Skipped the gym yesterday, so today is legs and shoulders...I like the leg press and leg machines. I also like squats, deads, and other "real" movements. I know squats and that type of stuff is better b/c it incorporates more muscles and whatnot, but I think machines and presses have their uses, too, especially if you're wanting to target and isolate specific muscles. I did read a thing on bb that said machines aren't ideal for people who workout for sports/running/etc. because those isolated movements counteract natural movements you'd make in a game, where squats and stuff like that are movements you would make in a game. For me, my sports days are over and I'm working out 90% for aesthetics (the other 10% is for "late night" activities with the fiance ) I like to start a leg day with real movements like squats and deads and then go to machines to isolate dafuq out of my quads and hams
So get this. I went to take my test today... I couldn't because my blood pressure was too high (I just took my workout stuff). However, they let me "ghost" it. I did great on push ups and the run, but I was two short from where I need to be in the sit-ups. They scheduled me to come back on Monday. Any tips?