Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

INSANITY

Old 09-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #81
Aggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud of

Name: Daniel
Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the middle of week 7. The jump from month 1 to month 2 is a big one...harder, longer workouts, way more squats and pushups. Now that I'm in week 2 of month 2, I'm seeing improvement already as far as keeping up again. You almost feel like you're starting over when you first start month 2...then you see improvement just like during month 1.

Workouts go from about 40 min to 1 hour. Harder to squeeze them in but I'm managing to do so. I'm still hovering at 170, but eating pretty much what I want and however much I want just to maintain weight.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:23 AM   #82
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I know, old thread but no need to double up. Just started insanity today. Fit test damn near crippled me. Didn't realize how out of shape I got the last couple years. I only weigh 162 and am 6' tall but I don't like the roll I have around my gut. So, 59 days left...
Old 04-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #83
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Startin back again after I get back from Arkansas next week. Might die.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #84
docbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

docbrown's Tacoma Gallery
Just started week 2 this morning. Actually look forward to the workouts, even though they are intense. It is a good change-up from going to the gym.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:34 PM   #85
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Name: Darrell
dtopgun515's Tacoma Gallery
Starting Week 2 today. This is my second time doing it. First time I lost 14 lbs, 189 lbs down to 175. As soon as I quit I put 10 lbs back on because I don't eat right. Starting back at 189 lbs again and going to try to eat right this time and see what happens.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #86
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
Did insanity 2 full rounds about a year ago. First time without strictly following the diet plan. Second religiously. I didn't need to lose weight but wanted a change from running all the time. It really works if u diet but u have to diet to get good results. Still do it 2-3 days a week with other videos in the mix now. Overall a result seeing program if u eat right.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:00 PM   #87
Aggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud of

Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
thinking about starting this up again but combining some weight training in. I've spent the last two months training for MS150 and just finished that last weekend. Took week off and need to get back at it.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:57 AM   #88
docbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Rogers View Post
Did insanity 2 full rounds about a year ago. First time without strictly following the diet plan. Second religiously. I didn't need to lose weight but wanted a change from running all the time. It really works if u diet but u have to diet to get good results. Still do it 2-3 days a week with other videos in the mix now. Overall a result seeing program if u eat right.
Yeah, the diet is difficult for me too. I am not being a fanatic about it. Switching to 5 smaller meals a day is a challenge with my schedule, but I am just doing the best I can. I think I will be sick of chicken by the time the 60 days is up.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #89
The Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud of
The Shape's Tacoma Gallery
I did the program after not exercising for about a year. It was TOUGH to get going but by week two I was in to it. About half way through I also started running. I ended up losing 34 pounds between insanity and running and I didn't really stick to a strict diet. I have kept up the running after insanity and have so far kept the weight off, but I am thinking of doing another round soon.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #90
Konarider719 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ron
Konarider719's Tacoma Gallery
I made it through 2 weeks (lost 15lbs. )and then broke two toes. I haven't started back up because I have a pretty hard time eating right. I'm allergic to most fruits and I REALLY despise veggies. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #91
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konarider719 View Post
I made it through 2 weeks (lost 15lbs. )and then broke two toes. I haven't started back up because I have a pretty hard time eating right. I'm allergic to most fruits and I REALLY despise veggies. Any help would be appreciated.
That's great. 15 lbs in 2 weeks is awesome! Did u by chance order the prog straight thru Barack body. The reason I am asking is it comes with a meal plan which does use veggies but not as much as u think. Lots of options in the book. Then u can modify ur meals to meet ur tastes and keep away from food allergies. I just portion out meals to obtain a certain amounts of calories per day. It keeps the fat off. I honestly can't eat all I need to in a day. It's been like that for quite a while. I have always been athletic but now I'm 30 and I have to work to keep in shape. Growing up is a bitch.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #92
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Rogers View Post
That's great. 15 lbs in 2 weeks is awesome! Did u by chance order the prog straight thru Barack body. The reason I am asking is it comes with a meal plan which does use veggies but not as much as u think. Lots of options in the book. Then u can modify ur meals to meet ur tastes and keep away from food allergies. I just portion out meals to obtain a certain amounts of calories per day. It keeps the fat off. I honestly can't eat all I need to in a day. It's been like that for quite a while. I have always been athletic but now I'm 30 and I have to work to keep in shape. Growing up is a bitch.
Getting old sucks. I downloaded the MyFitnessPal app and have been keeping up with my calorie intake through that. I just switched over to a higher protein/lower fat diet a week ago, hoping to burn off the fat quicker. My weight seems to fluctuate 5 or so pounds as it is, but I lost 4 pounds last week.

