Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Egg whites for burns

Old 12-19-2011, 11:57 AM   #1
slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.
Leggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Leggo's Tacoma Gallery
Egg whites for burns

I scorched my finger on a hot piece of steel. ran into the kitchen at work and cracked an egg, then put the white only on the burn. I did this because Mom sent me an email awhile back with this remedy. WOW does it work well! The pain went away within ten seconds and thinking I would have a major blister after, I was shocked it never happened. Anyone else ever try this?
Old 12-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #3
coloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
coloradotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leggo View Post
I scorched my finger on a hot piece of steel. ran into the kitchen at work and cracked an egg, then put the white only on the burn. I did this because Mom sent me an email awhile back with this remedy. WOW does it work well! The pain went away within ten seconds and thinking I would have a major blister after, I was shocked it never happened. Anyone else ever try this?

I have tried virtually every remedy you can imagine (I am a professional chef of 25 years) incluiding the egg whites which I agree work well. In my experience mustard works the best. The vinegar in it seems to pull the heat out rapidly. However, let me assert that any of the wives tales remedys for burns are NOT for severe or large burns!!!! If you have a really bad burn GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM or CALL AN AMBULANCE!
Old 12-19-2011, 12:08 PM   #4
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Don't know about egg whites but a product called Water-Jel works.
I think it is used professionally (EMS and military).
Old 12-19-2011, 12:10 PM   #5
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
I always just ran them under cold tap water for a few minutes.

but yeah if it's an open wound go to the ER.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:12 PM   #6
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
A mix of virgin coconut oil with fresh aloe is what I always use. It works like a charm!
Old 12-19-2011, 12:30 PM   #7
jackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jackhart's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
A mix of virgin coconut oil with fresh aloe is what I always use. It works like a charm!
yeah, i always keep that coconut oil and fresh aloe handy in the kitchen! lol.

i use bragg's natural apple cider vinegar for burns. works really, really well. i will have to remember this egg white trick and try that and compare which one works better. not that i'm looking forward to burning myself.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:53 PM   #8
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhart View Post
yeah, i always keep that coconut oil and fresh aloe handy in the kitchen! lol.

i use bragg's natural apple cider vinegar for burns. works really, really well. i will have to remember this egg white trick and try that and compare which one works better. not that i'm looking forward to burning myself.

The same places that sell Braggs Apple cider, will sell virgin coconut oil and aloe products...

I also get my coconut oil through a web vendor. www.tropicaltraditions.com
Old 12-19-2011, 02:01 PM   #9
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
My employer used to keep several medical supply's on hand, one of them being a product called "burn be gone", it worked really good also. Never seen this again since they quit stocking the med supply's.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:04 PM   #10
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradotacoma View Post
I have tried virtually every remedy you can imagine (I am a professional chef of 25 years) incluiding the egg whites which I agree work well. In my experience mustard works the best. The vinegar in it seems to pull the heat out rapidly. However, let me assert that any of the wives tales remedys for burns are NOT for severe or large burns!!!! If you have a really bad burn GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM or CALL AN AMBULANCE!
This! Burns are just about the easiest things to get infected and shouldn't be take lightly.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:06 PM   #11
Bad decisions make great stories.
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lost_Humanity's Tacoma Gallery
I pray to Tebow to heal my burns. It usually works, but only after the burn is already 3/4 done.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:08 PM   #12
coloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
coloradotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Humanity View Post
I pray to Tebow to heal my burns. It usually works, but only after the burn is already 3/4 done.
even after yesterday?
Old 12-19-2011, 02:13 PM   #13
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
I hear if you shove a burnt finger into a warm vagina, it works wonders. For you, anyways.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:19 PM   #14
Bad decisions make great stories.
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lost_Humanity's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradotacoma View Post
even after yesterday?
I said usually works.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:24 PM   #15
jackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jackhart's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
I hear if you shove a burnt finger into a warm vagina, it works wonders. For you, anyways.
this usually works wonders regardless if you have a burnt finger.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:28 PM   #16
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
A huge shot of Knob Creek and a Oxy will take all the pain away guaranteed.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:32 PM   #17
Banned
4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
4x4jeep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Humanity View Post