Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Deodorant...This is the pits. Hardy har har.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:00 PM   #1
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Deodorant...This is the pits. Hardy har har.

So guess what. I sweat a lot. I hate it but it happens. So the problem is that antiperspirants stain my pits white. This looks gross when I raise my arm and it ruins my expensive shirts. I haven't had luck removing the stains either. My normal deodorant was Degree but I recently switched the Crystal. Well now I have a rash on one side so I haven't been using it. I have stinky pits and I need to cure it. Anyone use Tom's deodorant? Should I just switch back to antiperspirant but switch from an A shirt to a full T shirt for undershirts?

Help!
Old 10-11-2011, 07:57 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
Full t-shirt with antiperspirant. Go with a v-neck if you don't want the undershirt showing.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:00 PM   #4
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
N/M.... just re-read the op
Old 10-11-2011, 08:02 PM   #5
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewskie View Post
Have you tried a deodorant? You'll still sweat, but it should mask the scent. Not sure if it still leaves the stains on shirts though. I think the stains are more from the sweat or the deodorant itself.
I have on accident a few times since I didn't read the lable. I melt right through any deodorant especially if I'm active.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:02 PM   #7
jaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jaw154's Tacoma Gallery
I sweat a lot too and i use Gillete Clinical sport. shit works wonders and i rock two shirts as well. Undershirt v-neck and a normal shirt
Old 10-11-2011, 08:02 PM   #8
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
I knew somebody would say something about that... It's acceptable to wear one as long as you use it as an undershirt only.
I may consider it. I wear wife beaters now.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:04 PM   #9
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
i use degree invisible stick. not a stain yet
Old 10-11-2011, 08:07 PM   #10
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
i wear tee shirts for this same reason.

you can try soaking the shirts in vinegar or LESToil solution before washing

i switch deoderant brands every week, rotate between 3 or 4
Old 10-11-2011, 08:07 PM   #11
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
i use degree invisible stick. not a stain yet
That's what I used. It stained my shirts up pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudge151 View Post
i wear tee shirts for this same reason.

you can try soaking the shirts in vinegar or LESToil solution before washing

i switch deoderant brands every week, rotate between 3 or 4
I tried white vinegar and Oxiclean. No luck with either even when soaking for a day. The hard crust is still there. I ended up buying all new shirts.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #12
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
its your sweat not the deoderant staining your shirts
Old 10-11-2011, 08:09 PM   #13
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Try putting the deodorant on before you go to bed. Most people sweat less at night and it gives the active chemicals in the deodorant more time to absorb into your skin and become more effective.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:09 PM   #14
red taco will become famous soon enough
Name: Cole
red taco's Tacoma Gallery
Old Spice! and X2 on V-necks for undershirts only
Old 10-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #15
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudge151 View Post
its your sweat not the deoderant staining your shirts
No I'm sure it is the Aluminium zirconium tetrachlorohydrex in the antiperspirant. I have no issues with this new deodorant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
Try putting the deodorant on before you go to bed. Most people sweat less at night and it gives the active chemicals in the deodorant more time to absorb into your skin and become more effective.
Hmmm. I may try that. I still have to get something else since my body doesn't like the natural stuff.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #16
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
Use women's deodorant...

I have not personally tried it, but I have friends who have and it has worked.

Oh and about using deodorant at night. That is actually a bad idea. If you do not sweat like a pig while sleeping, try to not use deodorant, so as to give that area some rest. Deodorant can become toxic you know...
Old 10-11-2011, 08:17 PM   #17
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Liquid I View Post
Use women's deodorant...

Oh and about using deodorant at night. That is actually a bad idea. If you do not sweat like a pig while sleeping, try to not use deodorant, so as to give that area some rest. Deodorant can become toxic you know...
I may have to resort to it. I hate sweating so much. I'm in an air conditioned office and I am slightly warm for no reason.

I think she meant apply at night and not reapply in the morning but I shower in the morning.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:24 PM   #18
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Liquid I View Post
Use women's deodorant...

so i mistakenly said deodorant and not antiperspirant before.

If your armpits are damp -- as they are after you towel off from a shower -- the antiperspirant will mix with that wetness and slide off your skin instead of into the sweat ducts where you need it most. Thatís why itís best to apply antiperspirant at bedtime, when your underarms are dry and youíve got about 8 hours of relatively sweat-free slumber to allow the aluminum ingredient in antiperspirants to go to work.

http://www.webmd.com/healthy-beauty/...nt-ingredients

Yeah, the article says 'women' in the title...get over it.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:25 PM   #19
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
That's what I used. It stained my shirts up pretty good.
NOOOOOOOO dont tell me that.. well actually i dont sweat when i have t shirts on.. i usually run with not shirt on or take it off as i start to sweat.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:29 PM   #20
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
so i mistakenly said deodorant and not antiperspirant before.

Yeah, the article says 'women' in the title...get over it.
Don't take what I said in an offensive way... It was in no way directed at you. I just typed what I've learned. Also, I used the word deodorant loosely, because when I say deodorant I refer to products that have both a deodorant and an antiperspirant.