Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

EMT/Nurses..which BP cuff thing?

Old 07-13-2011, 12:44 PM   #1
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
EMT/Nurses..which BP cuff thing?

wife got into nursing school. she just ordered the Littman classic II stethoscope thing.

she needs to buy a blood pressure cuff. which one?

thanks for the help. that previous stethoscope thread was a timely homerun for us.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #2
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
She has to buy her own sphygmomanometer? That's retarded. I wish I could help you. My only recommendation is get one with the gauge and pump in one handle. The air pressure is done with a trigger switch. Easiest to use, and my personal preference.

Edit - Like this.

Or like this.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:52 PM   #3
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
that is what that thing is called? that word needs a few more vowels!
Old 07-13-2011, 12:53 PM   #4
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah, you'll never find anyone who says that though, outside of joking of course. We just call it a BP cuff.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:00 PM   #5
El' Capi-Tan
resq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to behold

EMS: Giles Rescue
Name: Josh
resq330's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with Sj..

http://www.galls.com/style.html?asso...t=&style=DD001

http://www.galls.com/style.html?asso...t=&style=DD967
Old 07-13-2011, 01:05 PM   #6
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
^^ that ones not bad
Old 07-13-2011, 01:08 PM   #7
thanks!!
Old 07-13-2011, 08:00 PM   #8
Resident Jackass

That ADC one is the one I was looking for. I've used it an it's good stuff. The one that I first posted, I've used that too. Feels a little more solid and with the dial versus the trigger it's a little more precise.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:47 PM   #9
deejaecee is on a distinguished road
deejaecee's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly I wouldnt spend more than $20 bucks on a BP cuff. She will most likely use it only in skills lab and maybe in clinicals. After my second semester of nursing school My BP cuff barely got used.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:51 PM   #10
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
i may have one i can send you free + shipping, i'll look around, and remind me please.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:24 AM   #11
U no kea but AINOFEA!
kauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Nurse
kauaibuilt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejaecee View Post
Honestly I wouldnt spend more than $20 bucks on a BP cuff. She will most likely use it only in skills lab and maybe in clinicals. After my second semester of nursing school My BP cuff barely got used.
+1

I'll look around too. I should have a few laying around somewhere. We moved about a year ago and still aint fully unpacked yet though.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:41 AM   #12
anyone sends me one, i'll send back a great bottle of wine!!
Old 07-14-2011, 09:00 AM   #13
Taco Lover
tegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
Dont waste allot of money on a fancy BP cuff, the scope is one thing big difference between a Littman & a Sprague. A BP cuff is a BP cuff but I do prefer the all in one design much easier to use. Nurses rarely take manual BP's these days, when the machine spits out a value that seems off the nurse will check a manual but rarely.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:10 AM   #14
Slaughtering goats
emtlibby will become famous soon enough
emtlibby's Tacoma Gallery
the cheapest one you can, cause once you see the people that you have to put it on, youll want to throw it out. Itll get covered in sticky, stinky, arm goo.....

and unless you need to evaluate lung sounds or heart sounds, the cheapest one you can for a stethoscope is ok too....
Old 07-14-2011, 10:40 AM   #15
Treedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Barry
Treedawg37's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
She has to buy her own sphygmomanometer? That's retarded. I wish I could help you. My only recommendation is get one with the gauge and pump in one handle. The air pressure is done with a trigger switch. Easiest to use, and my personal preference.

Edit - Like this.

Or like this.

X2 cant go wrong with either. In 20 yrs of nursing ive never seen anyone have to buy these for school. Maybe personal at home use but shit for school????