LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Think i had a seizure last night

Old 09-05-2011, 07:22 AM   #1
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
Think i had a seizure last night

Well im 22 years old and have never experienced nothing like this before. I was sitting at a restaurant last night with my girlfriend and her dad about 10 o'clock last night and as soon as i got done eating I felt this pain throughtout my chest like I was extremely full and had heartburn. Next thing I know, I am waking up in a cold sweat and they are both asking me if i was ok. She said it only lasted about 7-10 seconds but my head fell over on her shoulder then she said I stiffened up in her lap and began to shake. I was on the ccomputer all day yesterday because I was having trouble getting my homework to submit, so idk if being on that for 6-8 hours could of had simething to do with it or not. I've never experienced anything like this before, but am going sometime this week to get a EKG and some tests ran on me. Keep me in your prayers guys and hopefully its not nothing to serious.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:25 AM   #2
Devious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: COL, USA (Ret.)
Name: Mark
Devious6's Tacoma Gallery
Sending good thoughts your way!!
Old 09-05-2011, 07:28 AM   #3
dmz1241 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
dmz1241's Tacoma Gallery
Im not a doctor nor will i pretend to be, but in psych we learned that it is better to have a seizure at a younger age like your own because it can still just be hormones and medication can easily balance it out and most people grow out of the medication and live perfectly normal lives afterward. Thats just what i learned in class so hopefully you will be fine. good luck to you man.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:28 AM   #4
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
It happened to my cousin.for him it was stopping one of his meds cold turkey.My sister had 3 over her life but never found out why and hasn't happened in years
Old 09-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #5
booboy is on a distinguished road

booboy's Tacoma Gallery
Hope it's nothing major brotha. My prayers are with you.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:36 AM   #6
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
I'd say make an appointment with your medical doctor and tell him/her what happened. Could be a one time thing or could be something that needs to be monitored. You don't want anything like that happening when you're driving! Take care. Thoughts are with you.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #7
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm that's an interesting way to get your head into your girlfriends lap, with her dad present. Props to you for your ability to think on the fly..

In all seriousness .. I hope everything turns out ok for you.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:25 AM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
GO SEE A DR. !!!! Seizures are nothing to mess around with and think they arent a big deal. You need to find out what triggered it.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #9
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
doesnt sound like a seizure, more like syncope. when you woke up were you confused for a few minutes? did u pee yourself? what else happened? seizures very rarely are that short. and if your Dr is planning an ekg and not a CT scan he is prob thinking syncope as well. ask for a Lyme Disease test as well, sometimes it can manifest as cardiac arrhythmia. the one concerning thing for seizure is your age, its not uncommon for males to have seizures starting around your age due to something called a Canvernous Angioma. thats why you should get a CT scan
Old 09-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #10
Reading...
Us3r is on a distinguished road
Army: Discharged Med 08 19D Infantry
Name: Mike
Us3r's Tacoma Gallery
I hope its nothing major bro.

your within my prayers
Old 09-05-2011, 09:33 AM   #11
J0hnMata is on a distinguished road

Name: John
J0hnMata's Tacoma Gallery
Scary man, good thing it didn't happen when you were driving!
Old 09-05-2011, 09:48 AM   #13
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
I'd say make an appointment with your medical doctor and tell him/her what happened. Could be a one time thing or could be something that needs to be monitored. You don't want anything like that happening when you're driving! Take care. Thoughts are with you.
x2 On going to see a doc. Good luck.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:58 AM   #14
pantherballhp will become famous soon enough
pantherballhp's Tacoma Gallery
Go to a doctor! Too many people are too prideful to admit they need physical help and then the problem grows. Hopefully its nothing but a one time ordeal. Prayers for u man.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:04 AM   #15
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
My buddy got a seizure and they took his license away for 3 months.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:14 AM   #17
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-05-2011, 12:09 PM   #18
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudge151 View Post
doesnt sound like a seizure, more like syncope. when you woke up were you confused for a few minutes? did u pee yourself? what else happened? seizures very rarely are that short. and if your Dr is planning an ekg and not a CT scan he is prob thinking syncope as well. ask for a Lyme Disease test as well, sometimes it can manifest as cardiac arrhythmia. the one concerning thing for seizure is your age, its not uncommon for males to have seizures starting around your age due to something called a Canvernous Angioma. thats why you should get a CT scan

I didn't pee myself or bit my tongue or anything like that. I was a bit confused when I woke up, when i past out it was kindof like a thousand tgoughts were going through my head at once, kindof like I was dreaming real fast. As far as the doctor, he hasnt seen me yet so he hasnt said what scan he would do. My mother works in the hospital and told me she talk to the doctor about a CT, EKG, etc. To see what might have caused it.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:49 AM   #19
J0hnMata is on a distinguished road

Name: John
J0hnMata's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Heretic View Post
Mata your last name?
yes sir it is
Old 09-06-2011, 09:09 AM   #20
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear that and hope all indicates this was an anomaly. In any case, you need to see a neurologist and have them perform an EEG, and possibly perform an MRI or CT of your brain.

My best friend suffered from seizures quite often into his 20s. It ended up being due to chemical toxicity. He owned his own pest control company and he drove around in a poorly-ventilated windowless van in the Texas heat going from job to job. Breathing all those fumes from the pest control agents caused the toxic molecules to attach to his blood cells, eventually depriving his brain and other organs of oxygen. To this day, he will have a seizure every 3-4 years and takes medication to help prevent them.

There could be a defect in your nervous system or maybe there is an environmental reason as with my friend. Do you happen to work or live in an area that you may be exposed to a high volume of chemicals?

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.