04-08-2013, 11:43 AM   #7940
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks Matt!

Anyone got any good plans besides eating right working out and maybe taking a fat burner to get down to a certain body fat percentage? Im trying SO hard right now to get in the air force and I have to either lose 4-5% BF or almost 25lbs! anyone care to help? or just some awesome work outs besides HIIT I always hear about?

Thanks to anyone in advance
Diet Diet Diet

Products Discussed in this Thread