Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

TOUGH MUDDER!!!

Old 11-25-2013, 06:51 AM   #401
ToyotaLover
Smar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
Smar969905's Tacoma Gallery
From somebody who doesn't train for this, get into shape to run a lot. Also get some massive hand and arm strength. The way they accomplish the 10-12 mile courses is with a lot of back and forth in an area. If you can have your body trained for running distances, you will be in great shape. The hand/arm strength is for helping to haul yourself around. The monkey bars and monkey rings can be a challenge. Climbing over walls means pulling yourself up to get over the top.

In Seattle this year, the monkey rings were slick. I can normally hang on without issue, but on the third of about 5 rings across, my grip wasn't hard enough. On the monkey bars, you start by going uphill on them which takes extra effort. After I hit the peak this year, and started going back downhill, I was skipping bars, and right before I could get my feet planted on the far deck, I lost my grip.

As I was approaching the last few obstacles this year, I passed a guy who was probably 300+ lbs and still walking along. Remember that if you need help from others, ask for it. If others ask you for help, then give it.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:57 AM   #402
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelztaco View Post
I signed up today for the tri-state on Oct. 11, 2014. I am approximately 50-70 pounds overweight. 325 days until the event. Just thought I would share. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Anyone accomplish a similar feat? Specifically, I am 5'10" and 235 lbs. on the scale at work with steel toe work boots on. I started walking in the mornings. I am up to 4 miles. I will eventually turn the walks into jogs then runs.
Good luck man! Look for a spartan sprint next year, they are only around 4 miles and will be a good first event to get your blood flowing and get you hooked on the sport.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #403
nelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Neil
nelztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the encouragement! I'm 43 years old and out of shape. So, I set a goal.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #404
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelztaco View Post
Thanks for the encouragement! I'm 43 years old and out of shape. So, I set a goal.
Hell yea. Gotta start somewhere. My first spartan was last may and I ran it with two older guys, one was 36 and the other 38 I think, neither in that great of shape but they both had a blast!
Old 11-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #405
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Build up to jogging 5 miles and get some solid contact strength in your hands and you'll breeze through the course.

You've already taken the most difficult step in signing up for the event!
Old 12-07-2013, 12:08 AM   #406
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Dang... did you guys see this?
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/12/06...pany-negligent
Old 12-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #408
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
it was only a matter of time until it happened. while lose of life is always a sad thing... the risk of it is always present in events such as TM
Old 12-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #409
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Hence the waiver....

If the rescue diver isn't right there, dressed in diving shit, pretty sure 4 min is damn good time to get a diver in the water in full gear. IMHO
Old 12-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #410
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
Hence the waiver....

If the rescue diver isn't right there, dressed in diving shit, pretty sure 4 min is damn good time to get a diver in the water in full gear. IMHO
agreed. curious if any of the friends entered the water to attempt a rescue...
Old 12-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #411
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Curious if the person that jumped in the water looked before jumping and admitted to jumping on top of the guy.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:31 PM   #412
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Have any of you guys heard of the GoRuck challenges? I am planning on doing a few of them starting in the summer time. They are a lot smaller than the TM or Spartan races. Usually a 30 person limit.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:46 AM   #413

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
Have any of you guys heard of the GoRuck challenges? I am planning on doing a few of them starting in the summer time. They are a lot smaller than the TM or Spartan races. Usually a 30 person limit.
Never done one but Ive read a lot about them. 12+ hours of PT and hazing... No thanks.

If you use instagram search the hashtag #goruck and you will see a bunch of firsthand photos of the challenge.

I also follow a dude on their that does the spartan death race. No thanks to that as well...haha
Old 02-07-2014, 05:54 PM   #414
hockeychick123456 is on a distinguished road
Name: Melissa
hockeychick123456's Tacoma Gallery
nice! wonder if theres something like this near me.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:01 PM   #415
ToyotaLover
Smar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeychick123456 View Post
nice! wonder if theres something like this near me.
www.toughmudder.com
Click events
Look to see which one is closest to you
Run the course and drink a crappy beer
Crawl home and take some drugs and alcohol to feel less pain
Repeat
Old 05-24-2014, 08:45 AM   #416
ToyotaLover

It's been a little quiet in here lately. I am assuming that everybody is practicing their beer drinking abilities for the next TM event you will be joining in on. There are a few of us signed up for the Portland, OR TM in August. If anybody wants to join the team, contact JoeTacoma02.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:45 PM   #417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smar969905 View Post
It's been a little quiet in here lately. I am assuming that everybody is practicing their beer drinking abilities for the next TM event you will be joining in on. There are a few of us signed up for the Portland, OR TM in August. If anybody wants to join the team, contact JoeTacoma02.
Still no TM for me. Just spartan races. I like a challenge
Old 05-24-2014, 09:57 PM   #418
ToyotaLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
Still no TM for me. Just spartan races. I like a challenge
So why are you still doing spartan and not upgrading to TM?
Old 05-25-2014, 08:59 AM   #419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smar969905 View Post
So why are you still doing spartan and not upgrading to TM?
you mean downgrade?!

The Dallas TM is always the same day as a local event (zombie run 5k) that I help organize so I can never go.

I will be doing my first Triathlon event this year. Its just the sprint distance though so it shouldn't be too bad
Old 06-04-2014, 10:58 AM   #420
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Just signed up for the spartan beast in South Carolina. October 25th. This will be my first one. Got a group of about 7 guys I work with on a team. Can't wait!