Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Will men need the HPV vaccine?

Old 01-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #1
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Will men need the HPV vaccine?

I love going down on women, but this HPV thing is one serious game changer! Read the link, and get yourself informed!

Will we as men need to do this?

http://yourlife.usatoday.com/health/...ted/52795342/1
Old 02-19-2012, 01:11 AM   #2
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
I got the shots just incase, seems easy to spread on accident

EDIT- I had to start the shots before I was 18 which was odd just fyi
Old 03-05-2012, 07:15 AM   #4
Thank you to all our miltary personnel for serving
TyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
TyT's Tacoma Gallery
I just read something about this the other day in mens journal new magazine article here is the link

http://www.mensjournal.com/can-oral-sex-cause-cancer

It scares me but idk if it scares me enough to quit going down south =)
Old 03-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #5
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
NOBODY that has tried it wants to quit going down south... It is after all one of life's greatest pleasures!
Old 03-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #6
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Everything I've read says there isn't a test for HPV in men. Yet, when you find out you have cancer, they have the ability to tell you if it's HPV related? I'm not real clear on testing for women either, it sounds like that is only happening when there is a reason to suspect cervical cancer.

The vaccine sounds promising for younger folks, not sure why they are saying 26 and younger for men to get vaccinated? If we are to prevent this from becoming an epidemic, it would seem that the priority should be having a standard test available. Imagine if there was no way to get tested for HIV until you already had some rare form of cancer!

The other consideration is how much of this is being driven by the media. Breast cancer is something like 220,000 new cases a year. I think the number they gave for HPV related throat cancer was 7,000 cases a year. At 33 years old, I can think of five women out of all my family, friends, customers, aquaintences that I know have had breast cancer or died from it. There are twenty times the number of breast cancer cases out there. Not saying this isn't a big deal, but let's keep in in perspective.