Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Supplements & getting cut

Old 06-14-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
VanillaGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
Supplements & getting cut

Let me start off by acknowledging the fact that I know there's a gym/workout thread already. However it's not going to be simple to go through every page to find the answer im looking for.

Ok, lets begin. My goal for the next few months is to get back in the gym and get cut and go for definition. Not trying to bulk up and and gain a bunch of water weight this time around with a bunch of supplements that just add mass.

My question is what do some of you do/know about getting cut/cutting weight safely and what supplements would work best for that ultimate goal. Would you suggest just losing the weight first and then lifting and avoiding the muscle milk and supplements like that? I'm trying to figure out what supplement to take since I dont want mass and thats what the majority of the supplements offer nowadays.

By the end of all this id like to be at about 150-160 but a healthier 160 oppose to my out of shape 167.

I'll be waiting for the people to search for this exact thread somewhere and put repost or do your own research.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
wolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
wolfdog2314's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris...y-trainer.html

Follow this^^

Diet is huge. Eating high protein meals every 2-3 hours.

Get a good workout plan of weight lifting and cardio. Weight lifting will aid in your fat loss, burns calories.

That link, along with the whole bodybuilding site is great.

As for supps, I'd just do some good quality protein. Maybe a preworkout supp also. Daily vitamin. Fish oil.

Stay in the gym and have a good diet and you'll see results.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:09 PM   #3
Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
VanillaGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info WD, I'll go over it all later and get ideas as to what I should be doing and what seems to work. By the looks of it people get results out the ass.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:50 PM   #4
wolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
wolfdog2314's Tacoma Gallery
Just stick with it. It can be very discouraging until you see results. But it can and will happen if u do it right!
Old 07-06-2011, 09:02 AM   #5
WaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the rough

Air Force:
Name: Michael
WaGood24's Tacoma Gallery
The good news for you is that beginners/people just getting back into it see the greatest results. But as far as your goals, here's my 2 cents:

As said before, protein-rich diet is very beneficial. Per 100 cals consumed of protein it takes the body about 20 just to digest it, compare that to the 4-5 cals for fat and carbs. Also, keep in mind that muscle eats fat. So obviously, building muscle will help your goals but it seems like a cardio intense regimine is what would benefit you the most. I was in the same boat, well still am sorta. I started playing basketball again as much as possible and I started noticing a big difference around my waste. The key is to find some cardio that you enjoy.

Good luck!