Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

The Official Gym / Fitness Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2013, 06:51 AM   #9261
Gamecock Tacos
jeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jeremy
jeremy1ns's Tacoma Gallery
Before I started prepping for a half marathon about 6 weeks ago, I could dead 405 @ 160. Squats prolly 315, I hate squats.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:16 AM   #9262
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
damn you KG weights, make me look foolish thinkings its lighter than it actually is
Old 07-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #9263
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermoids View Post
when you guys are talking all these crazy high numbers, are you talking about once or doing sets of so many with that weight? i can't even remember the last time i tried for my one rep max on anything.
My bad. Mine was once. Funny you mention this because when people tell me how much they squat, I wonder if they are they breaking a 90* angle at their knees?
I had someone tell me they were repping 355. I ended up seeing their half reps at the gym.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #9264
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
My bad. Mine was once. Funny you mention this because when people tell me how much they squat, I wonder if they are they breaking a 90* angle at their knees?
I had someone tell me they were repping 355. I ended up seeing their half reps at the gym.
That's usually the case with most big lifts. People try and justify it all day too. When ever someone starts spouting out their PRs, I usually take them with a grain of salt.

My DL probably has about 125ish lbs on my high bar squat, and 100lbs on my low bar squat.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #9265
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
Half reps on the squat are so annoying... All the HS kids do it and think they are so bad ass with 3 plates
Old 07-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #9266
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Half reps on the squat are so annoying... All the HS kids do it and think they are so bad ass with 3 plates
All of my friends do them. Haha
Old 07-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #9267
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
I saw a guy at the gym today pushing out 315 on the bench and the bar maybe dropped 6" and went back up and was acting like he was a bad ass.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #9268
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
I saw a guy at the gym today pushing out 315 on the bench and the bar maybe dropped 6" and went back up and was acting like he was a bad ass.
I literally wonder how they feel badass doing that. To me, I just do them correctly go all the way that way I know what my actual numbers are. To me, I could just be like alright lets see how much we can bench dropping the bar 6in, and lets say 2 in... Like whats the point?
Old 07-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #9269
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettb View Post
I literally wonder how they feel badass doing that. To me, I just do them correctly go all the way that way I know what my actual numbers are. To me, I could just be like alright lets see how much we can bench dropping the bar 6in, and lets say 2 in... Like whats the point?
Point is to look like a beast. But end up looking like a douche
Old 07-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #9270
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
Point is to look like a beast. But end up looking like a douche
Yeah. Look like a beast to those who do the same stuff.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #9271
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
At the gym: Of all the days to have the water out for repair, its on leg day. Efff.... Only brought half a gallon.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #9272
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post
Try eating more solid foods. You seem to only be eating one "real meal" a day, then just supplementing with protein powder, PB, and fruit.

Eat meat and veggies. Need more fat, drink a can of coconut milk. Load up on some solid carbs like potatoes, not jelly.
Where do you find coconut milk? I did some research and found that coconut milk containts 500 calories and 40 grams of fat PER CUP... AWESOME. I found some shit at walmart here but it has like 60 calories and 5 grams fat... Where do I get the real shit?!?
Old 07-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #9273
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, you're probably looking at either carton coconut milk or that garbage "lite" shiz.

Look around the hispanic, oriental, or cooking sections. They'll have different kinds scattered in each of those. Just make sure it's not lite. Some are more watered then others, so look in each section, check the back and do some quick multiplication to find the most packed one.

Thai kitchen is usually the more expensive ones, so look around if you're on a budget. I have a stock of some brown cans I got at walmart for around $1.xx a can. 750 calories a can with 70g of fat.

You don't have to refrigerate it until after you open it. I usually throw a can in the fridge daily, and that'll be my can for the next day b/c I like it cold. Just make sure you shake it well before.

Also, look around for some coconut cream. That shiz is packed with calories as well. Nice to add to a bunch of sweet potatoes after a good day of heavy lifting when you just feel zapped.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #9274
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post
Yea, you're probably looking at either carton coconut milk or that garbage "lite" shiz.

Look around the hispanic, oriental, or cooking sections. They'll have different kinds scattered in each of those. Just make sure it's not lite. Some are more watered then others, so look in each section, check the back and do some quick multiplication to find the most packed one.

Thai kitchen is usually the more expensive ones, so look around if you're on a budget. I have a stock of some brown cans I got at walmart for around $1.xx a can. 750 calories a can with 70g of fat.

You don't have to refrigerate it until after you open it. I usually throw a can in the fridge daily, and that'll be my can for the next day b/c I like it cold. Just make sure you shake it well before.

Also, look around for some coconut cream. That shiz is packed with calories as well. Nice to add to a bunch of sweet potatoes after a good day of heavy lifting when you just feel zapped.
Thanks. I eat sweet potatoes every now and again, every other week, get sick of them sometimes... Get sick of food in general honestly. I just want winter to come since it's alot easier to eat!

I did gain 2# in the last few weeks... 3 weeks consecutively at 179.8-180.2# I am happy about that.. And according to the scale my BF went down .3% I don't trust that thing very accurately anyway.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #9275
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Bunch of leg freaks here!

I've been using the leg press machine and weighted lunges but it's not the same as squatting...

Old 07-09-2013, 07:48 PM   #9276
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Post shake: Pro Complex, Soy Silk Latte Mocha, Heavy whipping cream.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:06 AM   #9277
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
Post shake: Pro Complex, Soy Silk Latte Mocha, Heavy whipping cream.

Starbucks needs to get on that drink.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:50 AM   #9278
Custom User Title

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Thanks. I eat sweet potatoes every now and again, every other week, get sick of them sometimes... Get sick of food in general honestly. I just want winter to come since it's alot easier to eat!

I did gain 2# in the last few weeks... 3 weeks consecutively at 179.8-180.2# I am happy about that.. And according to the scale my BF went down .3% I don't trust that thing very accurately anyway.
Costco carries a big tub of cocnut oil. I mix a spoonful of coconut oil with a bowl of brown rice and cinnamon for pre workout meal.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:53 AM   #9279
PkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of light
Name: David
PkTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone dread deadlift day. I can't seem to find any motivation on DL days anymore.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:56 AM   #9280
Don't cremate me. I want to come back as a zombie.
quantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shed

quantum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PkTaco View Post
Does anyone dread deadlift day. I can't seem to find any motivation on DL days anymore.
used to hate leg days.....now i'm starting to like them (now that i don't feel like puking halfway through anymore)

however, the day after is awful.....feels like someone stabbing me in the ass, hamstrings and quads

Products Discussed in this Thread