Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

<< BEST PROTEIN SUPPLEMENT>>

Old 04-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #1
Someone didnt put the tailgate down!
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
THROUGHITALLDUDE's Tacoma Gallery
Cool << BEST PROTEIN SUPPLEMENT>>

Ok so I have recently gotten back into lifting and I wanted to see what you guys all used for protein supplements. I am looking to get cut up and lose weight. I am looking at buying some Optimum 100% Whey I hear good things about it what do you guys use??
Old 04-06-2011, 01:05 PM   #2
© "HELL FUCK YEAH!" © COPYRIGHT FOR MY PROTECTION!
NoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
NoMallCrawlTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Muscle Milk, 6 lbs at Costco for CHEEEEEP!
Old 04-06-2011, 01:06 PM   #3
Jdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Daniel
Jdaniel1274's Tacoma Gallery
True Mass is a good protein supplement too.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:10 PM   #4
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
If you are looking to cut up and lose weight, I highly suggest something that is low in fats and will get in all of your BCAAs as well. I would recommend Optimum Nutrition Hydrowhey or their new Hydro-Builder. I personally just started using BSN Syntha-6 and I am very pleased!
Old 04-06-2011, 01:13 PM   #5
TmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TmecTaco79's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMallCrawlTaco View Post
You get what you pay for when looking for a "good" protein. Muscle milk is a joke. Just my opinion tho.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:15 PM   #6
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
i just use the whey protein at target haha.
works fine for me
Old 04-06-2011, 01:22 PM   #7
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMallCrawlTaco View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TmecTaco79 View Post
You get what you pay for when looking for a "good" protein. Muscle milk is a joke. Just my opinion tho.
That's what I've been using.... I am 6' 2" but only 160lbs. I have about 3% body fat (I'm in pretty good shape), but not matter how much I lift and consume protein I haven't been able to gain a single ounce! Maybe it's time to switch brands... lol
Old 04-06-2011, 01:34 PM   #8
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Living Fuel

http://www.livingfuel.com/Living-Protein.aspx
Old 04-06-2011, 01:35 PM   #9
o_o
Special_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Eddie
Special_K's Tacoma Gallery
x2 on BSN Syntha 6. Higher fat content but it tastes good and mixes well. Chocolate mint FTW. I like it because there are several types of protein in there for fast/slow digestion.

I've used Optimum whey a lot in the past as well when I did bodybuilding competitions, they've got some good stuff.

You probably already know this, but I guess the cutting up would depend on your cardio level, diet, and metabolism, not solely on the kind of protein you're using. I'd check out USP Labs too, they don't make a protein supplement (for the meantime at least) but have some great stuff for cutting up and recovery.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:24 PM   #10
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I just talked to a friend of my and he uses ISOPURE because it has no carbs and it has no milk or whatever its really pure protein without any kind of weight adding supplements
Old 04-06-2011, 02:27 PM   #11
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
x2 on BSN Syntha 6. Higher fat content but it tastes good and mixes well. Chocolate mint FTW. I like it because there are several types of protein in there for fast/slow digestion.

I've used Optimum whey a lot in the past as well when I did bodybuilding competitions, they've got some good stuff.

You probably already know this, but I guess the cutting up would depend on your cardio level, diet, and metabolism, not solely on the kind of protein you're using. I'd check out USP Labs too, they don't make a protein supplement (for the meantime at least) but have some great stuff for cutting up and recovery.
I am also a syntha 6 lover. best tasting protein. I will be honest, most of the time i hate drinking protein bc it tastes like ass. I actually enjoy drinking syntha6. twin labs isnt bad tasting either and i like ON too
Old 04-06-2011, 02:29 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny View Post
I am also a syntha 6 lover. best tasting protein. I will be honest, most of the time i hate drinking protein bc it tastes like ass. I actually enjoy drinking syntha6. twin labs isnt bad tasting either and i like ON too
What is its sole purpose I know all proteins have the same purpose but like what does the company states it does like help with weight lose and the whole deal?
Old 04-06-2011, 02:31 PM   #13
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Wheybolic extreme 60 at gnc. Best stuff out there except that it is a "supplement" so it doesn't go through the FDA
Old 04-06-2011, 02:31 PM   #14
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THROUGHITALLDUDE View Post
What is its sole purpose I know all proteins have the same purpose but like what does the company states it does like help with weight lose and the whole deal?
shooting you a pm right now dude
Old 04-06-2011, 02:31 PM   #15
¡Yo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
hamNswiss on rye's Tacoma Gallery
ON gold standard whey and casein
Old 04-06-2011, 02:34 PM   #17
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
And throughitall has a good point... if you want a no BS low fat no carb protein, isopure may be the best there is. Bad thing is that nobody really knows about it and it does have a little different texture
Old 04-06-2011, 02:34 PM   #18
¡Yo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
hamNswiss on rye's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
That's what I've been using.... I am 6' 2" but only 160lbs. I have about 3% body fat (I'm in pretty good shape), but not matter how much I lift and consume protein I haven't been able to gain a single ounce! Maybe it's time to switch brands... lol
gotta eat eat eat! and just lots of protein shakes wont do it for you. i mean clean food, and often. i was 6'3'' 175, 4% a few months ago, never lifted weight in my life. im up to 192, 5% and ive just been lifting, eating clean, and taking protein/cycling creatine
Old 04-06-2011, 02:41 PM   #19

I know creatine is really good for adding on some weight. I use to do it back in high school I unlike most people got cut up rather than bulky it was really nice
Old 04-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #20
o_o
Special_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Eddie
Special_K's Tacoma Gallery
Isopure, IIRC, is straight up whey protein isolate, which is way better than whey concentrate regarding bioavailabilty. there's a graph somewhere that shows the amount your body absorbs versus what is being taken in.

definitely agree with what Nick said about eating clean food, gotta stay away from the processed crap. easier said than done though