Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

INSANITY

Old 07-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #41
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
I finished it once so far. Lost 10 lbs...I went from 150 to 140. I got pretty toned. Had abs again for the first time in about 6 years
Old 07-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #43
Aggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud of

Name: Daniel
Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
I'm very seriously looking into this as well so looking for good candid feedback thats not part of the infomercial

My wife and I are just looking for something new and different. We are both 37 and are in pretty good shape. I'm an avid biker and she is an avid runner. Both of us do weights.

I'm about 170 (5'9") and have always been pretty blessed with a good metabolism. I wanted to try to bulk up recently and went at it for about 2 months. I noticed a little more size in chest and shoulders but felt like it came at the price of losing ab definition since I'm eating more and doing less cardio.

So...Ive come to the conclusion that my body type is just not cut out for size, and to stick with my acheivable goal which should be just more definition.

I want to start this in 2 weeks when I return from vacation. Looking for opinions from someone that has really stuck it out.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:22 AM   #44
Toyota Addict
Trowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Trowbocop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie97 View Post
I'm very seriously looking into this as well so looking for good candid feedback thats not part of the infomercial

My wife and I are just looking for something new and different. We are both 37 and are in pretty good shape. I'm an avid biker and she is an avid runner. Both of us do weights.

I'm about 170 (5'9") and have always been pretty blessed with a good metabolism. I wanted to try to bulk up recently and went at it for about 2 months. I noticed a little more size in chest and shoulders but felt like it came at the price of losing ab definition since I'm eating more and doing less cardio.

So...Ive come to the conclusion that my body type is just not cut out for size, and to stick with my acheivable goal which should be just more definition.

I want to start this in 2 weeks when I return from vacation. Looking for opinions from someone that has really stuck it out.

I'm on day 4, about to start the workout. I'ts AWESOME so far. For real, each day is tough, but after the workout my girl and I are so proud that we endured. It's a total body rocker, you won't neglect anything while doing these workouts. It's a bit pricy, ends up about 140 after 25$ ripoff shipping. But already I'm feeling awesome, nothing crasy like losing a bunch of weight, but definitely feeling more toned (or just crasy sore!)

We really like the nutrition plan they send with the kit. It's got tons of great recipes, so we're still eating a bunch- 5 meals a day, and we're tracking caloric intake. So far, no regrets for us!
Old 07-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #45
Aggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud of

Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowbocop View Post
I'm on day 4, about to start the workout. I'ts AWESOME so far. For real, each day is tough, but after the workout my girl and I are so proud that we endured. It's a total body rocker, you won't neglect anything while doing these workouts. It's a bit pricy, ends up about 140 after 25$ ripoff shipping. But already I'm feeling awesome, nothing crasy like losing a bunch of weight, but definitely feeling more toned (or just crasy sore!)

We really like the nutrition plan they send with the kit. It's got tons of great recipes, so we're still eating a bunch- 5 meals a day, and we're tracking caloric intake. So far, no regrets for us!
Cool! Thanks!
I think I'm going to pull the trigger and start it when we return. I'm in need of a new challenge and I'm hitting a lull at the gym.

I thought of doing Crossfit, but it's too expensive for what it is IMO.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #46
barlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
barlowrs's Tacoma Gallery
I am about half way through it, it kicks your butt...no joke. I am down from about 200 to 170 so far (I am also employing some old wrestling weight loss tricks as well) but this is a VERRRRRY good workout. Highly recommended to anyone.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #47
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Keep it up man! I had insanity but sold it to a co-worker. I liked it a lot but with the rapid movement and non stop repitition, it got to be too much on my wrists and shoulder. I have metal screws in both wrists and no cartilige in my left rotator cuff
Old 07-12-2012, 09:53 AM   #48
i2andom81 is a glorious beacon of lighti2andom81 is a glorious beacon of lighti2andom81 is a glorious beacon of lighti2andom81 is a glorious beacon of lighti2andom81 is a glorious beacon of light

