Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

P90X

Old 01-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
no one ever pays me in gum
blacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: caleb
blacksheff405's Tacoma Gallery
P90X

Ok so I'm 19 years old 5 foot 9 and over 260. I used to be very athletic and played football all my life well after graduation I had pretty serious ankle surgery that had me out of commission for about 6 months ever since then I kept eating like I was a football player but I sat on my ass all day. Well now I am the heaviest in the family and tired of taking shit for it so today I decided to start P90X. It is also already kicking my ass. ha but I decided that I should keep up the journey on here that way I will keep myself accountable and finish this out. my goal weight is 180 ( thats what I was when I was in peak shape junior year). but I will post about every week and let ya know how it is going. that is all for now
Old 01-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
Galt/Rearden 2012
whatatoy is a jewel in the roughwhatatoy is a jewel in the roughwhatatoy is a jewel in the roughwhatatoy is a jewel in the rough
whatatoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheff405 View Post
Ok so I'm 19 years old 5 foot 9 and over 260. I used to be very athletic and played football all my life well after graduation I had pretty serious ankle surgery that had me out of commission for about 6 months ever since then I kept eating like I was a football player but I sat on my ass all day. Well now I am the heaviest in the family and tired of taking shit for it so today I decided to start P90X. It is also already kicking my ass. ha but I decided that I should keep up the journey on here that way I will keep myself accountable and finish this out. my goal weight is 180 ( thats what I was when I was in peak shape junior year). but I will post about every week and let ya know how it is going. that is all for now

Keep up the discipline - this is a tough workout and the hardest thing is making that hour of your day available 5-6 days a week. I need to do this one again, it's good!
Old 01-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #3
blacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

the problem i'm having is just having the energy to go the entire time i got about half way and thought i was about to die. i need to do the second half then the ab ripper is after that..
Old 01-30-2012, 06:07 PM   #4
Galt/Rearden 2012
whatatoy is a jewel in the roughwhatatoy is a jewel in the roughwhatatoy is a jewel in the roughwhatatoy is a jewel in the rough
slow down - do half of each set - when I first started up again, I limited myself, for example, to 10 pushups or 3 pull ups (per set) in the chest/back work out, or in plyometrics, only doing 10 squats or lunges - This way, got through the entire workout, was still burning calories and building muscle, etc and felt like I had accomplished more... give that a try, remember - do your best, forget the rest (each set)...
Old 01-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #5
thairannosaurus has a spectacular aura aboutthairannosaurus has a spectacular aura aboutthairannosaurus has a spectacular aura about
Army: Signal LT, 228 CSH (USAR)
Name: Anthony
thairannosaurus's Tacoma Gallery
i know what you mean, i'm doing insanity and i agree with whatatoy: don't try to keep up with the guys on the screen. these guys auditioned and were in test groups and had been doing this for months before they even got a chance to be in it. my secret to insanity was just keeping a steady pace. for every two or three they do, do 1 and work your way up to their level. that's how i built myself up in insanity and i can almost keep up with those guys... almost, haha. good luck though! also, you could always invest in a pre-workout supplement to give you a little boost. i use white flood, good stuff, loads of energy, no creatine.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #6

thanks guys I finished out and felt pretty good I was exhausted and then went to play football after. its been a crazy day and i'm mostly worried about tomorrow.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:36 PM   #7
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed! Keep up the work and keep is updated! There are white a few if us who work out regularly and even a few who compete.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #8

ha I'll never be at competing shape but I've never been huge but all my friends were always super slim and so I have always been the "fat guy" and after years of it and now its really true i'm tired of being fat b/c it makes me feel like shit all the time i have no motivation and well the ladies dont come knocking down the door either ha so its time to change things
Old 01-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #9
I want a Painkiller!
Noslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Noslow100's Tacoma Gallery
Im getting ready to do P90X again starting next Monday. We have a contest at work and P90X is an ass kicking program. I love it. I will let you know how it goes.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #10

alright man keep us posted yea I started today and so far feeling good and ready for plyos tmro
Old 02-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #11
BigFoot aka Sasquatch
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
I will be starting it again in the coming weeks. I need to get the crap cleaned up in the basement first so i have a place to work out.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #12

ha yea finding a place with enough room and a tv to use is hard
Old 03-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #13
Galt/Rearden 2012
how the workouts going?
Old 03-13-2012, 06:53 PM   #14

there going. I havent been doing it as much as i need to but I started back last week and did it every day and this week i've done it every day but 1 or 2 (start isn't on a monday) and reason i missed was i've felt like crap and just didn't have the strength but i'm going to and need to get back at it. the first weigh in I lost 8 pounds
Old 03-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #15
JPC2061 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: J.P.
JPC2061's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
blacksheff405 I have to say get ready for an experience when I stared P90X I was 280 lbs. Today between that and Insanity I am 215. It works plain and simple and that weight loss was with out the meal plan. Now I gotta say I didn't get jacked, but as a cop in PA I have seen improvement in all everything from lifting dead weight to spiriting. Stick with it and I'm sure you'll hear Tony say several times "Mix it UP!" try mixing it up make it hard for yourself. I'm doing P90X2 now and I gotta say I'm in the same line of thinking with it. I would never promote the bullsh*t you see on TV. This is something that worked for me and will back 100% Good luck enjoy the journey.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:16 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPC2061 View Post
blacksheff405 I have to say get ready for an experience when I stared P90X I was 280 lbs. Today between that and Insanity I am 215. It works plain and simple and that weight loss was with out the meal plan. Now I gotta say I didn't get jacked, but as a cop in PA I have seen improvement in all everything from lifting dead weight to spiriting. Stick with it and I'm sure you'll hear Tony say several times "Mix it UP!" try mixing it up make it hard for yourself. I'm doing P90X2 now and I gotta say I'm in the same line of thinking with it. I would never promote the bullsh*t you see on TV. This is something that worked for me and will back 100% Good luck enjoy the journey.
thanks man I need to get back on it.
My only thing that has scared me has been the last few times i've done it i've felt like I was going to throw up. but i'm ready to get this weight off.

me and my family are currently doing the biggest loser diet. which I will say just about everything I've had (and I am the first to gripe about anything green) has been amazing. its a little labor intensive as far as preparing it but its quite yummy
Old 03-13-2012, 08:26 PM   #17
JPC2061 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: J.P.
JPC2061's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks man I need to get back on it.
My only thing that has scared me has been the last few times i've done it i've felt like I was going to throw up. but i'm ready to get this weight off.

me and my family are currently doing the biggest loser diet. which I will say just about everything I've had (and I am the first to gripe about anything green) has been amazing. its a little labor intensive as far as preparing it but its quite yummy
Haha yea I had that the first time through and the days I really pushed it try eatting something about an hour before or have a pre workout shake to calm your stomach before hand. That solved my problem, but everyone's body is different.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:33 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPC2061 View Post
Haha yea I had that the first time through and the days I really pushed it try eatting something about an hour before or have a pre workout shake to calm your stomach before hand. That solved my problem, but everyone's body is different.
thanks man i'll have to give that a shot
Old 03-19-2012, 12:24 AM   #19

well I will say that I haven't started back yet but with my new job at home depot all I do is load peoples cars all day long throwing easily 6,000 pounds worth of product a day. and when I get home I'm so exhausted I just want to go to sleep, but I think after another week or two I will be used to the new work load that I will have the energy to get back to it. but even without p90x I've lost 16 pounds in 2 weeks which I think is pretty good
Old 05-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #20
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Starting tomorrow.