Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

INSANITY

Old 05-05-2011, 07:45 AM   #21
TacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Amanda
TacomaGirl09's Tacoma Gallery
I just started Insanity on Monday and I'm following the meal guide with it. Today was only day 4 of the workouts but I already feel like I'm starting to improve. The real test tomorrow will be to push myself through the entire warm-up without stopping.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:08 AM   #22
808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
808matt's Tacoma Gallery
the only thing that matters is the commitment
Old 05-15-2011, 06:21 PM   #23
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
I ordered INSANITY and P90X (two for the price of one...) while I was deployed and got back to a shitshow at work...so I haven't been able to start....But tmrw AM the wife and I are starting INSANITY.
I'm doing measurements and photos tonight...then getting a good night of sleep and rocking it out in the AM.
Gunna try some of the meal plan. With a wife and kid it's not easy to trade out some foods and I can't completely sacrifice the carbs cause I gotta be sharp at work...but we'll see. Try a lot more chicken and some simpler meals.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:26 PM   #24
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
My fiance is doing insanity. It's no joke. I've worked out most my life and I did one of the workouts, I don't think my legs have ever been that sore! If you stick with it and eat well, you will get results no doubt. Once my shoulder is back to 100% I will start it from the beginning.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #25
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
First day, it's already kicking my ass.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:17 AM   #26
TacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Amanda
TacomaGirl09's Tacoma Gallery
It gets better after the first few days, I promise. Once all the soreness goes away and you can actually move, the workouts seem to go faster. I just started month 2 and it's a lot more challenging than month 1 (I say that as if the first month wasn't insane enough already lol). But my results so far are incredible, so just stick with it and keep pushing that play button everyday, and remember there is a t-shirt waiting for you at the end.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:03 AM   #27
2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Trooper
Name: Blake
2010nctaco's Tacoma Gallery
I usually go to the gym and mostly lift and a little cardio. My wife wanted to do insanity, so I did it with her last night. Its tough. But im sure u will see results if u keep with it.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:11 AM   #28
o5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant future
Name: Tim
o5iiawah's Tacoma Gallery
I run half marathons, play tennis and work outside in FL Generally I watch what i eat.

Call me a pussy, but I tried Insanity and its hard as shit. Plus the eating plan doesn't always mesh with my schedule. I leave the house sometimes and am gone for 18 hours so dealing with the 5 little meals isn't always practical.

Good luck to those who are on it. I can see where the sick results come from.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:41 AM   #29
texican76 is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Bryan
texican76's Tacoma Gallery
For anyone that has trouble with cravings you should really look into Shakeology. I have been drinking one Shakeology per day for over a month and I never crave sweets or junk food. You can read more about it at www.myshakeology.com/BryanM76. For all you guys doing P90X and Insanity you might be glad to know that P90X2 is coming out early fall. P90X2 only has you work out 5 times a week because the workouts are more intense. If you liked Insanity then you have to try Insanity The Asylum. It is more sports related and you use a jump rope and an agility ladder, all of which are included with the dvd's. You can find out more about The Asylum by visiting my site at www.teambeachbody.com/BryanM76.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:16 PM   #30
bcroach78 is on a distinguished road
Army: EOD
bcroach78's Tacoma Gallery
Its been a while since some you you say you started the insanity or p90x workouts, how many of you kept it up? Post some results. I know these workouts work and alot of people are skepticle of the cookie cutter commercials and shit. Would be nice to see the results from "real, everyday people".
Old 08-10-2011, 01:21 PM   #31
Jdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Daniel
Jdaniel1274's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcroach78 View Post
Its been a while since some you you say you started the insanity or p90x workouts, how many of you kept it up? Post some results. I know these workouts work and alot of people are skepticle of the cookie cutter commercials and shit. Would be nice to see the results from "real, everyday people".
Doing good with Insanity, on the last week. Did not really follow the meal planning, actually did not change my eating habits much at all, and still lost 10 pounds. But it was good training, got me in shape to climb Mt. Whitney and Half Dome. Going to do a second round in about two weeks, this time I am going to try to follow the dietary guidelines. I highly recommend Insanity, it is hard but a lot of fun.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:43 PM   #32
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have this insanity program laying around and want to pay it forward?
Old 03-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #33
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Gonna revive a dead thread. Anyone finish Insanity and have their results? I started it tonight. Got it from someone for cheap. I have P90X, but right now I don't have time to work out an hour and a half (Including running 2 miles) or more every day. I like that the work outs in Insanity aren't quite as long...fits into my current schedule a little better. Just wondering what everyone thinks about it that actually finished it.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #34
tattoo981 is on a distinguished road
Name: anthony
tattoo981's Tacoma Gallery
I use it. I like it better than p 90x cuz u don't have to use all kinds of weights and pull up bars and other equipment. Gets me a pretty good workout. The first half of the insanity series is only about 30 to 40 min. The second half is an hr. Try the sports training one. That's my fav
Old 03-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #35
Black Hole Sun
tacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant future

Name: Forrest
tacoma92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalden2 View Post
Gonna revive a dead thread. Anyone finish Insanity and have their results? I started it tonight. Got it from someone for cheap. I have P90X, but right now I don't have time to work out an hour and a half (Including running 2 miles) or more every day. I like that the work outs in Insanity aren't quite as long...fits into my current schedule a little better. Just wondering what everyone thinks about it that actually finished it.
same here. anyone that can actually show the results so i know its worth the time
Old 03-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #36
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
I lost 3 pounds the first week. It's pretty intense.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:26 PM   #37
PhdNPrerunners will become famous soon enoughPhdNPrerunners will become famous soon enough

Name: Justin
PhdNPrerunners's Tacoma Gallery
Reviving this thread to see if anyone has finished insanity and seen good results? Today I was looking at myself in the mirror and I am fed up with the way I look. When I graduated I weight 160 with a lot of muscle definition. Now I was around 180 and have a lost a lot of definition. I will admit I defiantly do not eat healthy. My grandmother just had open heart surgery because she didn't exerciser and take care of herself when she was younger and I don't want the same situation to happen to me.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:05 AM   #39
Toyota Addict
Trowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Trowbocop's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered Insanity- hope it's worth it! I saw a lot of beginning posts to this thread...well how did it work out??! Nobody posted if they were satisfied after doing it
Old 07-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #40
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowbocop View Post
Just ordered Insanity- hope it's worth it! I saw a lot of beginning posts to this thread...well how did it work out??! Nobody posted if they were satisfied after doing it
The two or three weeks I did were good. I felt like I had more energy...I think I'll probably have to make some major eating changes and go thru a few rotations of the program to get ripped like they show on TV- but I was down almost 10 lbs before I got sick.
Plus I can take the DVD to work when I have overnight shifts, or when I travel and I can keep my same workout time and what not.
I do still like to go to the gym and swim or do yoga so I'll have to work that all out...Not sure if I want to commit to doubles right now.