i2andom81's Tacoma Gallery
Fallow a good diet plan and you should see results a lot quicker. I read somewhere that losing weight is 60% diet and 40% exercise. Good luck!
Old 07-31-2012, 04:49 PM   #49
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Week 4 for me. Actually I did week 4 already, but had a sprained ankle so I'm re-doing week 4 to get my conditioning back to where it was before the strength/balance disc for week 5.
  • 38 yrs old, 6'1", 247.8 lbs on first day. First day of no smoking after 20 years, too.
  • I follow the diet plan to a T, seriously. I have a fridge at work under my desk that allows me to keep good groceries available for my daytime meals. I only supplement a whey protein serving 2-3 times a day, everything else is from the nutrition plan. First shake in the morning, one more at meal 2 or 3, then another after my workout. My body needs more carbs than I'm intaking though, and my quads really feel it when I don't fuel them properly each day.
  • Fit test on day one - finished only 5 of the 8 exercises before I puked and had to stop.
  • Fit test on first day of week 3 - finished the whole thing with no issue, and almost doubled all of the results on the 5 exercises that I was able to do on day one
  • Week 5 - 238.4 lbs (down almost 10 lbs), feel like an android, and can see muscle I haven't seen since high school. Already down a waist size, down a full shirt size, my butt actually fits into my dress pants again, veins show like they haven't for years, and I have energy for days.
Clothes fit me like they did when I was 12 lbs lighter than this on my last diet. People are mentioning it at work who usually don't even say more than a word to me on any given day.

It feels like after week 4, my body has turned a corner where my muscle mass gain has spiked and leveled off, now the fat burning is starting to show more each day. I couldn't lose more than 1 lb a week the first 3 weeks, now it's starting to come off.

Smoked a few "oops" cigarettes in the past couple weeks, and it set my cardio back by nearly a week! You absolutely CANNOT cheat and smoke on this exercise routine or you will lose progress quickly. Took me 4 days to get back to where I was cardio-wise.

My son and I were out at a store last weekend, and he actually didn't even recognize me from the back from only 10 feet away. I can't wait to see what my body is like after the last half of this routine. More than likely, I'll do it a second time.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:55 PM   #50
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
Week 4 for me. Actually I did week 4 already, but had a sprained ankle so I'm re-doing week 4 to get my conditioning back to where it was before the strength/balance disc for week 5.
  • 38 yrs old, 6'1", 247.8 lbs on first day. First day of no smoking after 20 years, too.
  • I follow the diet plan to a T, seriously. I have a fridge at work under my desk that allows me to keep good groceries available for my daytime meals. I only supplement a whey protein serving 2-3 times a day, everything else is from the nutrition plan. First shake in the morning, one more at meal 2 or 3, then another after my workout. My body needs more carbs than I'm intaking though, and my quads really feel it when I don't fuel them properly each day.
  • Fit test on day one - finished only 5 of the 8 exercises before I puked and had to stop.
  • Fit test on first day of week 3 - finished the whole thing with no issue, and almost doubled all of the results on the 5 exercises that I was able to do on day one
  • Week 5 - 238.4 lbs (down almost 10 lbs), feel like an android, and can see muscle I haven't seen since high school. Already down a waist size, down a full shirt size, my butt actually fits into my dress pants again, veins show like they haven't for years, and I have energy for days.
Clothes fit me like they did when I was 12 lbs lighter than this on my last diet. People are mentioning it at work who usually don't even say more than a word to me on any given day.

It feels like after week 4, my body has turned a corner where my muscle mass gain has spiked and leveled off, now the fat burning is starting to show more each day. I couldn't lose more than 1 lb a week the first 3 weeks, now it's starting to come off.

Smoked a few "oops" cigarettes in the past couple weeks, and it set my cardio back by nearly a week! You absolutely CANNOT cheat and smoke on this exercise routine or you will lose progress quickly. Took me 4 days to get back to where I was cardio-wise.

My son and I were out at a store last weekend, and he actually didn't even recognize me from the back from only 10 feet away. I can't wait to see what my body is like after the last half of this routine. More than likely, I'll do it a second time.
i did p90x for a solid 3 weeks and could notice a difference in the first week since my friend took pictures of the lake. i stopped because i just got to overwellmed with work, school, raising a pig, and just mobbing the tacoma i think im going to start tomorrow and be done on november 1st. like you said you stopped smoking on day one, i think i might do the same. yeah its fun but its a waste of money. time to get serious for track season this spring
Old 08-01-2012, 06:44 AM   #51

Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post

Thanks for the info! I'm getting more motivated just reading success stories...real ones.

