1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Weight Loss Pills/Supplements

Discussion in 'Health' started by tacomathunder, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Oct 19, 2011 at 10:28 PM
    tacomathunder

tacomathunder [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    pop-a-lock on tailgate, tailgate damper by ez down, extang platinum snap tonneau cover, rampage LED light bar, etrailer wiring harness, black led tail lights, tsi clutter catcher center console, griffin itrip ipod player,BHLM,35W DDM Tuning hid's 5000K, Day Time Running Light Mod, New Sony Stereo
    has anyone ever tried any and it actually worked??

im overweight, always have been, never could shed the pounds, even when i played football which would get me to run about 5 miles a day, i could never lose weight...ive tried diets and i lose very little in a long time...like 2-3 pounds in a year of dieting...the only time i lost a lot of weight was when i had food poisoning, and that was not fun...so I'm kind of desperate...im 19 going on 20 so i don't even think of surgery as an option nor will i ever...but maybe some sort of supplement could work...maybe...... opinions??

2. Oct 19, 2011 at 10:30 PM
    yotamikez

yotamikez Street glide or die

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Valrico
    Vehicle:
    04 civic & 08 Street glide
    Same boat. 19-20 too.

I lift and run 5 days a week. Change my stuff up frequently and nothing. I feel great though?

3. Oct 19, 2011 at 10:33 PM
    tacomathunder

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    pop-a-lock on tailgate, tailgate damper by ez down, extang platinum snap tonneau cover, rampage LED light bar, etrailer wiring harness, black led tail lights, tsi clutter catcher center console, griffin itrip ipod player,BHLM,35W DDM Tuning hid's 5000K, Day Time Running Light Mod, New Sony Stereo
    yeah, i mean, i don't feel like crap..i feel fine...just really want to be a lot less heavy than i am now....im 5' 6" (short i know lol -__-) and i weigh from 195-210 it ranges between those numbers

4. Oct 19, 2011 at 10:38 PM
    yotamikez

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Valrico
    Vehicle:
    What part of fl you in?

5. Oct 19, 2011 at 10:39 PM
    tacomathunder

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    college in Ft. Myers but from Ft. Lauderdale

6. Oct 19, 2011 at 10:40 PM
    yotamikez

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Valrico
    Vehicle:
    Well I'm subbed to this for anyone with info. I quit soda, and am eating better then I ever have lol.

7. Oct 19, 2011 at 10:42 PM
    tacomathunder

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    me too lol... sucks right?! its just amazing to me...i even tried a strictly rice and oatmeal diet and nothing came of it

8. Oct 19, 2011 at 10:43 PM
    yotamikez

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Valrico
    Vehicle:
    It's odd I continue to look different (more definition) but the scale doesn't change... I'm fine with my gut just want to get my chest more defined. I know I will never have a 6 pack like my brother.

Its funny 2 big mikes from florida!

9. Oct 19, 2011 at 10:51 PM
    tacomathunder

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    lol yessir!!! yeah, at least we definitely have strong lower bodies from holding the weight lol

10. Oct 19, 2011 at 10:54 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    The secret for me is sugar... I can keep the weight where I want it if I really watch my sugar intake. I suggest that the both if you get your diets in check... looking good is about 70% diet and 30% gym time. Progress will come, just put in the effort if you really want it

11. Oct 19, 2011 at 11:00 PM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    Ok, first off Stress will help you lose those unwanted pounds!

It's true but not healthy.

The goal is to create a caloric deficit. For what it's worth 3500 calories is about 1 pound,

Studies have found that waking up and drinking a cold 16oz of water boosts your metabolism by 39% for up to 6 hours.

You need to get your heart rate into a zone in which it aids in burning fat.

Cardio while good will not do it alone. Weight training helps build muscle and a pound of muscle weighs as much as a pound of fat but a pound of muscle is denser and will burn calories faster than a pound of fat will.

Fiber, fiber and fiber.

Breakfast mixed with healthy protein and healthy carbs increases your metabolism.

Fiber

Beer, beer is great but is loaded with calories. A craft brew (pyramid, anchorsteam, stone, dogfish head etc.) are loaded with calories. One 12oz craft brew can contain up to 700 calories. Think about it, 5 beers is one pound. You cut out beer, mix weight lifting and cardio start eating healthier with more fiber and you might be surprised.

Shit, get up and drink a 16oz glass of cold water and look at what it does to your metabolism.

12. Oct 19, 2011 at 11:05 PM
    yotamikez

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Valrico
    Vehicle:
    Guess I gotta get my diet in check... maybe choose a new one? My dad can go up or down in weight so rapidly its scary. I guess I'll call him.

I drink water all the time. Don't drink beer.

What is a diet to look at?

13. Oct 19, 2011 at 11:10 PM
    tacomathunder

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    like i said I've tried diets...never seem to work for me...even when i played football...i would diet and being playing football...which practice was a minimum 3 miles of running..usually about 5 a day...and most i ever lost was 3 lbs

14. Oct 19, 2011 at 11:10 PM
    4x4Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    Diets don't work. Evaluate what you are eating and look for alternatives, meaning you'll have to break habits and get into eating healthier foods. I have started packing my lunch for work I mix protein and healthy carbs/sugars.

15. Oct 19, 2011 at 11:11 PM
    4x4Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    Sodium, that is another big one. Cut sodium

A moderate 3mph walk for 15 minutes burns 150 calories.

16. Oct 19, 2011 at 11:12 PM
    tacomathunder

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    well when i refer to diets I've either cut something out of my eating or just ate a lot less of something...never went by a "diet" like south beach or any of that crap

17. Oct 19, 2011 at 11:15 PM
    ATriplett513

ATriplett513 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 Dbl Cb, 4x4, 4.0L, 6-speed
    Weight loss pills/supplements are not exactly safe. Anything that artificially boosts your metabolism can damage your body. Take the above advice to do it safely, not something artificial.

18. Oct 19, 2011 at 11:19 PM
    tacomathunder

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    well is there anything that makes the "hungry" feeling go away....i can't seem to shake the hungry feeling which doesn't help my cause

19. Oct 19, 2011 at 11:22 PM
    4x4Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    Tried portion control? What about more meals during the day? I know it sounds odd but smaller meals more often help with losing weight. I'm not talking meals but healthy snacking.

Get up and have 16oz cold water. Stretch, do some push ups and sit ups maybe some air squats to get the body moving. pan fry some egg whites (maybe with the one yolk) with a whole wheat english muffin and a serving of yogurt. wait for about 3 hours and have a small snack. Some mixed nuts, and apple or an orange. Wait till lunch and eat. I usually take 1/2 cup cottage cheese, some lunch meat, some string cheese and an apple with a spread made of peanut butter/oats/honey/raisins. Wait a few hours and grab a granola bar and some more string cheese. For dinner I usually eat a chicken breast and some steamed vegetables I don't like using salt on them but hit it with a little pepper and it turns out decent. I try not to eat anything after 6pm also. Lastly drink the crap out of water. I usually drink 72+oz of water a day.

20. Oct 19, 2011 at 11:42 PM
    ATriplett513

ATriplett513 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 Dbl Cb, 4x4, 4.0L, 6-speed
    Like chicken said, water.

Products Discussed in

To Top