Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

adjustable dumb bells

Old 05-02-2011, 07:15 PM   #1
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
adjustable dumb bells

what set should i get and where is the cheapest to get the set?

what set do you have and how you like them?

thanks in advance
Old 05-02-2011, 07:19 PM   #2
bcb97 is on a distinguished road
bcb97's Tacoma Gallery
I have the bowflex adjustable dumb bells and they are pretty good. I might consider selling them but they cost me and I would have to sell them for a good bit.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:20 PM   #3
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcb97 View Post
I have the bowflex adjustable dumb bells and they are pretty good. I might consider selling them but they cost me and I would have to sell them for a good bit.
what they run ya?
Old 05-02-2011, 07:21 PM   #4
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Picked up a cheap set of 25 lbers from academy sprts I think. They have the pin you just pull out to drop plates.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:22 PM   #5

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Picked up a cheap set of 25 lbers from academy sprts I think. They have the pin you just pull out to drop plates.
i need up to 50 at least....
Old 05-02-2011, 07:32 PM   #6
bcb97's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
what they run ya?
I bought them back in 2008 for about $1100 but that included the stand and bench seat. They go up to 90lbs each.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:34 PM   #7
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
understandable, those are nice if they are the same ones im thinking of. (orange numbers on them)
Old 05-02-2011, 07:37 PM   #8
bcb97's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superx2 View Post
understandable, those are nice if they are the same ones im thinking of. (orange numbers on them)
Yup. I've tried selling them for 900 but no luck. They look brand new and I've only used them like 10 times. I keep telling myself one day I'm going to put the beer down and start lifting them.....one day.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:44 PM   #9

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yup. I've tried selling them for 900 but no luck. They look brand new and I've only used them like 10 times. I keep telling myself one day I'm going to put the beer down and start lifting them.....one day.
when did you buy those?
and where.....
Canada?
Old 05-02-2011, 07:47 PM   #10
bcb97's Tacoma Gallery
I bought those....well about 3 years ago now. And I think I was living in Texas at the time but now I live in Chattanooga, Tn area.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:48 PM   #11
Clever white boy.
wired_af is on a distinguished road

Name: Alex
wired_af's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a set of PowerBlocks. Very well built. Highly recommended.

http://www.powerblock.com/blocks.php
Old 05-02-2011, 08:41 PM   #12

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I bought them back in 2008 for about $1100 but that included the stand and bench seat. They go up to 90lbs each.
what would you need to get for them these days?
Old 05-03-2011, 12:11 PM   #13
bcb97's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
what would you need to get for them these days?

What would you give for them?
Old 06-02-2011, 12:31 PM   #14
silver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
silver taco's Tacoma Gallery
I got the bench stand and 55 lb dumbells from bowflex for 399 with free shipping. Very happy with them
Old 06-02-2011, 12:50 PM   #15
Quad D will become famous soon enough
Army: 4ID 1BCT, CET/PSD 2tours
Name: Quad
Quad D's Tacoma Gallery
FWIW out on the COP's what we ALWAYS get is the bowflex brand adjustable dumbbells. But all the reviews I've read put the powerblocks as pretty damn good quality too. I'm in the market for a set myself, but 50lbs a piece really won't do anything for me other than shoulder work really.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:16 PM   #16
StatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud of

StatutoryAPE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wired_af View Post
I've got a set of PowerBlocks. Very well built. Highly recommended.

http://www.powerblock.com/blocks.php
x2, ive had them for almost 2 years and i love them. very balanced and not big awkward weights.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #17
StatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud of

StatutoryAPE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad D View Post
FWIW out on the COP's what we ALWAYS get is the bowflex brand adjustable dumbbells. But all the reviews I've read put the powerblocks as pretty damn good quality too. I'm in the market for a set myself, but 50lbs a piece really won't do anything for me other than shoulder work really.
you can get add on packs for the powerblocks that will go to 120 i think
Old 06-14-2011, 01:44 AM   #18
Quad D will become famous soon enough
Army: 4ID 1BCT, CET/PSD 2tours
Name: Quad
Quad D's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen them. I think the price comes out to being about the same either way. I'll just keep my eyes out for a good deal eventually to pick up. It's the kind of thing I'll be patient for, the gym is free for me.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:05 AM   #19
WaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the rough

Air Force:
Name: Michael
WaGood24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatutoryAPE View Post
x2, ive had them for almost 2 years and i love them. very balanced and not big awkward weights.
I got my powerblocks not too long ago and I love them. They're much more compact than the bowflex ones and appear to be much more durable. Simply put they're much more simple and well built. The starter set is around $300 and then you can add on another 50lbs or so for another $200. I love these things.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:11 AM   #20
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
i was looking at the power blocks but, they limit your exercises by the grip you can take and they don't have the ability to be used on a bar bell. thats why i went with the iron master they are solidly built the weights can be used on a barbell supplied by them at an extra charge of course.

the only thing that stinks is they take longer to change between weights due to the spinning collar design on the bar bell and the dumbells aren't that much better either with their giant retainer screws.