I just got mine in the mail yesterday so I plan to start Monday. I think the hardest part for me will be eating enough. I'm not minimizing the workouts as I totally expect they'll kick my ass. I would like to put on about 5-10 lbs as long as its muscle. I'd like to weigh around 180 (I'm 5'10"), be a little bigger overall, but be defined.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #52
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the info! I'm getting more motivated just reading success stories...real ones.

I just got mine in the mail yesterday so I plan to start Monday. I think the hardest part for me will be eating enough. I'm not minimizing the workouts as I totally expect they'll kick my ass. I would like to put on about 5-10 lbs as long as its muscle. I'd like to weigh around 180 (I'm 5'10"), be a little bigger overall, but be defined.
I don't really think you're gonna put on much weight with this program. It's all cardio. You'll lose weight, and you'll get defined, but you're not gonna gain much muscle...at least not 5-10 lbs of it. Unless you're doing some strength training, too.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:19 AM   #53

Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalden2 View Post
I don't really think you're gonna put on much weight with this program. It's all cardio. You'll lose weight, and you'll get defined, but you're not gonna gain much muscle...at least not 5-10 lbs of it. Unless you're doing some strength training, too.
This is what I am concerned of...I'm already pretty lean (I could always use more definition), but I really don't want to lose weight. I will see what happens. I will be eating like a mad man.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #54
Jdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Jdaniel1274's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This is what I am concerned of...I'm already pretty lean (I could always use more definition), but I really don't want to lose weight. I will see what happens. I will be eating like a mad man.
Insanity will give you a good cardio base. You will not gain a lot of muscle mass from this program, but will define and tone what you have already. The only way to gain muscle mass is heavy strength training.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:03 AM   #55
Political Correctness Sucks!
skb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
skb7527's Tacoma Gallery
I just started my fourth week and it's awesome. The most important thing is to know your limits and don't kill yourself...
Old 08-02-2012, 08:10 AM   #56
(Not the real George Strait)
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
My GF did insanity and it is seriously no joke. I tried it once and was like.. fuck that I'm sticking to lifting weights and eating fried chicken.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #57
JayhawkRN is on a distinguished road
Name: Kyle
JayhawkRN's Tacoma Gallery
I will recommend this product to anybody that will listen, as long as you can handle the impact in your legs. I set a New Years Resolution to get into shape, as I was getting FAT! I am 6'1" and started at 250# on January 5. I did Insanity 1.5 times(120 days) and I lost 45#. I did get a little burned out by the monotony of the workout so I have just been biking and running 5-6 days per week to maintain and I am currently 198-200#(depending on the day).
I am getting compliments left and right at work. Which is nice when you work with good looking nurses!
I also really didn't diet. I just cut back on portions and the KEY: NO MORE REGULAR SODA. I couldn't cold turkey it, so I just switched to Diet and haven't missed it in the least.
I am thinking of doing another round of Insanity or will start P90x in a couple months. I want to workout outside while the weather permits and save the videos for winter.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:48 AM   #58

Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
TODAY is the day I start! I'm looking forward to a new challenge.

Anyone out there that has tried this that didn't want to lose weight but just get more defined? I'm curious of your results.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:06 AM   #59

Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
Yesterday was just the fit test and I had some serious nausea coming on, and felt soreness in my legs within 1/2 an hour. It's funny how just doing something different can challenge you so much. I feel like I'm in decent shape, I bike (road and mtn) a lot and do spin class a lot. I thought my legs were in pretty good shape but that kicked my butt.

So fit test yesterday evening and 1st workout this morning at 5:00 am. It was pretty brutal. Glad to be done for the day.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:38 AM   #60

Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
Today is day 3...will be doing my workout after work instead of before like yesterday.

Soreness has settled in and is ridiculous. It seems like every time I get out of my truck, there is new and more soreness. Proof of muscle confusion at work, because I'm less sore after biking 100 miles.