Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

ever been allergic to laundry detergent?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-23-2011, 04:03 AM   #41
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Did he give you a prescription? I have Triamcinolone Acetonide cream.

Go to the drug store and buy a couple tubes of different anti-itch creams.

The prescription stuff helps it to heal faster, but only temporarily prevents the itching. I'm constantly putting stuff on it to prevent the itching. It's a bitch when it itches!! It could go for a couple weeks before it goes away.

Good Luck!!!
he did give me a prescription of 2 antibiotics, i woke up this morning with it in 4 more places on the back of my hands ughh
Old 12-23-2011, 04:29 AM   #42
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
he did give me a prescription of 2 antibiotics, i woke up this morning with it in 4 more places on the back of my hands ughh
It sucks trying to figure out WTF its coming from. First, you gotta figure out how long it takes for you to see the 'rash' (for me, 2 days). And then figure out WTF you've come in contact with that might still have the oils on it.

When I found out what it was ....I swear, I wanted to clean everything off with alcohol!!! Cleaned out my truck, washed all my clothes, wiped off my shoes.... It's crazy!!
Old 12-23-2011, 05:37 AM   #43
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Yep. Took a while, but I figured it out right after basic training. Been using Tide only for the past 10 years.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:12 AM   #45
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by woods247 View Post
Sounds like the oil from the poison ivy is in your bed or on your clothes. Wash all of it...twice. I hate that shit.
i think its on my mattress cause i took off my bed sheets a few days ago to rewash everything, but on the otherhand if its on my mattress any idea why its only on the back of my arms/hands and my right ear?
Old 12-23-2011, 08:05 AM   #46
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
PILLOW!!! Do you tuck your hands under your pillow? Sleep on your right side? Awwww man, I feel so bad for you!
Old 12-23-2011, 08:20 AM   #47
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
Yep. Have to use Tide Free without perfumes and dye. It's the only brand I'll use.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:26 AM   #48
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
PILLOW!!! Do you tuck your hands under your pillow? Sleep on your right side? Awwww man, I feel so bad for you!
im gonna see if its my pillow, it takes 2 days for mine to pop up too, one day itll be small ant the next day itll rise and be itchy, i slept on the couch and got a few more small bumps, but we will see haha, thanks!
Old 12-23-2011, 08:34 AM   #49
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not but my wife is allergic to certain detergents. We use" ALL" non-scented with no dyes. Its the only thing we buy and she has no problems with that.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:00 AM   #50
Bring Yuengling To MN!
angrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

angrysam's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah been there. Certain bar soaps like Irish spring would get me when I was younger too. Still can't use most gell or clear deodorants either.

Welcome to the club.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:21 AM   #51
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
good god...
That shit "with fabreze"... and snuggle dryer sheets made my life miserable last week

Went to the socal mini mod day and people were afraid to ask what the hell happened to me.
Whole chest and neck was irritated and red. got itchy hives on my arms too.
bad times.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #53
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
So you found some poison ivy with no leaves!-DID THAT TOO--the vines carry the toxin-DAMN-sometimes you just cannot win.
Sometimes-detergent and or soap w/LEMON will make me breakout too.-INTENSE itching.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:01 PM   #54
Mlrwerks is one of the sharper tools in the shedMlrwerks is one of the sharper tools in the shedMlrwerks is one of the sharper tools in the shedMlrwerks is one of the sharper tools in the shedMlrwerks is one of the sharper tools in the shedMlrwerks is one of the sharper tools in the shedMlrwerks is one of the sharper tools in the shedMlrwerks is one of the sharper tools in the shedMlrwerks is one of the sharper tools in the shedMlrwerks is one of the sharper tools in the shedMlrwerks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Mlrwerks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
It turned out I was using too much detergent. I finally filled the washer up and came back during the rinse cycle and lifted the lid. It was foaming with soap suds in there. I cut the soap in half and my skin problems went away. Never even changed brands.
Bingo!
Interesting article concerning the amount of detergent that is actually needed.
Here
Old 12-23-2011, 01:41 PM   #55
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
You looked like a redneck zombie.

I hate you
Old 12-24-2011, 07:27 AM   #56
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
im gonna see if its my pillow, it takes 2 days for mine to pop up too, one day itll be small ant the next day itll rise and be itchy, i slept on the couch and got a few more small bumps, but we will see haha, thanks!
If you drove home (after the PI burning) in your truck....it could be on your center console (where you rest your arm) or on the side of the door (where you rest your other arm.... on the seats....

If you touched the oils (hands) and touched your ear.....picked your nose (ouch)....scratched your....(nevermind)
Old 12-24-2011, 07:33 AM   #57
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
Quote:
If you drove home (after the PI burning) in your truck....it could be on your center console (where you rest your arm) or on the side of the door (where you rest your other arm.... on the seats....

If you touched the oils (hands) and touched your ear.....picked your nose (ouch)....scratched your....(nevermind)

im going to wipe down the truck with rubbing alcohol today cause i noticed im starting to get it more where i lay my hands on the wheel.

have you ever rubbed the actual bumps down with alcohol? it makes it feel better, i just havent got the prescription because im scared to death of leaving the pharmacy with the flu haha
Old 06-25-2012, 07:29 AM   #58
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Old thread....I know....

We're always so careful but......Fawk! Got this shit again. Worse than last year!!

2 weeks of hell and I've got it on every appendig (both legs, both arms, neck, hands.....).

I'm gonna stay away from anything 'green' !!!
Old 06-25-2012, 07:36 AM   #59
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
We use the "ALL" brand with the "free and clear" version. My son has skin allergies so thats all we can use for him. Its cheaper than tide too

http://www.amazon.com/All-2x-Free-Cl.../dp/B00440ZGBU
Old 07-06-2012, 04:52 AM   #60
Robertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Robertgeejr1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Old thread....I know....

We're always so careful but......Fawk! Got this shit again. Worse than last year!!

2 weeks of hell and I've got it on every appendig (both legs, both arms, neck, hands.....).

I'm gonna stay away from anything 'green' !!!

I know how you feel, I have severe hay fever and allergies, and I am so sensitive to poison oak/ivy yeas ago when I had a house, a neighbor two houses up had bought a run down house and was clearing the yard real good and he as cutting and weed eating poison ivy and it was windy and I inhaled enough to make be breakout in my throat and wind pipe, it was a wicked week and that is all I will say.

Products Discussed in this Thread