Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

3rd degree burns, how to treat it at home??

Old 11-22-2011, 05:50 PM   #1
cab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to all

Name: Corey
cab4you26's Tacoma Gallery
3rd degree burns, how to treat it at home??

Alright so last Saturday I got burnt pretty bad in one spot on my arm. I am positive there is a spot that's maybe 5 inches long and 2 inches wide at most that is a 3rd deg. burn. There is another patch that is really red and the skin is kinda bubbly and I feel like that's a 2nd deg. burn.

I wasn't freaking out at first because the one spot didn't hurt. The rest of it does hurt. My mom saw it and went ape shit and now I'm freaking out like what do I do! I didn't even have anything on the burn until today basically. I got home and showered and covered in this antibiotic cream. It's oozing out of it in some places. I don't want to go to the hospital or a doctor. What can I do at home to get this burn to heal the best way possible? Any help is appreciated.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
Go to a Dr
Old 11-22-2011, 05:52 PM   #3
MMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant future
EMS:
Name: Michael
MMazz365's Tacoma Gallery
go to a doctor or hospital. If you don't treat it, it could get infected and turn out very bad
Old 11-22-2011, 05:53 PM   #4
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
TW can help you fix a lot of things... this is NOT one of them. Go to the doctor!
Old 11-22-2011, 05:53 PM   #5
jpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jpneely's Tacoma Gallery
Go to Lowes. get an aloe plant. cut the succulents off and rub it all ova! it will at least help with the pain. but yea go to a doc. they special ointments and what-not
Old 11-22-2011, 05:53 PM   #6
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: SSS
oneBIGroom's Tacoma Gallery
Drink your own piss.

No, go to the doctor.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:53 PM   #7
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudge151 View Post
Go to a Dr
This. Seriously go to a dr they know how to handle 2nd and 3rd degree burns
Old 11-22-2011, 05:53 PM   #8
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudge151 View Post
Go to a Dr
x2
Old 11-22-2011, 05:54 PM   #9
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab4you26 View Post
Alright so last Saturday I got burnt pretty bad in one spot on my arm. I am positive there is a spot that's maybe 5 inches long and 2 inches wide at most that is a 3rd deg. burn. There is another patch that is really red and the skin is kinda bubbly and I feel like that's a 2nd deg. burn.

I wasn't freaking out at first because the one spot didn't hurt. The rest of it does hurt. My mom saw it and went ape shit and now I'm freaking out like what do I do! I didn't even have anything on the burn until today basically. I got home and showered and covered in this antibiotic cream. It's oozing out of it in some places. I don't want to go to the hospital or a doctor. What can I do at home to get this burn to heal the best way possible? Any help is appreciated.
When it first happened you should have ran cold(not ice cold) water on the burn for a few minutes, then gone to the doctor. I had second degree burns on my foot. they will give you some stuff to put on it and a lot of bandages. 3rd degree burns, depending on how serious, you might need a skin graph
Old 11-22-2011, 05:55 PM   #10
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Infection is the risk. Can't treat that without prescription anti-biotics.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:55 PM   #11
cab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to allcab4you26 is a name known to all

Name: Corey
cab4you26's Tacoma Gallery
F me! This is not what I wanted to hear but I guess I'll be seeing a doctor tomorrow.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:55 PM   #12
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
go to a dr is obviously the best thing to do. for most burns though i soak it in baking soda and water. takes "the fire" out really well. . . i spray Greased Lightning on bug bites and that takes the itch away. . . hell i spray greased lightning on everything now that i think about it. try that.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:56 PM   #13
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
Also, if its 3rd degree you wont feel it because the nerves will be gone
Old 11-22-2011, 06:21 PM   #14
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab4you26 View Post
F me! This is not what I wanted to hear but I guess I'll be seeing a doctor tomorrow.
You're best off seeing the doctor now if it's as bad as you're making it out to be.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:30 PM   #15
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Got any pics?

seein a doc is the best bet.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:30 PM   #16
06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Cornelius Fire Department and Metro West Ambulance
Name: Robert
06TRDZombieHunter's Tacoma Gallery
Watch 128 hours once you get to the infection point at home... Its the only instructional video I can think of with self amputation...

If that doesn't seem feasible, probably a quick visit to a pharmacist, or ER could get you cleaned up enough to dress it properly.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:53 PM   #17
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Amputation. At the elbow. It is the only real cure.

Tools needed:
Surgical tubing for a turnikit(spelling)
Hacksaw with sharp blade.
a wooden stick to bite while cutting.
Chop saw *optional*
bandaids.

Good luck!
LOL
Old 11-22-2011, 06:58 PM   #18
Will The Thrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Amputation. At the elbow. It is the only real cure.

Tools needed:
Surgical tubing for a turnikit(spelling)
Hacksaw with sharp blade.
a wooden stick to bite while cutting.
Chop saw *optional*
bandaids.

Good luck!
You forgot something to break the bone(s) with. It's bad enough to have to cut flesh but to cut bone w/o anesthesia would be killer just easier to break it.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:00 PM   #19
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
3rd degree is one that burns the full thickness and will normally be surrounded by 2nd and 1st degree burns. It requires specialized care to avoid infection and grafts to replace the destroyed skin.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:05 PM   #20
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Best Home remedy in the world. You will need a vehicle...

Get in vehicle and got to a hospital.
3rd degree burns should be taken seriously.