1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Weight Watchers Anyone?????

Discussion in 'Health' started by 90YotaPU, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Mar 24, 2011 at 7:18 AM
    90YotaPU

90YotaPU [OP] The Messiah

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Union County, NJ
    Vehicle:
    1990 Toyota 4x4 (Pre-Taco)
    Aftermarket Stereo, Spidertrax Wheel Spacers, HF Air Horns, 3" Lift
    Just curious if anyone else out there is on Weight Watchers. My wife and I started again last week. This is my second round with the program. The first time was in 2006 and I went from 188 lbs to 165 lbs. I stopped going to the meetings thinking I could do it on my own and I would save the money which was more needed towards my bills. I started again two weeks ago and started at 178 lbs. At my last weigh in I was down 2.2 lbs. Weighing in again on Saturday. I'm 5' 6" tall.

I'm really excited to be on the program because I don't have a lot of spare time to hit the gym and I don't enjoy tv enough to spend time on the treadmill so just learning how to eat better is what works for me. That and I've started taking the dog on some nice hour long walks through the park and woods by our house rather than just taking her to the dog park and watching her run around.

I've had some ups and downs with weight since high school. I was 195 lbs in high school and in college I got down to 159 lbs than shot back up. Because I have a larger frame I think the lowest I can really get down to without looking anorexic (sp?) is about 155 lbs.

So let me know, is anyone else on the program? Maybe we can chime in each week / weigh in with our results and be a smaller support group for each other.

I have two real motivations outside of my own physical well being and shape. 1) My uncle died five years ago due to heart failure from being really overweight (over 400 lbs). 2) My sister is overweight and I can see how hard it is for her to get around. She's going for gastric bypass next month.

2. Mar 24, 2011 at 7:39 AM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    My wife and I have been married for 20 yrs. and she has been on weigth watchers the whole time. Goes every mth. for her weigh in. She doesn't have a weight problem, but that may be the reason why. She used to fix our meals using WW recipes and most are pretty good. I could afford to go and lose a few pounds myself, but with summer coming up and doing yard work, well that should help. I do work out at the gym 3-4 times per wk. Good luck on your weight loss and health program. Weight Watchers is a great program to follow.

3. Apr 7, 2011 at 6:57 AM
    90YotaPU

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Union County, NJ
    Vehicle:
    RLD, thanks for the reply. I can't believe nobody else does this. Well, to date, I'm down 8.6 lbs. Feeling so much better. Never really been interested in bulking up just want to get rid of the spare tire, or at least shrink it from a 265/75r16 to a 215/60/16.lol

4. Apr 7, 2011 at 7:20 AM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    I thought you would get more feedback too. :notsure: I go to the gym more for cardio work than anything else. I'm more interested in muscle tone and core strength than muscle bulk.:)

5. Apr 7, 2011 at 7:22 AM
    HerNameIsLucy

HerNameIsLucy I miss Lucy. :-(

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Equador. Don't know why.
    Vehicle:
    RIP Lucy.
    She's gone but not forgotten.
    My girlfriend is on WW. She loves it, and it for sure works for her. I should try it too.

6. Apr 7, 2011 at 7:35 AM
    90YotaPU

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Union County, NJ
    Vehicle:
    There we go with some responses. My wife is on it as well. It's a great program if you don't have much time to go to the gym and whatnot after work. Personally I can really stick with it cause I look at my points value the same as I look at my checkbook. I won't spend what I don't have.lol Before getting married I was hitting the gym every other night. Now between the wife, the dog, and the house, there's always something going on that I have to be around for.

7. May 3, 2011 at 6:50 PM
    90YotaPU

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Union County, NJ
    Vehicle:
    Just an update. Anyone who's thinking about trying this should give it a shot. I'm down 13 lbs (from 177 to 164) in about 6 weeks. I haven't done any exercising other than just taking the dog for a walk when I get the chance. It's an excellent program.

8. Nov 12, 2011 at 9:09 PM
    sandjunkie

sandjunkie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    OC
    Started 8 weeks ago with my wife and I am down 25 lbs.

Products Discussed in

To Top