LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Fish Oil

Old 11-09-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Fish Oil

Sooo....I had a doctor's appt the other day, and though I don't recall the actual numbers...My cholesterol is off as well as my glucose

My family is pre-disposed to both diabetes and high cholesterol

My doctor suggested that I start taking 1000mg of fish oil 4 times a day

Here's the problem

I cannot swallow pills...all jokes aside in my 29 years I have NEVER swallowed a pill

I don't know if it's a mental block or what but whatever

Is there any way to get 4000mg of fish oil a day without swallowing these gigantic gel capsules?

And thanks in advance, but I don't need any tips on taking pills because I've tried it all and it doesn't work
Old 11-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #2
erbbq is on a distinguished road
Marines: H&S Co, 3rd Bat, 24th Mar Div
erbbq's Tacoma Gallery
Get in liquid form and pour it you cereal, etc....
Old 11-09-2011, 02:28 PM   #3
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I imagine this to be absolutely disgusting...am I correct?
Old 11-09-2011, 02:29 PM   #4
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Eat fish
Old 11-09-2011, 02:30 PM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Everything should come in fruit flavored gummies
Old 11-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
1000mg of oil a day? thats like 6 pounds of cod every day....
no no...4000mg a day...1000mg 4 times a day
Old 11-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #7
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
I used to be the same way. Now I can take down an Animal Pak w/ 3 fish oil capsules in a single gulp.

Seriously, just get past the mental block. Think of it as a mouthful of food.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:34 PM   #8
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
yeah from what ive heard the best thing to do is put it on a spoon (so you get it down quick) and its super gross...may want to consider putting it in a shot glass
he's right. those gel capsules get eaten away in your stomach so quick it will do the same effect. . . .you would be getting the same effect by just throwing it in your mouth. closing your eyes and bite it, and wash the whole works down with some water.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:35 PM   #9
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
Everything should come in fruit flavored gummies
Old 11-09-2011, 02:39 PM   #10
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
I take fish oil, they are soft gels and slip down easier than any other pills I take, even easier than much smaller ones.

On a side note, 4 a day? I take 3 a day, not dr recommended just on my on since my family has a history of heart conditions and I know I don't eat as good as I should. The 3 a day is what the bottle recommends.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:41 PM   #11
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

i found a company that makes a bunch of different options that arent fish flavored...

www.coromega.com

they seem to get decent reviews on vitaminshoppe
Old 11-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #12
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Take "mega red" pills? I heard they're smaller.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:54 PM   #13
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
All joking aside...what happens when you try to swallow the pills? Your body will just physically not let you swallow it and it stays in your mouth and starts to get all gross?

Have you tried putting the pills in food? Yogurt, mashed potatoes, etc...

If you do protein shakes, you could put the liquid in that - it probably wouldn't be all that bad.

Fink
Old 11-09-2011, 03:00 PM   #14
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
All joking aside...what happens when you try to swallow the pills? Your body will just physically not let you swallow it and it stays in your mouth and starts to get all gross?

Have you tried putting the pills in food? Yogurt, mashed potatoes, etc...

If you do protein shakes, you could put the liquid in that - it probably wouldn't be all that bad.

Fink
pretty much...i can sometimes get them halfway down or so but they feel like they lodge and i cough and up they come

Tried pills in food...and don't do protein shakes

I'm gonna go hit up CVS here in a bit and see what they have
Old 11-09-2011, 03:01 PM   #15
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
pretty much...i can sometimes get them halfway down or so but they feel like they lodge and i cough and up they come

Tried pills in food...and don't do protein shakes

I'm gonna go hit up CVS here in a bit and see what they have
Man...that's a tough one. I'm sure there is something out there that will work for you.

Good luck!

Fink
Old 11-09-2011, 03:01 PM   #16
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

I wish i had a trick to make myself get over this block and be able to swallow pills...because headaches SUCK when you cant take anything for them
Old 11-09-2011, 03:27 PM   #17
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I wish i had a trick to make myself get over this block and be able to swallow pills...because headaches SUCK when you cant take anything for them
So have you ever tried taking any kind of soft gel pills? The fish oils I take are soft gel and when I take them with some juice they go right down unlike aspirin or the multi vitamins I take which do occasionally get stuck in my throat. I used to have a hard time making myself swallow pills too, but that is why I'm saying this, the fish oils I take go down easier than anything I have ever taken and they are about the biggest I've taken too.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:28 PM   #18
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you know they make powders for headaches right lol.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:43 PM   #19
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Morpheus
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Try Bio-Omego-3 Pure - natural lemon flavour. You dont taste the fish. (by Summit Suppliments)
Old 11-09-2011, 03:49 PM   #20
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Lovaza fish oils are the best but Rx only ,

Most fish oil are gel capsules so u can puncture and maybe add to a shake
Also I have cut into a few and the cheaper they are stinkyer they get
Go with lovaza or learn to swallow