Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Trying to quit smoking? Here's an alternative...

Old 10-02-2011, 01:33 AM   #1
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Trying to quit smoking? Here's an alternative...

Been smoking cigarettes for 15 years strong now, and just recently quit to start "vaporizing". I've tried to quit a few years ago by trying an "electronic cigarette" I saw at a local cig shop. But that didnt work out because it didnt help my cig cravings... didnt hit like a real cig and battery wore out by smoking it too much.

So now I'm trying this new E-cig that has helped me stop smoking for a week now, doing good and not looking back at this point. Hits like a real cigarette and lasts long. You can check it out at the below link. For anybody interested, the "Tornado Tank" seems to be the favorite which is also the exact same one that I got. So if you're trying to quit smoking, try this out... better for your health and better for your wallet!!!!!

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/
Old 10-02-2011, 01:40 AM   #2
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
good for you... I smoked for 17 yrs and quit about 5 years ago. I quit cold turkey. I now gain 50lbs since then....so now i have other issues. I think ill start again so i can lose some weight. LOL
Old 10-02-2011, 01:56 AM   #3
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMA TRD View Post
I think ill start again so i can lose some weight. LOL
thats a good and terrible idea hahaa
Old 10-02-2011, 04:29 AM   #4
enigma429ad has a spectacular aura aboutenigma429ad has a spectacular aura about
enigma429ad's Tacoma Gallery
check out the silver bullet from altsmoke paired with some tastyvapor atomic cinnacide. it's great stuff. Also check out ECF. Been analog free for over a year and half and lovin' it. Feels much better.

Also, if you've gone a week or so without one, you should try a drag on an analog cig. It's not the same.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:19 AM   #5
T man is on a distinguished road

T man's Tacoma Gallery
I can say that vaporizing worked for me. I smoked for over 30 years, tried to quit a number of times. I tried patches, gum, cold turkey etc. I ordered my first ecig last November and have been smoke free since the day it arrived. As enigma429ad stated check out the ECF forum, a lot of information there. One thing I can add is it is a bit overwhelming when you start researching different brands. The Inferno from http://www.volcanoecigs.com/ is the one that I have had the best luck with. Tanks and cartomizers work the best for me.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:55 PM   #6
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
I want to quit too, any great stuff can share here? I want to quite couple times, try patch and pills already, it only help me for 4 weeks, I really want to quit...
Old 10-02-2011, 01:01 PM   #7
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I bought one so i could smoke inside... not trying to quit i can just smoke more now lol
Old 10-02-2011, 05:52 PM   #8
enigma429ad has a spectacular aura aboutenigma429ad has a spectacular aura about
It's not meant to be advertised as a way to quit. That's what is getting it in trouble with the FDA. But it is a great alternative and many have been able to more easily reduce nicotine intake with them to the point of vaping nic free liquid. I have reduced mine down working to 0 nic juice. Really any 510 kit would be awesome to start with as that's what most of the brands are. I started with a cheap 510 kit from cignot.com, took a few days off regular cigs with just vaping and couldn't stand the taste of 'em anymore.

(Sorry I get really talkative about e-cigs. Spent way too much time looking around on them and love trying to get more people on them.)
Old 10-02-2011, 10:37 PM   #9
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMA TRD View Post
good for you... I smoked for 17 yrs and quit about 5 years ago. I quit cold turkey. I now gain 50lbs since then....so now i have other issues. I think ill start again so i can lose some weight. LOL
gaining weight is what im afraid of, but lang cancer is even more scarier if i kept on smoking cigarettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by T man View Post
I can say that vaporizing worked for me. I smoked for over 30 years, tried to quit a number of times. I tried patches, gum, cold turkey etc. I ordered my first ecig last November and have been smoke free since the day it arrived. As enigma429ad stated check out the ECF forum, a lot of information there. One thing I can add is it is a bit overwhelming when you start researching different brands. The Inferno from http://www.volcanoecigs.com/ is the one that I have had the best luck with. Tanks and cartomizers work the best for me.
just checked out that website. the Inferno looks just like the Tornado that i bought from the site i recommended

