LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

What is the single best thing we can do for our health

Old 12-12-2011, 02:59 PM   #1
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
What is the single best thing we can do for our health

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUaInS6HIGo
Old 12-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Improve your diet. After that exercising, but if your diet is crap, no amount of exercising will help you.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:04 PM   #3
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
Improve your diet. After that exercising, but if your diet is crap, no amount of exercising will help you.

Really it's when the two come together that most of the magic happens. Either in a vacuum is vastly decreased in effectiveness.

As for the answer to the OP: Don't be obese.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:08 PM   #4
berg2065 is on a distinguished road
berg2065's Tacoma Gallery
This thread would make for a good poll ?

I am going to throw 'stress management' out there
Old 12-12-2011, 03:09 PM   #5
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Live life like you're going to die , because you're gonna
Old 12-12-2011, 03:09 PM   #6
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by berg2065 View Post
This thread would make for a good poll ?

I am going to throw 'stress management' out there

No, you...see, the title is rhetorical. The answer is very well known in modern medicine. Exercise.

You need to not be a useless slug.

Driver has a point about diet: You have to eat food, not a lot of the plastic that is sold as food today but really isn't. But as long as you're actually eating something digestible, staying moving is priority #1.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:23 PM   #8
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
im an ER nurse. diabetes and heart disease suck, some people are stuck with one or both from birth but in most people both are preventable. so i think that the worst things are obesity and smoking.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:37 PM   #9
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Might not be the best place to mention this but what ever... haha

I've noticed a trend (I'm sure others here have noticed it or have actually done it) but it seems to me that people who are single are in better shape over all, as opposed to people who are in a steady relationship.

I've seen over and over again how some people become really inactive in a relationship (I'm talking about relationships with no kids/babies involved), and if for some odd reason it ends, they tend to lose some weight/get back into shape. Mainly cuz they all of a sudden "have time" again.

I would like to know if it's a subconcious thing people do (lose weight after getting out of a relationship) in order to "attract a mate" so to speak. then that person may find him/her self in another relationship, and as soon as it starts going steady "Oh here comes the weight again ".

Sure the exercise can also be attributed to relieving stress/feeling better about themselves, but I still find it kinda weird how it stops as soon as they find some one else.

Now I'm not saying this is true for everybody, but I see it more often than not. anybody wanna throw in their two cents?
Old 12-12-2011, 03:40 PM   #10
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink junky View Post
Might not be the best place to mention this but what ever... haha

I've noticed a trend (I'm sure others here have noticed it or have actually done it) but it seems to me that people who are single are in better shape over all, as opposed to people who are in a steady relationship.

I've seen over and over again how some people become really inactive in a relationship (I'm talking about relationships with no kids/babies involved), and if for some odd reason it ends, they tend to lose some weight/get back into shape. Mainly cuz they all of a sudden "have time" again.

I would like to know if it's a subconcious thing people do (lose weight after getting out of a relationship) in order to "attract a mate" so to speak. then that person may find him/her self in another relationship, and as soon as it starts going steady "Oh here comes the weight again ".

Sure the exercise can also be attributed to relieving stress/feeling better about themselves, but I still find it kinda weird how it stops as soon as they find some one else.

Now I'm not saying this is true for everybody, but I see it more often than not. anybody wanna throw in their two cents?
Your right.. I was working out a lot when I was single and was in better shape. Why, I was on the prowl! Now I'm married with In house Poon-tang, the need to shape up and look good really isn't needed anymore.
I do still hit the gym, but maybe 2-3 times a week vs. 5-6 times a week.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:41 PM   #11
Poser Truck

Half the purpose of a relationship is to be able to let yourself go.

Let's not even talk about marriage.

Old 12-12-2011, 03:47 PM   #12
Bad decisions make great stories.
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lost_Humanity's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Your right.. I was working out a lot when I was single and was in better shape. Why, I was on the prowl! Now I'm married with In house Poon-tang, the need to shape up and look good really isn't needed anymore.
I do still hit the gym, but maybe 2-3 times a week vs. 5-6 times a week.
The phenomena you are speaking of is commonly referred to as the "Love Chub."

But, yeah. Many, if not most people tend to drop some LBs after breaking up. Part of it is because they want to attract a mate, part of it is because they have more time, part of it is revenge.

Another thing to watch out for is if your significant other starts working out while you are still in a relationship. Sometimes an indicator they are going to dump you.

There's a lot to the Love Chub, though. One is definitely a decrease in flexible personal time. "Honey, I miss you and I wish you were home" tends to cut into the gym time, not to mention having to sync your eating habits. I know that when I am in a relationship (that I actually give a crap about) I tend to add about 10-20 lbs. because all of the sudden I'm eating out more, eating more dinners and watching motherfucking Glee when I should be running or taking the dog on a hike.

I think the reason a lot of married people get obese is so they can die faster and escape their own personal hell.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:52 PM   #13
Poser Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Humanity View Post
I think the reason a lot of married people get obese is so they can die faster and escape their own personal hell.

Old 12-12-2011, 04:16 PM   #14
Frankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant future

Frankoo1234's Tacoma Gallery
i say EVERYTHING IS ABOUT BALANCE... if you have a little bit of everything you will be great! my dad is a very healthy person runs is active eats very well.. likes his salad... BUT!! he ate to much and i guess over did the vitamin the salads and stuff he ate and effected a bunch of stuff in his body.. blood pressure and what not.. (there are a lt more details but thats the main idea) he ate regular food and he slowly came back to "normal"