Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

did my first road bike ride, with buddies.

Old 07-16-2011, 04:26 PM   #1
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
did my first road bike ride, with buddies.

i got a bike awhile ago. been riding it quietly daily. doing 15-18 miles up a huge hill by my home. it is getting better, but everyday some guy/gal will blast past me.

all my cycling friends wanted me to join them. today, i gave in and met them in the morning. i was very nervous. they all had hot new bikes, and matching gear. i looked like a random mountian biker with my cyclocross bike. i questioned them about the route. WTF! i went for it.

i hung with them!! almost 40 miles up and over hills, over bridges..city to city. i wasnt the last guy on the hills. i am stoked. they showed me an amazing route, littered with animals, abandoned buildings. no cars.

my health is really benefitting. i cannot jog that much, due to bad feet. BP is down, i'm dropping lbs, sleeping great..win!
Old 07-25-2011, 04:19 PM   #2
EEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Stefan
EEtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats! I used to be really in to it doing 30mi+ a few times a week with a group, but I got bored with all the flatland riding when I was in southern Louisiana. I've turned to mountain biking recently, but riding with a group will push you a lot farther than riding alone and it makes the time go by quicker. If you keep riding like that you'll have some legs in no time!
Old 07-25-2011, 04:22 PM   #3
Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
VanillaGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
thats great man! your local too where do you guys ride?
Old 07-26-2011, 02:08 PM   #4
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla View Post
thats great man! your local too where do you guys ride?
everyday, i take the trail into walnut creek from concord..then i go up ignatio valley road.

the one with friends..we went from benicia to vallejo, to martinez, to crockett, to vallejo and back to benicia. good times
Old 07-26-2011, 02:15 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Sounds like a great time. I really need to get my fatass out there.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:14 PM   #7
damn..that bouncing beauty in vanilla's sig is downright hypnotizing!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 10:35 PM   #8
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
awesome man! Stick with it! I used to be in damn good shape when I had my road bike. I need to get a new one again because that was the best workout I ever had.