Quote:
Originally Posted by wing103 View Post
I want to quit too, any great stuff can share here? I want to quite couple times, try patch and pills already, it only help me for 4 weeks, I really want to quit...
i've personally tried patches and the gum already, didnt work. electronic cigarettes seemed to work the best for me. try it, it wont hurt to try it out. it will hurt to continue smoking cigs though.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma429ad View Post
It's not meant to be advertised as a way to quit. That's what is getting it in trouble with the FDA. But it is a great alternative and many have been able to more easily reduce nicotine intake with them to the point of vaping nic free liquid. I have reduced mine down working to 0 nic juice. Really any 510 kit would be awesome to start with as that's what most of the brands are. I started with a cheap 510 kit from cignot.com, took a few days off regular cigs with just vaping and couldn't stand the taste of 'em anymore.

(Sorry I get really talkative about e-cigs. Spent way too much time looking around on them and love trying to get more people on them.)
i've tried the 0 nic liquid, but just didnt do anything for me. i tried the 36mg nic liquid but was just too strong. right now im on 18mg liquid, so far so good. maybe eventually i'll work my down to 11mg then maybe 0
Old 10-04-2011, 05:29 AM   #10
yeah I personally am not on 0 nic yet, but i started 36 and slowly working my way down.

Most of the named cigs, like the tornado and volcano are just regular joye 510s, and egos but with their own name. although if I remember most of the stuff on tottallywicked is 901s.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:02 PM   #11

rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma429ad View Post
yeah I personally am not on 0 nic yet, but i started 36 and slowly working my way down.

Most of the named cigs, like the tornado and volcano are just regular joye 510s, and egos but with their own name. although if I remember most of the stuff on tottallywicked is 901s.
ya i just learned that they're all pretty much the same thing... but whats the difference between 510s and 901s?
Old 10-05-2011, 06:15 AM   #12
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
Three weeks and 3 days smoke free. Doing ok but munching on too much candy.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:20 AM   #13
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Ok so tried to quit smoking monday. Was going to do it cold turkey. Had a really stressful day and couldn't. So try again on Tuesday. I failed after lunch and had one. Last night some friends of mine invited me down to a bar for a few drinks. Beer=smoking... This is much harder that I thought it was going to be. Yesterday when I only smoked one cig. I think I ate about 40 pieces of gum throughout the day. Def a challange but dont think cold turkey is the right way for me to quit. Slowly decreasing till I done is probably what is going to work best for me.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:57 AM   #14
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
Max, you are taking a step in right diection. Miss my malboros but doing ok
Old 10-05-2011, 07:59 AM   #15
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
my mom gained 30 lbs when she quit smoking, she started again and all the weight is still there...

just an FYI
Old 10-05-2011, 08:03 AM   #16
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Smoking has made me its bitch.

rbeezy: I like a STRONG cig...do these pull really strong?
Old 10-05-2011, 08:27 AM   #17
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdpowell View Post
Max, you are taking a step in right diection. Miss my malboros but doing ok
Its not going to be easy. A friend of mine quit last summer and he told me every day since has been a challenge. (his whole family smokes) But I've made up my mind that I want to and thats huge. Today so far I've only had 2 which typically it would have been 4 by this time. Just going to take time and mental strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by friction View Post
Smoking has made me its bitch.
x2... Never thought that I would agree until I tried to stop.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:32 AM   #18
Ivan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ivan
Ivan's Tacoma Gallery
Thats great that you're off the cigs, is this e-cig less harmful for you?
Old 10-05-2011, 08:44 AM   #19
Firetech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ralph
Firetech's Tacoma Gallery
September 22, 1997 was the last day I smoked. A heart attack and a bypass operation at the young age of 45 made it easy to stop cold turkey. I was up to 2 packs of Marborol red a day.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeezy View Post
ya i just learned that they're all pretty much the same thing... but whats the difference between 510s and 901s?
the atomizer is the 510s and 901, which is just a different burning mechanism. 901 supposedly have higher flavor, while 510 has decent flavor, less leaky, and great throat hit. I've tried a few different ones but have just stuck with the 510.