Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

The Official Gym / Fitness Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-18-2014, 07:28 PM   #19161
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
4/18/14:

Lower strength focus:

BB squat (waveloading) 2:1:1:1
315lbs/335/365 (too heavy) x 5/4/3

315/335/355 x 5/4/3

Good mornings: 2:1:2:1
55lbs x 8 (4 sets)

Hack squat: 5:5:1:1
2plates/side x 5 (4 sets)

Superset with:

Reverse hack squat: 1:1:1:1
2plates/side x 5 (4 sets)

Leg extensions: 2:1:1:2
110 x 15 (4 sets)

Superset with:

Lying leg curls: 2:1:1:2
120lbs x 15 (4 sets)
*** I was running late for dinner plans tonight, so I did four rounds non stop...about blacked out... ***

Machine hammer curls: 1:1:1:1
90lbs x 25 (4 sets)

DB curls: 5:1:1:2
30's x 5 (4 sets)

LISS cardio
Old 04-18-2014, 07:57 PM   #19162
Mr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Active MK 02-09, ME 09-10, Reserve ME 10-11, LTJG 11-Current.  Federal Civilian 10-Current
Mr. Brown's Tacoma Gallery
Just sat down and tried the sit-ups again. Used the external obliques a little more by slightly turning left and right when my abs started to fatigue. Using that technique, I knocked out the number I wanted with time to spare.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:10 PM   #19163
2wheelnut is on a distinguished road

Name: Angelo
2wheelnut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post

I'm doing an essay on clean diet vs food diet..
Would be interesting to read, I started eating clean, hit a wall, got real tired/ lazy at the gym etc. Now I eat whatever. Everyone says I lost weight but I actually gained 3lbs, have more energy to push and am able to lift more weight. Biggest difference was the squats, not so dizzy anymore!
Old 04-18-2014, 08:18 PM   #19164
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
^ Eating cleans lowers your salt intake which reduces your bp making it not only easier for blood to run out your brain and also to talk out your ass.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:39 AM   #19165
Banned
quantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shed
quantum's Tacoma Gallery

http://www.thefitbaldman.com/4/post/...l#.U1JML7sW0bx
Old 04-19-2014, 07:47 AM   #19166
spencer44306 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspencer44306 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspencer44306 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspencer44306 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspencer44306 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspencer44306 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspencer44306 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspencer44306 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspencer44306 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspencer44306 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspencer44306 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Spencer
spencer44306's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
IMO I feel like squats, deads, and lunges have these things covered and then some.
you cant text your bros and eat fried chicken though while doing these exercises...

leg extensions you can pretty much do everything but scratch your butt
Old 04-19-2014, 08:51 AM   #19167
Eat right, be fit, die anyway
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
zacharypaul89's Tacoma Gallery
I think "clean" eating is overrated. You can eat what you want, as long as you're not an idiot about it. Moderate and you're fine. I don't eat clean, but I eat smart. If I know I can only eat 2300 calories in a day, it'd be wise to stay away from Burger King. Calories and macros are what matters to me.

Skipped the gym yesterday, so today is legs and shoulders...I like the leg press and leg machines. I also like squats, deads, and other "real" movements. I know squats and that type of stuff is better b/c it incorporates more muscles and whatnot, but I think machines and presses have their uses, too, especially if you're wanting to target and isolate specific muscles. I did read a thing on bb that said machines aren't ideal for people who workout for sports/running/etc. because those isolated movements counteract natural movements you'd make in a game, where squats and stuff like that are movements you would make in a game. For me, my sports days are over and I'm working out 90% for aesthetics (the other 10% is for "late night" activities with the fiance ) I like to start a leg day with real movements like squats and deads and then go to machines to isolate dafuq out of my quads and hams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brown View Post
So get this. I went to take my test today... I couldn't because my blood pressure was too high (I just took my workout stuff). However, they let me "ghost" it. I did great on push ups and the run, but I was two short from where I need to be in the sit-ups. They scheduled me to come back on Monday. Any tips?
When prepping for your next test, don't use supplements. If you can't use them pre/during your test, don't use them to train for the test. Or just find supps that won't affect your bp
Old 04-19-2014, 08:59 AM   #19168
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacharypaul89 View Post
I If I know I can only eat 2300 calories in a day, it'd be wise to stay away from Burger King. Calories and macros are what matters to me.

What about micros...kinda need those too
Old 04-19-2014, 09:33 AM   #19169
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean266 View Post
What about micros...kinda need those too
I don't give a FUCK about micros.

haha jk. I eat plenty of vegetables and 1 fruit (an apple) per day...I should probably incorporate more greens, as my only source of green vegetables is 1 big ass salad at lunch, but I hate them, so that's pretty much all I'm willing to do. Other than that, I eat a vegetable with every meal and 1 apple with my breakfast. I hate sweets, so I'm not too crazy about fruit....I should probably get a multi, but I hate seeing my pee change colors and think they're complete bullshit anyway lol
Old 04-19-2014, 10:12 AM   #19170
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum View Post
Old 04-19-2014, 10:53 AM   #19171

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by precoma View Post
I may or may not be doing this after my workout
Old 04-19-2014, 10:58 AM   #19172
Banned
quantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shed
quantum's Tacoma Gallery
all of you....are welcome except the one douche-nozzle in this thread
Old 04-19-2014, 12:20 PM   #19173
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
all of you....are welcome except the one douche-nozzle in this thread
Still not sure if your talking about me or not
Old 04-19-2014, 12:30 PM   #19174

This guy came in with one of those bench press shirt things today and I tried it out...benched 335 with it...now, if I could only do it without the shirt lol

1. Sorry for the grunting...I usually don't do that, but it was heavy as shit
2. I know the form is extremely sloppy. I've never worn one of those shirts before, so that, plus the fact that I was benching 335 caused the bar to sway a lot
3. Please don't make fun of my small calves...I'm very sensitive about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awmx6TUMu7c
Old 04-19-2014, 12:44 PM   #19175
Banned
quantum's Tacoma Gallery
be proud in the fact that you can bench 100lbs more than me (80 on a good day)
Old 04-19-2014, 12:44 PM   #19176

Quote:
be proud in the fact that you can bench 100lbs more than me (80 on a good day)
Well sadly, without the shirt I can only do around 290
Old 04-19-2014, 12:48 PM   #19177
Banned
quantum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Old 04-19-2014, 12:51 PM   #19178
BabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Infantry
BabyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This guy came in with one of those bench press shirt things today and I tried it out...benched 335 with it...now, if I could only do it without the shirt lol

1. Sorry for the grunting...I usually don't do that, but it was heavy as shit
2. I know the form is extremely sloppy. I've never worn one of those shirts before, so that, plus the fact that I was benching 335 caused the bar to sway a lot
3. Please don't make fun of my small calves...I'm very sensitive about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awmx6TUMu7c
What calves?

Pretty cool man. I watched a video of how to put on one of those shirts...to much work.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:27 PM   #19179
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Yea...295 absolutely buried me the other day . Got it off my chest about 2 inches. After that, I was done. I want to try a bench press shirt now...
Old 04-19-2014, 01:38 PM   #19180
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
bench press shirt? oh you mean muscles.

Products Discussed in this Thread