Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

anxiety attacks

Old 05-23-2011, 11:26 AM   #1
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
anxiety attacks

anyone here deal with anxiety? how do you deal? i've been having anxiety attacks bad the past 2 weeks....and its really messing me up at work. my sinus surgery is friday....could be some of what is causing it.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:28 AM   #2
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Oh hell yes, Xanax is your friend!!
Old 05-23-2011, 11:29 AM   #3
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Stress .. Try going to a dr. If u haven't already

And don't abuse your meds .. I see to many of those everyday .. Just chill and work on your truck
Old 05-23-2011, 11:30 AM   #4
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
relax Will....

i know what you mean...i think
Old 05-23-2011, 11:30 AM   #5
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
I get em all the time. Especially while im enrolled in College and working.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:30 AM   #6
Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
VanillaGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
I actually posted a similar thread a bit ago. Had to do with anxiety and sleeping problems but heres the link. A lot of people chimed in aboutthe anxiety and sleep problem, just have to read through it.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/hea...privation.html
Old 05-23-2011, 11:33 AM   #7
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla View Post
I actually posted a similar thread a bit ago. Had to do with anxiety and sleeping problems but heres the link. A lot of people chimed in aboutthe anxiety and sleep problem, just have to read through it.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/hea...privation.html
I do believe a mod was just told to "search n00b!"
Old 05-23-2011, 11:34 AM   #8
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i've had bloodwork done/physical/ekg, and all have came back normal. stress is a bitch too. i'll be driving and have to pull over cause i cant catch my breath and feel like im about to pass out or wreck. hopefully i can get some xanax to get me thru til the surgery.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:34 AM   #9
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, and exercise will be your friend, it you are worn out from working out, you will sleep like a baby.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:34 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
I do believe a mod was just told to "search n00b!"
damn......no kiddin!!
Old 05-23-2011, 11:38 AM   #12

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i've had bloodwork done/physical/ekg, and all have came back normal. stress is a bitch too. i'll be driving and have to pull over cause i cant catch my breath and feel like im about to pass out or wreck. hopefully i can get some xanax to get me thru til the surgery.
Xanax does help, honestly. I have had the same bottle for over a year, and i only take a half one when need. But it takes about 10 minutes and you are right as rain. It only really works, if you take them very rarely. Your body builds a tolerance very quickly. Emergency use only!!
Old 05-23-2011, 12:27 PM   #13
Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
VanillaGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
damn......no kiddin!!
Don't ban me! Ha
Old 05-23-2011, 12:33 PM   #14
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Would not take the Xanax.. Its habit forming. And in some it makes them sleepy. So it only helps you at night when your asleep. Then in the AM you have all the same probs.

Take Lexapro or another kind. Only thing about Lexapro it takes one to two weeks to fully work. But it does help and it is not habit forming.

Good luck.. Take deep breaths.. It will pass
Old 05-23-2011, 01:20 PM   #15
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I used to have a big problem with depression and anxiety...don't really have any good advice since I didn't deal with it in a good way. But I can say that it will most likely get better, haven't had any problems for a long time now. Just try to relax and find something that eases your anxiety...for me, simple things like working out, reading, listening to music, all kept my mind occupied long enough for it to pass
Old 05-23-2011, 01:30 PM   #16
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Medical marijuana works for me! Good indica isn't available in SC, huh? (Not intending to start any "legalize" conversation)

My dad died from mixing prescription drugs w/ stress, so I rarely, if ever, take any OTC/prescribed stuff. I tend to have a high-stress job, too, and find that shutting off all external stimuli (tv, internet, people, etc) for a bit and focusing on the moment reeeeaaaally helps (yes, meditation). The world comes at us so damn fast that slowing it down slows down how quickly my mind reacts to things that shouldn't even matter.

Like MsTRD said, just find simple things you can momentarily get lost in - it's the same as meditation.

A friend of mine just had major sinus surgery recently... am gonna ask him how it went.... You'll be fine, though, dude.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:44 PM   #17
Tacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacoma831's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Medical marijuana works for me! Good indica isn't available in SC, huh? (Not intending to start any "legalize" conversation)

My dad died from mixing prescription drugs w/ stress, so I rarely, if ever, take any OTC/prescribed stuff. I tend to have a high-stress job, too, and find that shutting off all external stimuli (tv, internet, people, etc) for a bit and focusing on the moment reeeeaaaally helps (yes, meditation). The world comes at us so damn fast that slowing it down slows down how quickly my mind reacts to things that shouldn't even matter.

Like MsTRD said, just find simple things you can momentarily get lost in - it's the same as meditation.

A friend of mine just had major sinus surgery recently... am gonna ask him how it went.... You'll be fine, though, dude.
That works for me too. Best stress reliever
Old 05-23-2011, 01:47 PM   #18
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Will ... what kind of sinus surgury? Did your anxiety attacks start after you learned you needed surgury? Did you ever have them before?
Old 05-23-2011, 02:01 PM   #19
Aggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud of

Name: Daniel
Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
Oh, and exercise will be your friend, it you are worn out from working out, you will sleep like a baby.
This is soooo true. This has been the only thing that has worked for me. Started seeing doctor after 2008 ...Hurricane Ike, job (work in financial industry) wife stopped working, and found out we were expecting #3 all in same week. Started having issues with stress, reflux caused by stress, etc.

Intense exercise has become my best medicine.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainEarth View Post
Will ... what kind of sinus surgury? Did your anxiety attacks start after you learned you needed surgury? Did you ever have them before?
i dont think i have had them before....if so, they were nothing this bad. and im pretty sure they started around the same time as well. if depression plays a big part, im there i guess....that and stress.