Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Thoughts on the 5 x 5 Workout Program

Old 02-01-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
If ya ain't first, your last!
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
Name: Nate
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Thoughts on the 5 x 5 Workout Program

Trying to get back into the swing of things, just curious as to who has tried the 5 x 5 workout program and your thoughts on it. I'm by no means an expert, but it seems like so little exercises. 3 exercises, 5 reps by 5 sets. Doesnt seem like a whole lot to me, but what do I know. Just curious on your guys thoughts and so forth...
Old 02-01-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
what workout are you reffering to? 5x5 has been around as long as working out has.

if you are new to weight lifting, you should start here:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program
Old 02-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #3
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Umm honestly, I thought I seen someone reference the 5 x 5 workout on here. I'm not necessarily new to lifting, did it all throughout highschool, then kind of strayed away from it the last couple years. I am going into LE so definitly looking to get back into the swing of things. Really looking to gain mass and so forth. I know all kinds of different workouts and so forth, whether it be with a barbell, kettle bell, dumbell, etc. Just trying to get a good workout program to follow, maybe 3-4 days a week.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
follow the one i linked above. nothing you can do will be better. mark rippetoe is the foremost expert on weightlifting, and that is a proven design
Old 02-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #5
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Aight, thanks man!