Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

How do you guys get to sleep?

Old 08-25-2011, 10:18 PM   #1
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
How do you guys get to sleep?

I consider myself pretty disciplined about doing things when they need to be done, but for some reason I just can't put myself to sleep. I have long days..sometimes starting at 4:30 and I still have trouble getting to bed before 11:30 and at least a few nights a week I'll be up till three or so. I've tried melatonin and sometimes I just get out of bed and do push ups until I'm exhausted but sometimes that doesn't work. It's affecting my day and I just can't seem to find the right balance. Any and all help is appreciated
Old 08-25-2011, 10:22 PM   #3
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Meditate. Slow your thoughts and shut your brain off.
Hmm. I'll give it another try, I do have a lot of things go through my head that I really just can't control (or at least that's what it feels like) having ADD keeps me thinking and thinking and thinking.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:22 PM   #4
Camburg :)
Ptowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryce
Ptowntaco's Tacoma Gallery
just kidding i had to lol

I dont really have a problem im usually dead by 1030
Old 08-25-2011, 10:24 PM   #5
Blowin by em sideways
xroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ramon
xroller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptowntaco View Post
just kidding i had to lol

I dont really have a problem im usually dead by 1030
So you are speaking from the after life??? It's 11:30...

I just close my eyes... you know like everyone else in the world....
Old 08-25-2011, 10:25 PM   #6
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
i'm like an old man... i'm tired by 9:30 or 10 (i'm up WAY past my bedtime right now lol), but I try to slow myself down as I get closer to bed. I try not to eat anything late in the evening, I keep the lights dim, computer screen at half-brightness, tv volume low so my brain can begin to wind down. it's kind of hard to describe, now that i'm trying to write it out haha...
Old 08-25-2011, 10:28 PM   #7
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
I try to go through entire scenes in my head, kinda like daydreaming. Or I count. And focus on nothing but counting.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:29 PM   #8
Camburg :)
Ptowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryce
Ptowntaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xroller View Post

it only 1030 in Cali lol
Old 08-25-2011, 10:30 PM   #9
Waikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Waikoloa Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I read a book. I usually read about 3-4 pages which "turns off" my mind and allows me to go to sleep.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:30 PM   #10
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
^^ Yeah, no tv, computer screens, etc before bed which all keep your mind going. "Counting sheep" comes from getting your mind away from those thoughts that won't stop. I have add, too, and some nights are tougher to get sleep than others, but I've been into meditation for a while now which helps.

Whiskey also helps... ;o)
Old 08-25-2011, 10:31 PM   #11
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
I take melatonin, comes in different strengths for different sleep problems from mild issues to insomnia. My thermostat is set at 73 and my fans on high (sleep better in the cold) and it has to be pitch black or I can't get to sleep. But if you need some shades to cover your windows (shiftshade.com) is the shit. I work the midnight shift also so my bed time is 9am-ish.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:33 PM   #12
wannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
wannatoy570's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotamikez View Post
I take melatonin, comes in different strengths for different sleep problems from mild issues to insomnia. My thermostat is set at 73 and my fans on high (sleep better in the cold) and it has to be pitch black or I can't get to sleep. But if you need some shades to cover your windows (shiftshade.com) is the shit. I work the midnight shift also so my bed time is 9am-ish.
Exact same way i have to sleep! I dont work nights though just have to be cold.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:36 PM   #13
Save a horse ride a Railroader
Catcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to behold
Air Force: C-17 Loadmaster 2300 hrs
Name: Bryan
Catcrazed's Tacoma Gallery
Are we talkin goin to bed? Or gettin to sleep? Cause I have a hard time putting things down but once in bed it takes me about 30 sec to go to bed. Or try nyquil that stuff wipes me out 13hrs it actually scares me and i wont take it anymore..
Old 08-25-2011, 10:38 PM   #14
Save a horse ride a Railroader
Catcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to behold
Air Force: C-17 Loadmaster 2300 hrs
Name: Bryan
Catcrazed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotamikez View Post
Lol 73 is cold where you from I perfer bout 50-55
Old 08-25-2011, 10:38 PM   #15

Reading a book is usually an issue for me. Im the type who has to finish it no matter what. I remember when I was seven pulling an all nighter reading black hawk down. I got pretty far too, but ever since I've not read a book before bed. I used to think it was my bed, so when my sister move out I slept in her bed one night and slept pretty well, so I switched mattresses and it goes back to being uncomfortable. So now I'm sleeping on my old mattress in her old room currently and it's comfortable..kinda weird. I like having a fan going but mine squeaks like a mofo...I gotta fix that soon. I think my biggest issue is..my phone. Bummer to admit it but there's just so much a kid can do with an unfocused mind and an iPhone. Guess I'm putting it away for the night. Thanks for all the help
Old 08-25-2011, 10:39 PM   #16
jcgarvey is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
jcgarvey's Tacoma Gallery
Remove all electronics from your bedroom, workout at least 1 hr before you plan to sleep. If you workout too close to when you sleep it can inhibit your sleep cycle. Stop watching tv or being on the computer at least 1 he before bed and try reading a paper book to focus your mind on a single thing if its too hard to clear your mind for meditation.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:43 PM   #17
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xroller View Post

yeah but for some...that doesnt work.. including myself.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:47 PM   #18
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catcrazed View Post
Lol 73 is cold where you from I perfer bout 50-55
I'm from Fl, its 83 outside right now. And this is a cool night. Don't forget humidity lol. It sucks but I'd rather be sweating my balls off then freezing them off.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:07 PM   #19
roaddog is on a distinguished road
roaddog's Tacoma Gallery
Try eating popcorn before you go to sleep. The carbs are supposed to relax you. Also don't have any caffeen after 4:00. It stays in your system way longer than you think it does.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:48 PM   #20
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Some people's sleep needs change, mine went from 8 to about 6 or so over the last twenty years, I can run all day and it doesn't matter when i go to bed, if i go at 1030, i will be awake at 430. If it's really affecting your day, I would try cutting all caffeine out first and let your body find it's rhythm. If sugar wires you up I would try not having anything with sugar in it after say 5 or 6pm. Sugar wires my brain up and I have fucked-up dreams.