Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Did squats for first time tonight, wow....

Old 05-04-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Did squats for first time tonight, wow....

Well ive been really focused on working out and being healthy since someone i know had a heart attack at 25....

I kept hearing about squats good and bad well tonight saw a guy doing some he looked like he had perfect form. When he was done i asked if he minded showing me proper technique.

He said no problem.

I only did 95 but hey its a step in the right direction!!!

Anyway i really felt it wow were people right by telling me i was missing out!!!

Anyway he asked if i wanted to workout sometime haha bro date i guess, so we are going to workout together.

He is like 3x my size so itll make me push harder to.

So what all do squats work?
Old 05-05-2011, 07:59 AM   #2
808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
808matt's Tacoma Gallery
squats help you break walnuts between those cheeks
Old 05-05-2011, 08:02 AM   #3
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LOL
Old 05-05-2011, 08:03 AM   #4
Asian13 will become famous soon enoughAsian13 will become famous soon enough

Name: Rachel
Asian13's Tacoma Gallery
Don't worry about how much weight you can do. It's all about correct form. You will increase your weight w/time. Squats work your butt and your quads.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:04 AM   #5
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
they work you quadricepts, or the two large muscles on your front thighs, dont forget to do calf raises and work the hamstring as well so your work your legs entirely
Old 05-05-2011, 08:09 AM   #6
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
squats are said to be the one exercise that will give you poverall mass, not much your legs but all over. they work your quads, hams, butt, calves...

your upper body will only get so big without beefing up the lower half anyway, men who do squats are said to have increased testosterone levels over those who do not. and we all know that testosterone is what makes men grow.

be careful. one stupid move and your done.

i would suggest doing squats once a week and some dead lifts another day. those are key to adding mass. but also increase risk for injury

be careful though
Old 05-05-2011, 08:12 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFA View Post
they work you quadricepts, or the two large muscles on your front thighs, dont forget to do calf raises and work the hamstring as well so your work your legs entirely
Thanks I did not do those totally forgot about them!
Reps

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudge151 View Post
squats are said to be the one exercise that will give you poverall mass, not much your legs but all over. they work your quads, hams, butt, calves...

your upper body will only get so big without beefing up the lower half anyway, men who do squats are said to have increased testosterone levels over those who do not. and we all know that testosterone is what makes men grow.

be careful. one stupid move and your done.

i would suggest doing squats once a week and some dead lifts another day. those are key to adding mass. but also increase risk for injury

be careful though

Thanks! Yes I am trying to becareful! I'm taking it slow and easy. I dont want to F myself up.

Yeah I heard that doing squats breaks down your leg muscles and bone which is what produces the testosterone.

I have not attempted a dead lift yet
Old 05-05-2011, 08:24 AM   #8
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808matt View Post
squats help you break walnuts between those cheeks
Looks like your about to become someones "GYM BITCH"
Beware if he wants to "spot" you alot on the weights.
And by no means does a workout happen in the shower no matter what he says.

Honestly if you want a great workout look around for a fitness center that promotes "TURBO KICK". My wife is a Personal Trainer and Aerobic Instructor and man is this stuff hard but results are amazing and there is always a bunch of smoking hot chicks doing it. Not so many dudes unless your into that. Good luck and remember dont give up. The burn you feel is gonna be worth it.
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2011, 08:26 AM   #9
808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
808matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerussell610 View Post
Looks like your about to become someones "GYM BITCH"
Beware if he wants to "spot" you alot on the weights.
And by no means does a workout happen in the shower no matter what he says.
umm... what?
Old 05-05-2011, 08:28 AM   #10
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Just make sure you work on your form. Good form helps prevent injury and will help you get stronger faster.

Another good full body free weights workout is power cleans. Again with proper form.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:30 AM   #11
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFA View Post
dude really? QUADricepts? They work the FOUR muscles in your thighs haha