Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Am I losing weight too quickly?

Old 02-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #21
Local TW dissenter
toy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
toy02ota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relik View Post
Is this ketogenic diet something you recommmend? What did you use a sa guide?
I like it. I just read up on it on the internet and formed my plan. The Atkins diet is a form of ketogenic diet its just far more structured. My main thing will be to reintroduce healthy carbs and starches to make it maintainable. But yes its effective. Its not an easy diet though.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #22
tacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoteacher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Had that happen once......lost 50# in 3 weeks. Same reason too.
Thats what did it for me too. Sad, but the only way I've ever effectively lost weight. No appetite
Old 02-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #23
Swanson52 is a jewel in the roughSwanson52 is a jewel in the roughSwanson52 is a jewel in the roughSwanson52 is a jewel in the rough
Swanson52's Tacoma Gallery
CKD is an awesome way to eat; I did it off and on for probably 5 years. I had getting back into ketosis from my refeed down to 36 hours total.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #24
Local TW dissenter
toy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
CKD is an awesome way to eat; I did it off and on for probably 5 years. I had getting back into ketosis from my refeed down to 36 hours total.
It took me somewhere between 40 and 48 hours to hit ketosis this first time. When you do though you know it. I had a nagging headache and the weirdest taste in my mouth. Luckily the headaches and fatigue quickly went away.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:52 PM   #25
Local TW dissenter

Well y'all were right my weight has leveled off considerably. I've only.lost 3 more since Tuesday but the inches are leaving and I'm getting firmer. Its progress I say
Old 02-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #26
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
thats how it always is.. best results in the beginning!

did you take before pictures?
Old 02-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #27
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
As long as you take good vitamins (with minerals) and drink lots of water (to stay hydrated) your health risks should be less.

Vitamins and water are super important to your body ... especially when loosing weight.

And it is good to check with you doctor too.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #28
Shake and Bake
4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jefferson
4wd Boss's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Had that happen once......lost 50# in 3 weeks. Same reason too.
i call absolute bs.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #29
Banned
MattyTaco is on a distinguished road
MattyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i wanna go on one of these low carb diets but the problem is that i drink beer on thursdays fridays and saturdays, and a lot of it, (minimum 12 on these said days) and I know that beer has a lot of carbs. Is their an alternative to this diet that allows a great big helping of beer?
Old 02-16-2012, 04:08 PM   #30
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyTaco View Post
i wanna go on one of these low carb diets but the problem is that i drink beer on thursdays fridays and saturdays, and a lot of it, (minimum 12 on these said days) and I know that beer has a lot of carbs. Is their an alternative to this diet that allows a great big helping of beer?
moonshine diet
Old 02-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #31
Local TW dissenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyTaco View Post
Yeah you'll just have to up the intake of alcohol so you violently vomit your stomach up. That should lose a few pounds for you.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:50 PM   #32
Local TW dissenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
thats how it always is.. best results in the beginning!

did you take before pictures?
Oh yeah. I got it hung on the refrigerator for motivation :laugh
Old 02-21-2012, 05:19 AM   #33
Local TW dissenter

Well here's a little update guys and gals. Last Friday I fucked everything up (or so I thought) I went over to a friends house aand ended up eating pizza and drinking beer. I was actually really down on myself about it but low and behold it knocked me off a little stall I was having. I'm at 193.5. Or a 18.5lb loss in just a couple of weeks. I don't know if the pizza just shocked my metabolism or if it just kicked my ass into working harder.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:35 AM   #34
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toy02ota View Post
Well here's a little update guys and gals. Last Friday I fucked everything up (or so I thought) I went over to a friends house aand ended up eating pizza and drinking beer. I was actually really down on myself about it but low and behold it knocked me off a little stall I was having. I'm at 193.5. Or a 18.5lb loss in just a couple of weeks. I don't know if the pizza just shocked my metabolism or if it just kicked my ass into working harder.
Nothing wrong with cheating every once in a while. I have lost 25 pounds recently by lowering my sugar intake, but every now and then over a weekend or at a restaurant I will have a good helping of dessert after dinner and drink a soda or two and it does not seem to affect anything. As long as you are consistent with the healthy diet most days of the week the few exceptions will not do any serious harm. In fact, I think it is good for moral to treat yourself to something nice every now and then so you don't feel you are being punished by doing the healthy diet.