Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Am I losing weight too quickly?

Old 02-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
Local TW dissenter
toy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
toy02ota's Tacoma Gallery
Am I losing weight too quickly?

Last Wednesday I finally started my diet and exercise training. I'm 20 years old and I weighed 212lbs. I started a ketogenic diet (low carb Atkins style diet) and I've followed it to a T. I also began HIIT training on the treadmill and using insanity DVDs. I also take lipo-6 black ultra concentrate. Yeah I know diet pills are bad but I love the energy and the way my metabolism runs on it. Anyway I weighed this morning for the 1st time since starting and I was at 199. A 13 lb loss in 5 days. Do I need to change something? My goal weight is around 175 but I expected a hard road to get it.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
Swanson52 is a jewel in the roughSwanson52 is a jewel in the roughSwanson52 is a jewel in the roughSwanson52 is a jewel in the rough
Swanson52's Tacoma Gallery
You're losing water weight.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #3
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
yeah at first you will lose weight really fast then it will slow down, good luck and good job at working hard to keep your body weight down.

keep us updated on how it goes, even though you lost 13 lbs in 5 days, the next week wont be the same.

edit: i dont work in the health industry or anything, just lifted and read alot, so take the above with a grain of salt.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #4
Local TW dissenter
toy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

But 13 lbs worth? I expected 3 or 4 lbs of water weight to come off quick but that seems like a bit much.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:00 AM   #5
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
want to hear something crazy? 13 lbs is really not un healthy IMO, i lost 25 lbs in 6 days, started out at 180 ended at 155. all cause my gf of 2 years broke up with me.

i felt tired and like shit, so that was un healthy for me, but you lost half of what i lost and you started out weight more. and you lost it in a healthy way. has anyone noticed yet?
Old 02-13-2012, 10:02 AM   #6
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
want to hear something crazy? 13 lbs is really not un healthy IMO, i lost 25 lbs in 6 days, started out at 180 ended at 155. all cause my gf of 2 years broke up with me.

i felt tired and like shit, so that was un healthy for me, but you lost half of what i lost and you started out weight more. and you lost it in a healthy way. has anyone noticed yet?
Had that happen once......lost 50# in 3 weeks. Same reason too.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #7
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Had that happen once......lost 50# in 3 weeks. Same reason too.
wow i thought i was the only one. what was your starting weight if you dont mind me asking? did you gain any of it back later on?
Old 02-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #8
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bloodshart
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
You're losing weight but it's all bad weight. You're keeping protein intake high so your body isn't consuming its own tissue and muscle, but instead it's turning to the fat reserves like it should. Your dedication is paying off and you found the ideal formula for your body to be its most efficient. It's also nice to be in your 20's when your metabolism is still really easy to boost. Take advantage of it and keep it up! Before you know it, your body will be at a new weight set point.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #9
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
You're losing weight but it's all bad weight. You're keeping protein intake high so your body isn't consuming its own tissue and muscle, but instead it's turning to the fat reserves like it should. Your dedication is paying off and you found the ideal formula for your body to be its most efficient. It's also nice to be in your 20's when your metabolism is still really easy to boost. Take advantage of it and keep it up! Before you know it, your body will be at a new weight set point.

agree, and i dont really think you should have a stopping point.

maybe a point to where you stop taking diet pills and just going to the gym and lifting to get bigger.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #10
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Quote:
wow i thought i was the only one. what was your starting weight if you dont mind me asking? did you gain any of it back later on?
200 -> 150 and yes I did gain it back.....unfortunately.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #11
Banned
Quote:
200 -> 150 and yes I did gain it back.....unfortunately.

did you guys end up getting back together and then gain it back? thats what happened to me... i want to lose it again and keep it off i just dont have the time. what pulled you out of it?
Old 02-13-2012, 10:08 AM   #12
Local TW dissenter

Quote:

Wow that's crazy man. I'm trying to do this right. It just seemed drastic to me because I expected about 6 or 7 lbs of loss by now so I was like "oh shit" yeah I've had several people ask if I started a diet. But yeah I feel great tons of energy and a clear head. Which I put the cigarettes and booze away so that probably helped too.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:09 AM   #13

Marines:
Quote:
did you guys end up getting back together and then gain it back? thats what happened to me... i want to lose it again and keep it off i just dont have the time. what pulled you out of it?
Nope. The only thing that pulled me out was time.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #14
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
look in the gym/workouts thread and get lifting
Old 02-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #15
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nope. The only thing that pulled me out was time.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #16
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
It is a lot to loose in such a short time, but not uncommon. I started a similar low sugar (low carb type) diet last year and lost 18 pound in the first 2 weeks, then it slowed down to only about a couple pounds every week, and I am down to total 25 pounds total now, about 2 months later, and only lost 1 pound this last month. I guess I have reached a healthy balanced weight (and I have started to cheat a little on the sugar) but I am happy with where I am (199 lbs at 6'4")
The important thing is to keep up the healthy lifestyle so that your body can adopt the eating style along with your metabolism, and you should be set for a long time.

Good job and good luck.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:14 AM   #17

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post

Ironically, that's where she is now.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #18
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toy02ota View Post
Wow that's crazy man. I'm trying to do this right. It just seemed drastic to me because I expected about 6 or 7 lbs of loss by now so I was like "oh shit" yeah I've had several people ask if I started a diet. But yeah I feel great tons of energy and a clear head. Which I put the cigarettes and booze away so that probably helped too.
Good job for putting away the cigs and booze! That is good in itself. I would say instead of the diet pills, start moving towards a healthy eating habit. I just cut sugars out (soda, sweet tea, chocolates, sugared cereals). I eat healty - vegetables etc, but nothing different than before, I still have steak with some fat on it, potatoes every now and then etc. The important think is to do something that is sustainable. It does not help to go on a crash diet that you can't or don't want to keep up in the future, because you will just gain it back.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #19
Banned
Quote:
Ironically, that's where she is now.
awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerseun View Post
Good job for putting away the cigs and booze! That is good in itself. I would say instead of the diet pills, start moving towards a healthy eating habit. I just cut sugars out (soda, sweet tea, chocolates, sugared cereals). I eat healty - vegetables etc, but nothing different than before, I still have steak with some fat on it, potatoes every now and then etc. The important think is to do something that is sustainable. It does not help to go on a crash diet that you can't or don't want to keep up in the future, because you will just gain it back.
in bold is very important
Old 02-13-2012, 10:41 AM   #20
Relik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Eddy
Relik's Tacoma Gallery
Is this ketogenic diet something you recommmend? What did you use a sa guide?