Notices

Sick after workout?!

Old 01-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #1
The slowest build EVER!!
MI4x4Toy will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
MI4x4Toy's Tacoma Gallery
Sick after workout?!

So due to busy schedules and lack of fUnds I had dropped my gym membership a year ago. I've been piecing together things at home to do workouts at home including a trainer for my mountain bike.

Last night my work out included interval training on the bike. Two minute sessions at around 80-90 rpm. Included with my workout was sit ups, planks, pushups. I really beat on myself hard for a good 45 minutes.

This morning I wake up and major diarhhea. Not much energy in my body and dead tired.

So my question, is it likely the workout caused this? I've been fine since my stomach cleared out this morning.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
abn2060 is on a distinguished road

abn2060's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI4x4Toy View Post
So due to busy schedules and lack of fUnds I had dropped my gym membership a year ago. I've been piecing together things at home to do workouts at home including a trainer for my mountain bike.

Last night my work out included interval training on the bike. Two minute sessions at around 80-90 rpm. Included with my workout was sit ups, planks, pushups. I really beat on myself hard for a good 45 minutes.

This morning I wake up and major diarhhea. Not much energy in my body and dead tired.

So my question, is it likely the workout caused this? I've been fine since my stomach cleared out this morning.
It is more than likely viral. Once it clears your system you should be OK. Just drink a lot of liquids.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #3
jpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jpneely's Tacoma Gallery
did you use any sort of muscle milk type stuff. because i tried it one time and i got sick from it. it was like the hershey squirts. no bueno. but if not then id say somethin you ate and its just a bad coincidence
Old 01-16-2012, 02:22 PM   #4
Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails.
Dark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dark_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Not the workout. There is a ton of little bugs going around.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #5
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
It's most likely something you consumed. Are you taking any new supplements?
Old 01-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #6
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
i got that way from going to the gym... now I always wash my hands post workout
Old 01-16-2012, 02:43 PM   #7
The slowest build EVER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
It's most likely something you consumed. Are you taking any new supplements?
Quote:
jpneely; did you use any sort of muscle milk type stuff. because i tried it one time and i got sick from it. it was like the hershey squirts. no bueno. but if not then id say somethin you ate and its just a bad coincidence
No new supplements. I really don't like taking them. For some reason I feel that I should be able to accomplish what my goal is without the use of supplements. Although I have tried them in the past!

Maybe the lunch earlier that day. Hot wings and cheese fries. Usually not a bother to me. Maybe it is all a coincidence with what I ate? Well if not the workout then I will continue tomorrow as planned.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #8
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
another option is that you were possibly dehydrated. you may have felt fine but if you worked up a pretty good sweat and didnt drink enough afterwards it may not have hit you until you were asleep. but more likely it was some sort of bug
Old 01-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #9
The slowest build EVER!!

I still feel dehydrated. Could be lack of nutrition and dehydrated
Old 01-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #10
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BlueTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Possible dehydrationn drink lots of gatorade and water
Old 01-16-2012, 04:11 PM   #11
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTaco07 View Post
Possible dehydrationn drink lots of gatorade and water
x2

considering you were doing inteval and high intesity stuff this is definiatly a high possibilty
Old 01-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #12
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Get you some gatorade or Vita drink..SOunds like you may need some electrolytes, and a little bit of sodium. Good luck and get you ass back to working out. lol
Old 01-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #13
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
deadhed61's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No new supplements. I really don't like taking them. For some reason I feel that I should be able to accomplish what my goal is without the use of supplements. Although I have tried them in the past!

Maybe the lunch earlier that day. Hot wings and cheese fries. Usually not a bother to me. Maybe it is all a coincidence with what I ate? Well if not the workout then I will continue tomorrow as planned.
Most likely just a result from this ^^^. On that same note, how do you plan on hitting your goal without supplements when you're eating like that?!?!

Most of the time supplements are a must if you're trying to gain any type of muscle mass. It's VERY hard and expensive to eat the neccessary amount of protein in one day.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #14
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
Did you eat anything right b4 working out?
Old 01-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #15
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhed61 View Post
Most of the time supplements are a must if you're trying to gain any type of muscle mass. It's VERY hard and expensive to eat the neccessary amount of protein in one day.
x2... Unless he has good gens. My buddy eats anything he wants and that dude is shredded!
Old 01-16-2012, 04:22 PM   #16
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
It's prob the toxins from that crap food u ate before making its way out as your metabolism just went into over drive.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #17
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Most likely a virus take a day or two off to recover and push fluids. When your feeling ok return to w/o with lower intensity and build your way up as tolerated. Never go from no workout to full-on intensity without laying a foundation first. Make sure symptom free before w/o again or you'll deplete energy your immune system needs and the virus will flare.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #18
I want a Painkiller!
Noslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Noslow100's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Let me start with this statement first. If you take supplements in an effective manner then it will be very beneficial. Also not really expensive. Depending upon what type of training you are doing you could see very good gains from proper protein intake. As far as you being sick. I had something similar to this happen to me a few times. You need to understand that when you work out you are tearing fibers and muscle tissue throughout your body as you workout. As well as depleting your body of nutrients while you perform. This is a normal thing. First drink plenty of fluids before during and after your workout. Also you are gonna need to start paying more attention to your diet and the calorie intake. Eat more often than just three meals a day. Don't gorge yourself constantly, yet several smaller meals throughout the day. You maintain a steady stream of carbs and fuel in the body for it to burn off and not attack whats left of your body. This will help dramatically in keeping you from feeling run down. For now since you are feeling sick take a few days off and feed your body in the process. Not junk but good stuff like bananas and nuts and greens, eggs and milk if it does not upset you. When you hit the workouts again in a few days do 3/4 of the routine that you did the last workout. See how you feel and if you are good then up it to 100% and kick your own ass again. Hope this helps and sorry about the length.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #19
The slowest build EVER!!

Everything posted is very helpful. The workout is based on increasing my mountain biking performance. My core is not strong enough to make the ride enjoyable and possibly compete in some local single track races! I'm about 6foot and 220 lbs, never had much of any gut really, but not a shredded beast at the same time. I don't want more mass than I've got..most Xl tshirts are tight already...sick of buying clothes.

I had a beef roast about two hours prior to workout. Probably not enough water during and after.