Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

TOUGH MUDDER!!!

Old 06-04-2014, 10:19 AM   #421
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
Just signed up for the spartan beast in South Carolina. October 25th. This will be my first one. Got a group of about 7 guys I work with on a team. Can't wait!

hell yea man! Good luck. Work on upper body strength for the obstacles and leg work for the run. Im not sure if there are any hills around there but the Spartan race series loves to find and utilize hills/mountains.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:19 AM   #422
cynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cynicalrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
you mean downgrade?!

The Dallas TM is always the same day as a local event (zombie run 5k) that I help organize so I can never go.

I will be doing my first Triathlon event this year. Its just the sprint distance though so it shouldn't be too bad
This. TM is fun to do with a team and the obstacles are different, but it's an easy race overall. The savage race is a really good race with comparable large scale obstacles at a fraction of the cost. It's also shorter but distance doesn't mean shit when you are with a team and waiting for slowies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
Just signed up for the spartan beast in South Carolina. October 25th. This will be my first one. Got a group of about 7 guys I work with on a team. Can't wait!
First beast or first race ever? I've done several sprints, and a super and they aren't for the weak willed, especially my super. Beast is a challenge I have yet to take on but can't wait till I can.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:44 AM   #423
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The beast I did in dallas last year was hands down the hardest thing Ive ever done. It was suppose to be 12 miles but they made it 15 miles at the last minute. It was so cold they had to cut out a swimming portion and added on 3 miles.... Im going again this year and its my goal to smash my time from last year.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:17 PM   #424
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
What shoes do you guys use for these types of races?

I have running shoes but they don't have a ton of traction. And I also have hiking/trail shoes that have traction but are heavy as hell. Not sure which ones to use. Any suggestions?
Old 10-04-2014, 03:20 PM   #425
Slipstream87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlipstream87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlipstream87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlipstream87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlipstream87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlipstream87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlipstream87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlipstream87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlipstream87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlipstream87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlipstream87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
Slipstream87's Tacoma Gallery

buddy fell in on the last obstacle... I made it... Dos Equis girls FTW
Old 10-04-2014, 03:30 PM   #426
ToyotaLover
Smar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
Smar969905's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post

I have running shoes but they don't have a ton of traction. And I also have hiking/trail shoes that have traction but are heavy as hell. Not sure which ones to use. Any suggestions?
I've done it in the 5 toed shoes and regular cross training type shoes. I like the full shoe better despite the lighter weight of the vibram 5 toed shoe. Tread on a shoe, regardless of type, doesn't really help in mud. Running across open terrain doesn't require extra tread usually. Most of the obstacles either don't need that much extra traction because there are places to actually stand on or kick your feet into.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:18 AM   #427
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipstream87 View Post

buddy fell in on the last obstacle... I made it... Dos Equis girls FTW
Those damn girls get around!!

I did my first TM at the Portland location with Zach (Smar969905) in August of this year..signed up for Seattle the following month with their sale. Unfortunately, Zach couldn't join due to other priorities. Aiming for Vegas next year with the same folks I did Seattle event with.

EDIT:
I do want to do Spartan Race (sprint) next year. Spartan looks physically challenging. I've done a few other 5k's..they're more fun than challenging.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:25 PM   #428

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post

I run in merrell mix master trail shoes and brooks cascadia's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTacoma02 View Post
Those damn girls get around!!

I did my first TM at the Portland location with Zach (Smar969905) in August of this year..signed up for Seattle the following month with their sale. Unfortunately, Zach couldn't join due to other priorities. Aiming for Vegas next year with the same folks I did Seattle event with.

EDIT:
I do want to do Spartan Race (sprint) next year. Spartan looks physically challenging. I've done a few other 5k's..they're more fun than challenging.

Go for a spartan, much more challenging
Old 10-08-2014, 01:04 PM   #429
cynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cynicalrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
I run in merrell mix master trail shoes and brooks cascadia's.

Go for a spartan, much more challenging
Truth. Talking to a friend who did the trifecta this past year. Definitely on my list to do in 2015.