Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

post sinus surgery update......

Old 05-28-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
post sinus surgery update......

had the surgery yesterday....and i feel like tee total hell.

surgery wasnt too bad i suppose...bout an hour and a half. right now...feels like someone smacked me in the face with a baseball bat a few times, and then shoved a softball up each nostril. i have 4 stints inside my nostrils,that will come out on tuesday morning. cant breathe worth a shit right now because of the stints, but hopefully, in a week or so, things should get better. they have me on prednisone(which i despise), and also, so type of something for infection and 500mg vicodin...which has no effect as usual. gotta sleep pretty much sitting up, and my throat is sore as hell from the breathing tube. i have to irrigate my nose 5 or 6 times a day with a bottle version of the netti pot....and you should see the blood clotty crap and all come out then.

the one thing im really disappointed in....kinda wasted alotta $on the mri for my hearing,cause they couldnt find anything, so now i may look into a very small hearing aid to just see if it makes any kind of difference.

i'll update the next few days and weeks and see what the progress is like. they told me day 3 and 4 were the real bitch, and after that, it starts easing up and getting better.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:36 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Prayers for a speedy recovery dude!!
Old 05-28-2011, 02:37 PM   #3
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you got it over with Will, seems like pretty good news that you're posting an hour and a half after the surgery. Your description sounds like you're feeling pretty nasty, hope you have a quick recovery. Take care of yourself man.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:39 PM   #4
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i'd be fine and dandy now if it wasnt for these damn stints. i have a sinus headache that wont go away.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL ROJO View Post
Wow man that's rough, tell doc those vickies are not working and u need something stronger.
well....i can get along without any pain meds really,but they just help knock the edge off for me mostly. my pain tolerance is pretty high.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:43 PM   #7
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck with all that, man! Hope you get to feeling better soon
Old 05-28-2011, 02:50 PM   #8
Blasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blasphemous's Tacoma Gallery
Hope that the surgery ends up being worth it in the end. Good luck man.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post

Glad to hear it went well...
lol...yesterday would have been the day for pics.....cause my lips and nose were bloody as hell, and i had a blood catcher under my nose. looks normal today, besides a lil swelling.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:12 PM   #11
Subd for later..
TacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
TacoRun's Tacoma Gallery
Hope this surgery solves your problems. When I was about 10 years old I had basically the same surgery. Waking up from the anesthesia and having all that up your nose is crazy. The worst part for me was not being able to look down. As soon as I would tilt my head down I would lose my balance and feel like fainting. Well that's what I can remember anyways. Just try your best to forget about trying to breath thru your nose and just breath with your mouth. Ice cream made my soreness from my throat go away. Good luck.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:20 PM   #12
Smackalicious!
Bz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant future

Air Force: 169th FW
Name: Bryan
Bz3r0's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Bz3r0 Send a message via Yahoo to Bz3r0
Good luck and a speedy recovery to you man. My father had the same kind of surgery done because of constant sinus problems. Did they cut under your nose and peel it back to get back into the cavity for surgery? I think that's how they did his...
Old 05-28-2011, 03:20 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoRun View Post
Hope this surgery solves your problems. When I was about 10 years old I had basically the same surgery. Waking up from the anesthesia and having all that up your nose is crazy. The worst part for me was not being able to look down. As soon as I would tilt my head down I would lose my balance and feel like fainting. Well that's what I can remember anyways. Just try your best to forget about trying to breath thru your nose and just breath with your mouth. Ice cream made my soreness from my throat go away. Good luck.
yeah man....i've been going thru some wendy's frostys!!
Old 05-28-2011, 03:23 PM   #14
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
They second they take all the packing and crap out of your nose you will feel a million times better.the weekly cleanings suck.they go inside with long needle nose and yank out any scabs.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:25 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
They second they take all the packing and crap out of your nose you will feel a million times better.the weekly cleanings suck.they go inside with long needle nose and yank out any scabs.
ahahaha....i'll be doing that myself along with all the irrigating that i have to do. i think they have played in my nose enough now for a good long while.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #16
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
Prayers for a speedy recovery man!!
Old 05-28-2011, 05:49 PM   #17

just irrigated with some warmer than normal water.......wow, you should have seen some of the junk that came out!!!
Old 05-28-2011, 06:09 PM   #18
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Prayers for a speedy recovery Will.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:13 PM   #19
jofixer is one of the sharper tools in the shedjofixer is one of the sharper tools in the shedjofixer is one of the sharper tools in the shedjofixer is one of the sharper tools in the shedjofixer is one of the sharper tools in the shedjofixer is one of the sharper tools in the shedjofixer is one of the sharper tools in the shedjofixer is one of the sharper tools in the shedjofixer is one of the sharper tools in the shedjofixer is one of the sharper tools in the shedjofixer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: joe
jofixer's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

bad and good. bad: first week. 2nd week better. 3rd week cocaine -like spray at doctors office. whole back of my head numb... 4th week, a gigantic clot/scab came loose. I spit it out... Then GOOD. I can never remember my sinus being this clear. I can sniff things I never smelled before. I could tell if a woman walked by 15 minutes ago... no ship. Also, those stuffed up sinuses and sinus headaches have been gone for 16 years. speedy recovery to ya!
Old 05-28-2011, 06:17 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jofixer View Post
bad and good. bad: first week. 2nd week better. 3rd week cocaine -like spray at doctors office. whole back of my head numb... 4th week, a gigantic clot/scab came loose. I spit it out... Then GOOD. I can never remember my sinus being this clear. I can sniff things I never smelled before. I could tell if a woman walked by 15 minutes ago... no ship. Also, those stuffed up sinuses and sinus headaches have been gone for 16 years. speedy recovery to ya!
thats awesome man!!! i'll be a happy camper when these stints come out and when i can actually blow my nose again.