NEVER SMOKED :-) 177 48.90%
LESS than $500 per year 18 4.97%
$501-$1000 per year 20 5.52%
$1001-$1500 per year 19 5.25%
$1501-$2000 per year 13 3.59%
MORE THAN $2000 per year. 18 4.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 362. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2011, 05:58 PM   #22
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomian devil View Post
I think you may have a different definition of QUIT than my poll intended (Yet, a common definition among less frequent smokers)

Is there really any way for a "former" smoker to have one "occasionally" yet still have QUIT? Sounds less like quit, and more like "cut back" to me; but good for you, still! A few more bouts of bronchitis may be necessary for you?
You are probably right, but smoking 3 times a year is hardly being a smoker by most definitions. Just like having a drink once in a while doesn't make one a drinker.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:02 PM   #24
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think you may have a different definition of QUIT than my poll intended (Yet, a common definition among less frequent smokers)

Is there really any way for a "former" smoker to have one "occasionally" yet still have QUIT? Sounds less like quit, and more like "cut back" to me; but good for you, still! A few more bouts of bronchitis may be necessary for you?
what the hell dude? he dropped 99.9% of his habit. i salute the guy.
EDIT: i didn't see there was a second page, not trying to start a riot. guess ya'll made amends. coolness.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #25
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
JDMCQ = RARE OCCASIONAL SMOKER.
I'll vouch for that.
Spring meet!
Old 04-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #26
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
JDMCQ = RARE OCCASIONAL SMOKER.
I'll vouch for that.
*seconds that
Old 04-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #27
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
Spring meet!
*thousands that!!!
Old 04-24-2011, 06:04 PM   #28

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
*thousands that!!!
*mental note*buy beer and smokes.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:05 PM   #29
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
*mental note*buy beer and smokes.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:12 PM   #31
I'm a zit. Get it?

OP whats your voice/vote on the matter? have you ever smoked? i haven't dug through the polls to see where you fall in. im not saying your casting judgement in this poll, likely just curious, but it's hard for a nonsmoker to really understand where a smoker (or dipper in my case) comes from. . . . and i say this cause my health nut roommate will see me dipping or when i ask him to pick me up a can will say "that will kill you" and so on and so on. and im sure i can speak for the crowd, when a smoker/dipper is annoyed or bothered the only thing they want is a smoke/dip. see what im saying? and like i said, i know you didn't make the thread to pick a fight (me either) but im just curious.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:19 PM   #32

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
OP whats your voice/vote on the matter? have you ever smoked? i haven't dug through the polls to see where you fall in. im not saying your casting judgement in this poll, likely just curious, but it's hard for a nonsmoker to really understand where a smoker (or dipper in my case) comes from. . . . and i say this cause my health nut roommate will see me dipping or when i ask him to pick me up a can will say "that will kill you" and so on and so on. and im sure i can speak for the crowd, when a smoker/dipper is annoyed or bothered the only thing they want is a smoke/dip. see what im saying? and like i said, i know you didn't make the thread to pick a fight (me either) but im just curious.
Never smoked.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #33
Canadian member
tacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the rough

tacomian devil's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada View Post
my son is six, and I quit shortly after my wife told me she was pregnant, so it's been about seven years. I don't miss it. My wife however, does.
AWESOME!

Tacoma World Members: THE above is a "QUIT" story.

A few sticks a week, a month, or a year, is NOT quit. Its progress, its excellent reduction, but its NOT QUIT.

There is no such thing as "once in a while," for a non-smoker. You ARE simply a smoker with a wider indulgence interval who is just waiting for the necessary stress to smoke more again.

How many times have you heard about (or yourself been) someone who started again after a two-year (or longer) abstinence because of some kind of stressful event?

Maybe ALL recent quitters are really just abstaining smokers (much like abstaining alcoholics), but please be honest with yourself and your poll selection(s) -

REMINDER: There is NO SUCH THING AS "JUST ONE."

GET QUIT, Then GET RICH!

(I have never smoked a cigarette in my 41 years; Though I used to break my dad's in halves occasionally when I was a kid)
Old 04-24-2011, 06:31 PM   #34
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
AWESOME!

A few sticks a week, a month, or a year, is NOT quit. Its progress, its excellent reduction, but its NOT QUIT.

There is no such thing as "once in a while," for a non-smoker. You ARE simply a smoker with a wider indulgence interval who is just waiting for the necessary stress to smoke more again.

How many times have you heard about (or yourself been) someone who started again after a two-year (or longer) abstinence because of some kind of stressful event?

Maybe ALL recent quitters are really just abstaining smokers (much like abstaining alcoholics), but please be honest with yourself and your poll selection(s) -

GET QUIT, Then GET RICH!

(I have never smoked a cigarette in my 41 years; Though I used to break my dad's in halves occasionally when I was a kid)
Spoken like a non-smoker....
Old 04-24-2011, 06:38 PM   #35
She's Fat, I'm Drunk, It's On.
05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05 TRD Sport's Tacoma Gallery
I smoked when I was a teenager, quit in my early 20s. Maybe smoked 2 in the last 30 years. I call it quit anyway.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:41 PM   #36
Canadian member
tacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 TRD Sport View Post
I smoked when I was a teenager, quit in my early 20s. Maybe smoked 2 in the last 30 years. I call it quit anyway.
Agreed

(But I wouldn't chance pushing it to 3,...EVER... if I were you)
Old 04-24-2011, 06:44 PM   #37
Faster than a speeding ticket
Watari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Watari06V6's Tacoma Gallery
i drink, i eat meat (kill it, I'll eat it.) i drink coffee, i smoke...etc - but all in moderation! For me excess kills.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:45 PM   #38
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a non-smoker so I am not going to comment on what counts as quitting and what doesnt. But as far as money goes, my best friend smokes a pack a day. I think the ones she smokes are like $10-$12/pack. Thats like 4 grand a year! Crazy!
Old 04-24-2011, 06:52 PM   #39
I'm a zit. Get it?

Quote:
AWESOME!

GET QUIT, Then GET RICH!

ya see, that's it right there that you don't get man. people don't smoke because they're like "yeah, fuck the man, screw my health, i don't care!!" people smoke because a series of dumb decisions earlier in their life got them hooked. a non smoker telling an ex smoker that them lighting up every now and then is a terrible thing is like telling a reformed hooker she can't have sex ever again. i mean i respect that you are encouraging people to quit, i really do, but coaching when you've never played the game is tricky. just saying.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:12 PM   #40
Canadian member

TW members, believe me. I am not judging smokers, and (unfortunately), I know there is little/nothing I can say to help anyone here to quit. I have helped dozens to quit, but they all wanted help.

I started the thread because I just wanted to see where Tacoma owners were at (and just MAYBE to encourage a contemplator to consider quitting).

I know this.

I am glad that for whatever reasons,... I never started (I can't even quit coffee or the coke)...

and I am glad that my dad finally quit (no thanks to me) after smoking sticks and pipe for 40+ years.

As for the rest of you,... light em if you got em.... (just don't blow that shit in my face).