Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

new run plan

Old 03-19-2011, 12:16 AM   #1
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
new run plan

so was wondering if this run planned seemed like it would work or not.
i want to be able to do a 4 mile run in less than 30 minutes before school starts up in the fall.
so i was gonna start by the first week just running one mile.
every week after i was going to increase it by .25 miles.

so the second week would be 1.25 miles
third would be 2.5
fourth 2.75
fith 3.
and so on.

you think that would be a healthy way to build it up or is it moving to fast?
Old 03-19-2011, 12:21 AM   #2
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
awesome thanks
Old 03-19-2011, 12:45 AM   #3
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
When I was an avid runner I started out running 2 to 3 miles a day and within 3 months I was up to 15 miles. Having the right shoes helps out a lot.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:47 AM   #4
Bazinga

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sje1124 View Post
When I was an avid runner I started out running 2 to 3 miles a day and within 3 months I was up to 15 miles. Having the right shoes helps out a lot.
that would be awesome if i could swing that.
might try and push more once i get three miles down
Old 03-19-2011, 12:54 AM   #6
Bazinga

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
going to a military school in the fall and commissioning for army while there.
im in shape sorta now just not military shape
Old 03-19-2011, 12:56 AM   #7
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Totally understand that, that's the main reason I started running, so I could get ready for boot camp and get in better shape.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:57 AM   #8
Bazinga

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
yep, just trying to make it suck less haha
Old 03-19-2011, 12:59 AM   #9

Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Haha well if your in somewhat good shape you should have a good start.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:01 AM   #10
Bazinga

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i mean i can pass PT already.
think my two mile is at like 15 min on average. but it kinda skips somtimes its shorter sometimes i would fail it. so i just wanna get it consistent and more distance
Old 03-19-2011, 01:07 AM   #11

Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I was looking to improve my time in the mile and I found that the more races I ran either 5k's or 10k's my time improved every time. During the summer I was running some kind of race just about every weekend. My fastest mile was a 7:03 but that's good for me being 6ft and 215lbs. When I first started running I was pretty darn slow around an 8 minute mile. And now that ive gotten into running I started doing tri-athalons which I would have never thought of doing.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:12 AM   #12
Bazinga

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
thats awesome, i dont think i could do races haha. i was running a lot first semester this year, got my mile time down to 6 min. but i stopped and of course it fell back to a 8 min. so now i trying to work my way back down to it.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:17 AM   #13

Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Dang 6 min is pretty fast. Maybe one day ill break a 7 min mile lol but I just need to be able to run 1.5 miles in under 12:51 for our PT test. As long as I can make that ill be fine. How far were you running last semester?
Old 03-19-2011, 01:19 AM   #14
Bazinga

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
oh you should be able to get that without any problems.
last semester i could do two normally. sometimes could push out three.
i had a fast time because i played ultimate everyday. which caused me to sprint a lot, and it just made me faster
Old 03-19-2011, 01:23 AM   #15

Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, yeah I never really did dprinting stuff just ran long distance so I kept a constant time. Lately I've been trying to sprint a mile and jog a mile but that sprinting is killin me.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:26 AM   #16
Bazinga

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
i remember when training with my buddy for army basic training the book said a good way to get your mile time down is to sprint for one mintue, walk/jog for 30 seconds. and repeat for however long you can last.

i think sprinting is the fastest and better way to get your mile time down.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:36 AM   #18
Bazinga

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, might just start sprinting everytime at the end of my runs.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:41 AM   #20
Bazinga

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
the Citadel.
in charleston SC