It seems like every time I start insanity, I end up getting sick and have to miss a week or so, then don't ever wanna do it again. Been doin it again for 3 weeks now, along with some strength training. The workouts are gettin easier, but still suck.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #93
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Insanity is a great HITT training workout series, altho from a bodybuilder's perspective is way to intense for the average joe. It burns a lotta muscle if you already have a lot of muscle mass, but for someone who is a couch potato it's great at building muscle and shredding fat. i think you burn close to 1500 calories in 1 workout. the names speak for it self this workout is insane.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #94
Your mom goes to college

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
Insanity is a great HITT training workout series, altho from a bodybuilder's perspective is way to intense for the average joe. It burns a lotta muscle if you already have a lot of muscle mass, but for someone who is a couch potato it's great at building muscle and shredding fat. i think you burn close to 1500 calories in 1 workout. the names speak for it self this workout is insane.
According to my heart rate moniter, I'm only burning 5-600 calories, and that's working pretty hard. I"m in it more for the fat shredding than the building muscle. Last time I did it, it toned me up really well. This time, I'm hopin to shred the fat, then I'm gonna join the gym with my buddy and actually go hit the weights to really tone up.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:22 PM   #95
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalden2 View Post
According to my heart rate moniter, I'm only burning 5-600 calories, and that's working pretty hard. I"m in it more for the fat shredding than the building muscle. Last time I did it, it toned me up really well. This time, I'm hopin to shred the fat, then I'm gonna join the gym with my buddy and actually go hit the weights to really tone up.
Yeah those HRM are extremly inaccurate, to give you an idea a slow walk on the treadmill for 45 minutes burns about 500 calories. you are burning more like 1000-1500 range.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:25 AM   #96
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
I got through the first month and tore the meniscus in my left knee. Not so bad it required surgery but still sucked. Had to wear a full leg brace for a couple weeks. It's so weird that it happened considering I ran track and xc all through jr high and high school. Even did track in college. I never had problems with my knees. Until now!

Anyone want to buy an insanity workout program? Practically new, some of the cd's weren't even used. 13 disc with everything except calender.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #97

Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
Yeah those HRM are extremly inaccurate, to give you an idea a slow walk on the treadmill for 45 minutes burns about 500 calories. you are burning more like 1000-1500 range.
I don't think this is correct at all. I'm 38 and have been working out all of my life, with many different kinds of HRM's and I believe they are very accurate. You don't burn 500 calories walking for 45 min. It would be a lot easier for people to lose weight if that were the case. I burn about 500-750 during an Insanity workout, depending on length of time and my own intensity of the workout. That's still a lot of calories. The only workout I do that compares for about the same amount of workout time, is spin class. I average anywhere from 450 to 750 in spin depending on who's running the class.

1500 calories in a 45 min workout is WAY too high.

I recently did the MS150, a 2 day bike ride from Houston to Austin, and I only burned about 1800 on day 2 which was over 4 hours of riding...much of which was hills with my HR getting way up there.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:38 PM   #98
Your mom goes to college

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie97 View Post
I don't think this is correct at all. I'm 38 and have been working out all of my life, with many different kinds of HRM's and I believe they are very accurate. You don't burn 500 calories walking for 45 min. It would be a lot easier for people to lose weight if that were the case. I burn about 500-750 during an Insanity workout, depending on length of time and my own intensity of the workout. That's still a lot of calories. The only workout I do that compares for about the same amount of workout time, is spin class. I average anywhere from 450 to 750 in spin depending on who's running the class.

1500 calories in a 45 min workout is WAY too high.

I recently did the MS150, a 2 day bike ride from Houston to Austin, and I only burned about 1800 on day 2 which was over 4 hours of riding...much of which was hills with my HR getting way up there.
Yea, I disagree too, but I was just gonna let it go. I wore my HRM yesterday at work. 8 hours, walking all over a 25000 sq ft showroom. I burned 1011 calories, with an avg heart rate of like 76 or something. Out of those 8 hours, I was probably on my feet and walking around for about 6.

If you Burn 1000 calories Doing insanity, you need to calm it down.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:29 PM   #99

Just finished month 1 today. Only about 4 lbs lost, but the belt went in a notch so the gut is getting smaller. Today's workout was harder for some reason. Maybe just because it was a hard week at work. Oh well, tomorrow off and then a week of the Core Cardio and Balance.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:58 AM   #100

Made it through half the recovery week and got sick for a week. Picked up the rest of the recovery week and started month two yesterday. Big difference in the month 1 workouts and month 2! Much higher intensity and 25% longer. Definitely a challenge since I am not 100% back from being sick. Going to push through.